• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Liberty University DGC (Lynchburg, VA)

Ryan P.

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Anyone heard anything about it? I'm a student at Liberty, and I was one of the people who helped petition for it, but Liberty isn't keeping me or any friends in the loop. I've heard it will be up and ready in about 6 weeks and 2 sets of tees. Any more info/are those rumors correct? Thanks.

i have heard a little about it on the elk creek message board- check in there- i think arvid is pushing it if i remember correctly.

Anyone heard anything about it? I'm a student at Liberty, and I was one of the people who helped petition for it, but Liberty isn't keeping me or any friends in the loop. I've heard it will be up and ready in about 6 weeks and 2 sets of tees. Any more info/are those rumors correct? Thanks.

That seems strange. The university wants to keep students out of the development of campus activity that is essentially for the students. I would be outraged if I were a student there and kept out of the loop.

hah, yeah it is a little sad, but there are plenty of things more important than being in the loop about the course. Thanks Biscoe, if I see Arvid, I'll talk to him about it, and I'll check out the board asap.

Hey guys...I know I'm a bit late in replying to this thread, but got some news regarding the planned disc golf course at Liberty University. I just spoke with the project manager in charge of it and he says completion should be Fall 2010. They are planning 27 tees (with some alternates). Its going to be where the paint ball course is located.

yeah, we do. Our team won CLub championships a few years ago though, and then they built the course.

As far as the course, it's pretty much finished. There are some small parts that are not complete, but there are 2 sets of tees and all the holes are in. Some of my friends still in town have played it, and they enjoyed it. I'll post stuff on the courses link when i get info.

It looks like the course should be finished in August. There's a campus news article titled "New disc golf course nearly complete". I'm pumped since my daughter goes to school there.

Here's some of the information I've gleaned.
18 holes
2 tees: Novice and Advanced

Designers: Lars Larson, Steve Bowman. Kenny Palmer

Description: The course starts on Liberty Mountain, along the edge of the East Campus intramural field.

Latest posts