• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

Reading this thread convinced me that I should try to make "milestone number" courses special ones, so last month I hit a couple of small courses for #s 498 and 499 so I could play the courses at The Lodge in northern Oklahoma for #s 500 and 501. Great courses - they did not disappoint. I even got a surprise greeting, orientation, and chat with Avery Jenkins when I got there.

Thanks for the motivation. DGCR is the only place I keep up with played courses, so I've played some that aren't listed here. But that's my "official" courses played list, in my mind.

A while back on a local facebook page a member had posted a private course facebook link with 18 tees and 2 baskets in a backyard, the picture was comical. At the moment I cant think of the course name. The only thought I had was, how well would course flow work if all 18 tees were filled with players aiming for 2 baskets. It wasn't on DGCR at the time, but if I can remember the name, I'm going to build it :D

I saw that you reviewed LCU's course and felt bad; I thought the review I wrote would have scared you off. :(

Then I noticed you also reviewed T.R. Hughes and thought maybe the problem isn't that my warnings are not clear enough, you just are not heeding them. :p

If you head out west, hit me up. I know all the terrible 9'ers you can hit off I-44. :thmbup:

I can't help myself. I blame Volunteer Park in Romeoville for my love of terrible 9 holes. Having a mediocre 9 hole for your first home course will do that to you. Your reviews are a great warning so I can brace myself accordingly.

I'll be sure to let you know if I make my way down 44. I want to get further out eventually, both to Columbia as well as Branson and everything in between.

I can't help myself. I blame Volunteer Park in Romeoville for my love of terrible 9 holes. Having a mediocre 9 hole for your first home course will do that to you. Your reviews are a great warning so I can brace myself accordingly.

I'll be sure to let you know if I make my way down 44. I want to get further out eventually, both to Columbia as well as Branson and everything in between.

Volunteer Park, oofa! :D :hfive:

I cut my teeth at Creek Ridge, so I commiserate! ;)

Reading this thread convinced me that I should try to make "milestone number" courses special ones, so last month I hit a couple of small courses for #s 498 and 499 so I could play the courses at The Lodge in northern Oklahoma for #s 500 and 501. Great courses - they did not disappoint. I even got a surprise greeting, orientation, and chat with Avery Jenkins when I got there.

Thanks for the motivation. DGCR is the only place I keep up with played courses, so I've played some that aren't listed here. But that's my "official" courses played list, in my mind.

Congratulations on 500. I am working on getting to 600 in just Texas as my next goal.

Cool that you ran into Avery when playing the Lodge. He has been working with the local club in Bartlesville on their new course going in soon. Not sure if it's going to be a DiscGolfPark or not.

I stopped chasing Dan Kilgore on number of courses played a long time ago.

Recently Dan ( Northeast Ohio) played his 2000 course.

I'm happy to hit 100!

This last weekend I hit the 400 courses mark. I've thrown 21 states, 4 countries, and made a lot of memories along the way. Not all of them were gems, but that's okay. I'd like to thank the countless reviewers for their contributions and DGCR for providing the platform in which I religiously consult before hitting the road.

Played number 200 today at Idlewild. Was not disappointed.

Crazy to think how short it's been - over 180 of those first plays were since COVID.

Over 200 in your first 3 years of playing? It took me probably ten years to get that many. Chill out a little you're making the rest of us look bad :D

Out of those 200+, there's some heavy hitters on that list. Lots of them actually. Damn impressive :clap:

Closing in on another state with 100 played. Sitting at 98 in Kansas, next day trip will be to break that 100 mark.

That will give me Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and then Kansas all with 100 courses played.

Over 200 in your first 3 years of playing? It took me probably ten years to get that many. Chill out a little you're making the rest of us look bad :D

I've had the unfair advantage of being a student--that means I have a hometown (ATL), a college town (Nashville), a summer internship "town" (CO mountains), and a visiting relatives over breaks town (Austin). Having four locales to draw on makes it a lot easier to accumulate courses quickly!

Played number 200 today at Idlewild. Was not disappointed.

Crazy to think how short it's been - over 180 of those first plays were since COVID.

Crazy impressive man, great reviews also. My 115 in 9 years looks pretty unimpressive comparatively.

Crazy impressive man, great reviews also. My 115 in 9 years looks pretty unimpressive comparatively.
There were maybe 14 courses in Missouri after I had played for three years. I remember hitting 25 courses played and thinking I'd been making the rounds. :p 100 courses played back then was a big, big deal; I only knew two guys who had played that many.

I have been away from the boards for a few years. I haven't quite played 100 courses yet, my course tracker shows 80, but there are a few private courses that aren't listed. what was interesting to me is that 8 of my played courses now show as RIP, that's 10%. the dg landscape is constantly evolving. I'm glad I got to play Fort Stelliacoom SW a few times when I did.

I got to 1,600 today at Dino Hills in Glen Rose, Texas. Good day all-around. Started at Granbury City Park. Finished at Brazos Park East.

nice, congrats!

i'd be curious to hear your thoughts on all three of those courses.