• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

Kalamazoo Air Zoo this evening...Skipped off the top of the yellow top of the Innova Discatcher on #15 (one of those short holes where you have to debate with yourself if the ace actually counts as an ace, maybe 150'?). My ace drought continues, once (2007) in the last 13 years. I did have 9 aces from 1996-2000, though...

A young person in a group I joined, however, had a nice skip ace on #7. It was beautiful.

Last edited:
Stepped up to this hole in Kearney, MO Thursday evening. It was a 205 ft short downhill shot, but it was sitting on an isthmus, with really yucky looking water either side of it.

61bb1708_m.jpg
69d8f16a_m.jpg

I debated for a moment on what to throw, and picked my beat to hell baby blue D Drone. Threw a downhill flat shot at the left edge of the isthmus and was fearing at first that it wasn't going to come back, then it started fading, perfectly towards the pin...

...and then clunked off the top rung of the face mask. :wall:

ifpjyu.jpg

Drove my Westside Tursas thru the left side of the chains on a 170' hole at Countryside YMCA earlier today. It was a neat shot becasue of the low ceiling: the disc never went more than 5' above the ground on a slight anny line. If I'd have turned it one more millimeter, it would've been my tenth ace.

My buddy and I have hit chains a few times, so now we have a running agreement that whoever hits the next ace, the other buys them a disc. Since the bet, I've come awfully close to buying a disc...

I know this is no big deal... But I got my first ALMOST ACE, Well it was a huge chain splash out, but still blew me away!
Todd Park, Austin-MN Hole#6 (313ft) up hill shot with the entire right of the fairway with 4ft tall grass.. You did not wanna go in there, I know that it eat discs for a fact.
Pulled out my Gold line Villain nice gentle hyzer, must have hit the chains too hard because it looked like 1/2 the basket blew up in clatter and it wasn't even a huge hyzer bomb, just easy goes it. Anyways first experience with anything close to an ace and it made my day!

I played my first night discing round yesterday, on a course I have played once before, the waupaca school course in WI. I really dont even know what hole it was, it was pitch black. Stepped up to a less than 250 ft hole and tossed my Eclipse Anode on a slight anny line and watched it slowly turn towards the tiny little light. By the sound, it caught tons of chains and spit out. None the less I was still super excited about it and it was especially cool for being my first glow round.

Chained out with my DX Dart this Tuesday, hole #17 at Shawnee Mission Park.

I've been throwing that disc at like every hole under 250; trying to get an ace with it so I can retire it.

Sigh... my Opto River nicked the chalns hard at #9[272'] Ann Mo doubles today---it finished 60' past and OB across the sidewalk. We birdied anyways---not like I cared at that point. :wall:

Still waitin' for my first basket ace.

Steady Eddy, why hast thou forsaken me?

Last edited:
Ran and played in a dd two disc challenge on 4th of July. Choose a renegade as it was the only dd I haven't tried and wasn't a popular choice of the other players. Came up to the last hole (12) at lake Gordon Dgc and decided to throw a nice easy flick. It's just a 210 foot hole but has a tight left ob and a 50 foot ob spillway drain that sits infront of the hole. It was also set as the Ctp hole for tourney. So I flick it down there and think as long as it doesn't turn hard that may be good. It ends up hitting the base of the number plate and popping up in the air and drops and rolls 3 foot 8 inches infront of the basket. Why do I know the distance. Because player 45 of 50 comes up and lays it up at 2 foot 9 inches. So not only did i miss my ace, I also lost Ctp. Down loss :(

Gowen #6

This one had two strikes against it, but was way fun anyway..

Playing Gowen Park in Maine. I've played seven rounds over the last three days. I have been missing on #6 pin high, but consistently left, 350' a little downhill. During my 7th rounds, after my first tee shot, I took a 2nd throw (I carry two identical QOLFs) and put a little Anny on my 2nd, RHBH. I knew that it was nice, but it nailed the basket and it dropped 1' away.

Best part was... A guy driving by in a pickup rolled down his window and yelled "Nice shot!" That was cool!

Last edited:
I was testing the Vibram r419b at my home course today. I used it off of just about every tee, including a ~250' ft, fairly open #4 (so a hole I'm usually throwing a mid on). I hit the yellow band on top of the basket... Even got it all on video! So close to recording an ace I could have shared with the DGCR world!

This is for all my missed aces. All 29,895 of them. You basterd aces you're going to know who your dad is soon.

Practicing for worlds:
Hole 14 on Jones West I hit dead center and chained out
During Worlds:
Hit the Cage on 13 at Peter Pan and rolled 45 feet away (missed the putt)

Hit metal on two different holes today. It's been almost two years since I hit my last hole in one, very frustrating.

Skip-clanked the basket on hole 4 of my home course (Woodland Mound) this week. A year ago, I could only get 3/4 of the way to the 340' basket. Now, I'm driving it all the way most of the time. Baby steps, right?

Hit the facemask on my first throw of the day yesterday. But I made up for it with an ace on 7, but it would have been nice to hit 2 in a day.

I have missed a few aces. I only have two and one of those was a Cubby Ace (I still count it as my first though).

The one that stings the most is Hole 13 at Boomer Lake in Stillwater, OK. It is a blind right hook shot and my first time playing it. I anhyzered my Leopard and we heard chains. I just assumed it was another hole but the guy that was acting as our guide for the course said that could have been mine.

Got up to the hole and took awhile to find my disc because it obviously hit *something* because based on how it went in and where it landed it had a drastic trajectory change. I have subsequently put discs right under the basket a couple times. Never aced it though.

i got my first ace today, actually.

i hated it; it's on a hole which is, according to this site, 120 feet long and also downhill. straight shot.

i was actually kinda pissed; i chained out yesterday on a much more difficult hole and nailed the basket on a 270' hole today elsewhere.

Latest posts