• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

so, it seems the two newest courses will be:

Whiskey Creek
and
Bonnie Brook

any others that are coming up quick?
Sounds about right to me. I believe Dan Gipe is the driving force behind Whiskey Creek.
Ted Stoebling's hoping Bonnie Brook is ready to go late this month.

— Michigan 0% 100% 220 / 219 100.5%

You HAVE PLAYED MORE COURSES THEN THE STATE HAS!
RIP'd courses?

Last edited:
Sounds about right to me. I believe Dan Gipe is the driving force behind Whiskey Creek.
Ted Stoebling's hoping Bonnie Brook is ready to go late this month.

RIP'd courses?

yeah, I don't know...

i've played like 10 rip'ed courses so i'm not sure what this is all about\

schwass and gipe and the rest of MCDGO are the driving force on whiskey creek.

All baskets in at Whiskey Creek. Still quite a bit of work but it will be worth the wait! The 24 hole layout is done. Lots of tee area work being done right now. Some clearing left to do then pour the pads and hydroseed the open fairways. There are a few pics on MCDGO facebook page

All baskets in at Whiskey Creek. Still quite a bit of work but it will be worth the wait! The 24 hole layout is done. Lots of tee area work being done right now. Some clearing left to do then pour the pads and hydroseed the open fairways. There are a few pics on MCDGO facebook page

is that near the campground between Ludington and Baldwin?

Good news for Grand Isle disc golf

The plainfield township board meeting for tomorrow night has the disc golf course on the agenda. As of aug. 11th the north rotary club has pledged to fund $18,000 over the next two years to create the disc golf course. The meeting is at 7pm at the Plainfield township offices. I was given the heads up by the parks and recs manager. I am not sure what involvement they are looking for from the community but I will be there in case they open the discussion to the community.

I will keep you posted as to what happens tomorrow.

so, wait to play or head out to play next week?

where is this course going to be? (Bonnie Brook) NVM, this must be the course that Kfrad was talking about...

also, I keep seeing reference to a course in downtown flint at Mott Park, is there a course here?

Whaaaaat? Mott Park? Crazy. I haven't heard anything about that. Used to be a golf course there so I guess anything can happen. Come strapped though....

Wowwwww. It's actually not an absolutely horrible area. The association has been keeping up on the old golf course side of the park, keeping it mowed. The river could pose some decent obstacles and there are decent areas of trees. There would probably be quite a bit of wide open shots though. And there could be potential of crossing the street into another little section of the park where the playground and stuff is. There is a bunch of area there that isn't really used, but it's also kept up on. I run by there all the time. It's part of the Crim 10 mile course. Could be interesting. There should be enough land for a solid 18 holer that isn't crammed in tight.

You can do google maps street views of the area. Good views down Nolan and Sunset for the golf course side, and down Dougherty for the Park side.

Good news for Grand Isle disc golf

The plainfield township board meeting for tomorrow night has the disc golf course on the agenda. As of aug. 11th the north rotary club has pledged to fund $18,000 over the next two years to create the disc golf course. The meeting is at 7pm at the Plainfield township offices. I was given the heads up by the parks and recs manager. I am not sure what involvement they are looking for from the community but I will be there in case they open the discussion to the community.

I will keep you posted as to what happens tomorrow.
That is awesome! Please do keep us updated.

Lake township DGC is I the process of being redesigned. I've seen the new map and it will be a big improvement. The conflicts with soccer and navigation will be corrected along with the cross crossing fairways of 15 and 16. The absurd holes running parallel to the chain link fencing will be no more. Also, the township is currently taking bids for the concrete pads that are coming.

Just thought some of you might like to know. Hopefully I will get an opportunity to play the new layout soon.

when it's installed, make sure to message Timg to "RIP" the old layout so that the new one has a chance

Finished cutting in the pro tees on labyrinth at wscc in ludington a week ago. Just need to flag them so people can play them. Same layout as am, much longer.

Added the Whiskey Creek Course to the database. I put it in as 24 holes. I thought I remembered it being 24. if it's different, message Timg