• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

Hudson Mills Monster Course Hole #16 350ft

Hyzer flipped my S-FD and watched it ride slightly right over the bushes and come back a touch left towards the basket, just to have it smash into the top and fall straight down hitting the cage,but it fell the wrong way and ended up rolling 15ft away. Sweet birdie though!

Just hit the pole right below the basket on 18 with my trusty Leopard for a drop in birdie. Gonna ace that one day.

Have had 5 chain outs at various courses.....two would have been tournament aces. Just goes to show how perfect the shot has to be. Not only do you have to get the height right, but it also has to hit the chains in a manner that wont allow it to spill out. Frustrating sometimes, but always gets some excitement

Last year at Mt Zion there was a short hole 8, about 180ish feet maybe less, off of a 20 foot cliff. Threw my old Roc dead straight, about a foot to the left of the basket. Now there was a young tree, which had about a 3 inch wide trunk, about 6 feet tall, right next to the basket. The disc hit the tree, hit the chains, but didn't drop. So friggin' close.

theres a short hole at my local 9 hole course, i think its about 180-200feet, first time on the hole my shot goes right through the chains for a drop in bird, second time around the SAME thing happened, disc just flew through the chains and got another drop in bird.

Second chainout in 2 weeks. I'm on a roll.

Short flat 200ft hole with guard trees in front....threw a high arcing hyzer with a Wizard around the trees and when it was halfway there I knew it might be it. Hit the chains and bounced back to the right, and was still 15' away from the basket so not even a drop in.

Still no aces but I'm getting closer I hope...

Was playing casual dubs at cedar hills. We get to hole 8 and my partner parks it, so I have to run it. I threw my "flippy" roc as hard and high as I could. My buddy goes "it's in if it doesn't stable", 2 seconds later we hear chains. Alas it did not stick and was actually 12 feet long.

I chained out weak side on a practice basket 450' by the picnic tables (and by hole 18) at Buxton this Sunday during bag tags. Birdied hole 18 too...

I would have been so stoked. Even though it'd be a black ace.

Tonight while playing some quick holes I hit the basket on this short hole at the local course by my house. It's the third time I've hit metal this year. I feel like I am close but want to hit it with my friends so I can win our ace pot we have had running for a couple of years now.

Man, sad freaking story. It was a calm day and I had been on all afternoon. I kept thinking, " this is your ace day!". Alas, it wasn't quite what I imagined.

I was negative 17 going into hole 18 at the hardest course on the planet(that's the name, not an exaggeration). Hitting chains on every hole was satisfying but I just wanted one to stick. In my rush through the course I had left grown men crying from my awesomeness. Then I was at hole 18.

This is the signature hole. It's a wide open, 150ft, beast of a hole. That's when I pulled out my stiletto. I just knew I was going to sink this. I reached down and pulled out a chunk of earth the size of my fist to check the wind. The dirt fell through my fingers and straight to the earth. Perfect.

Time to throw. I go through my prethrow routine which includes but is not limited to 57 practice throws with a towel. I was primed and ready to go. X-step, pull through, snap(my fingers bled from the snap so much that I covered the crowd of spectators) and off goes my disc. The brand new stiletto hyzer flipped and hit the basket so hard that it came out of the ground. Guess what, the freaking disc rolls out.

Moral of this story, drugs are bad. M'kay

played sky high in wrightwood this weekend, hole 16 had an awesome RHBH drive that dove between the trees and skipped off the top of the basket and shot out about 15 feet from it... hole is about 300 feet i believe.

Nearly had my first Beaver ace....dead straight, just right of the pole....and right through the chains.

Not too many people with Daredevil aces, I'd assume.

Not me - and not a true ace - but did anyone watch the live smashbox today? 284' hole, McBeast, Climo, Rico, Uli emptying their bags trying to ace for $500. Nobody put one in but so many metal hits and close calls. It was really cool to watch.

...This is the signature hole. It's a wide open, 150ft, beast of a hole. That's when I pulled out my stiletto. I just knew I was going to sink this. I reached down and pulled out a chunk of earth the size of my fist to check the wind. The dirt fell through my fingers and straight to the earth. Perfect.

Time to throw. I go through my prethrow routine which includes but is not limited to 57 practice throws with a towel. I was primed and ready to go. X-step, pull through, snap(my fingers bled from the snap so much that I covered the crowd of spectators) and off goes my disc. The brand new stiletto hyzer flipped and hit the basket so hard that it came out of the ground. Guess what, the freaking disc rolls out...

hahaha :clap:

Not sure how many Calgary folks are regular here. Rattled a couple chains on hole 5 at Baker on Sat. Weird hole, probably around 180' but in a copse of trees with a tight, 5-6' foot path/window/fairway. Basket is off to the left of the path out of sight. Only way to get to it in the air is to turn something stable up flat so it fades back out after it leaves the path, but the overhang prevents something too slow. Popped a Roc3 up just under the smattering of overhanging branches on a baby S line, finishing just down into the area. My buddy was standing to the left of the tee with a line on the basket so I turned to him immediately as the disc faded into the pocket, out of my sight. He jumped up and let out an 'OOoooh', but alas, it was too thin to stay. Was still exciting though.

Thank you. I was a bit bored lol. I hit pan today on hole 20 at bicentennial. Big sweeping hyzer with a t-bird on the 300' hole. Pretty exciting but upsetting at the same time.

2 missed aces today! Playing with Stan McDaniel at the Plantation Ruins. First round, hole 13, I nutted the fairway, straight in the middle of the chains and kicked back out. Second round, hole 6, same thing. Dead middle chains and kicked back out the front! I hate those baskets!

7eb5ae2e.jpg

Played the 3 man throw down for MS today at silver lake park and on the hole pictured above hole 15 one of my teammates was short the other was long. I start to throw the safe putter shot just trying to park it and then decide wheres the fun in that and pull out a suspect. Throw it perfect just to the right of the basket so that it will fade in a bit. As it gets close to the basket everyone on my card starts getting excited, and then it hooks up and fades straight into the chains. Then instead of sticking it goes straight through and falls out the other side. Worst part is I didn't even get the CTP cuz someone was parked under the basket. Still waiting on that first ace with witnesses :thmbdown:

Practice Ace

OK, so it's not really an ace...

But on my 2nd throw of the day at the Liberty Christian Fellowship practice area my disc nailed the chains and stuck.

It was a DX Aviar P & A that I'm working on beating in to a smooth turnover disc. The throw was right around 200'. The disc is still stable and I threw it just right of the basket hoping that it would still fade a little left (RHBH) at the end... and it did.

These are fun, regardless of whether they "count" or not. :D

I also nailed the top of the other basket on a big hyzer with Star Aviar Driver mold from about 225'. :)

Hit my first ace* in 8 years tonight. Oh look it has an * by it. I wonder why. Oh that's because I made the first mando only to miss the second tree mando by a few inches as my brand new felon skipped nicely up into the basket. Oh this one was brutal. Another almost. One day this will end. I still blame my friend. He's played for 12 years like me and still hasn't hit. I told him I have been curse by him. I won't be able to hit one until he does apparently.
For any confusion. Yes. It did go in. Just didn't count.

Latest posts