• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More ironic disc finds

I just recently found a champ beast I threw in on one of the many water holes on my local course from 3yrs ago. I found it about a mile downstream from the course with marker over my name and #.
Last summer I had my green flx buzz stolen from me on a blind hole. The next day Im playing another course and find a green flx buzz with the same color stamp as well but it was lighter and had someone elses name on it. That was just like a slap in a face.
Last spring with snow still on the ground some casuals throw ther disc onto my fairway half buried. Between us theres a lil 4ft wide creek but its flowing real good and muddy and I ask if they want it, dumbass me I underthrow it and it goes into the water...they cant see it. I dont even apologize and walk away like a jackass. The next day I see it in the creek now that it cleared up and pull it out and what do you know, it was an old dx beast of mine with my name/# on the back.

A couple years ago, on hole 12 Charlie Vettiner I had thrown a tie-dye Champ Stingray that was eaten by a cedar halfway down the fairway. Fast forward a week, my brother and I were on the same hole and I was regaling him about the Stingray. Without breaking stride down the fairway, he reaches up and grabs the Stingray out of the tree and says "This one?"

I wouldn't call it a disc find, but it was ironic. Had a dark red viper, tee off with it and I as I walk up to it I nearly step on a small garter snake. Now, I know it's no viper, but he sure was putting on his best act.

Friend of mine lost his Halo on hole #8 at Parma down the hill off to the left of the fairway. We looked for probably 20 minutes when he finnally just said "%*@# it, lets keep going" we finish our round and then like 3 hours later he gets a phone call from a guy that found it on hole #1 at Sweden town park (its about 10 miles away). He sends me a text telling me this and then says "man, I didn't think I threw it that far!"

This isn't the first time people I've known or I have lost a disc at one course and its been found on another. Lamesauce.

So today, I go out wading for my roommates beat to hell orange Pro-D hawk (double stamp) that he lost yesterday in the lake, I see an orange glow... as it turns out I find a 9.5/10 Star xcaliber. No number... :D good trade? i think so

Why do you all correct each others typos and spelling errors so much? Obviously you figured out what they were trying to say or you couldn't correct it. Just ignore it and move on please?

Because, when people do not take the time to spell or punctuate correctly, it leads to confusion.

Take your above post. Since you ended your last sentence with a question mark, my answer is 'no'. :p

My son swamped his dark blue Champ 175 Beast only to find a light blue Champ 172 Beast the same day at a different course.

My disc rolled down a hill into a little ditch. When I reached in and grabbed my disc I pulled out 2. Mine and a nice gummy Stingray.

I found a red Innova gremlin in a short tree a few years back, a few months later I found another red Innova gremlin in the same tree

Ahh... the rare gremlin tree! I've heard of them but have never come across one in the wild, I continually try to grow one in my back yard, but the discs that it produces are all shriveled and misshapen.

A few years back, on a very busy day on my home course, i threw a white 175 dx wraith with a green stamp, and it landed near where a guy on a different hole had thrown his disc. I walk up to the disc, throw my upshot, and toss the disc in my bag quickly to get out of his way. A few holes later, i grab the wraith out of my bag, and when i look at it, its a different white 175 dk wraith, this one had a purple stamp, but it was laying upside down when i picked it up so i didnt notice. i guess we were both throwing the same disc and neither of us noticed that we had gotten each others discs. This was before i started inking anything.

Friend of mine lost his Halo on hole #8 at Parma down the hill off to the left of the fairway. We looked for probably 20 minutes when he finnally just said "%*@# it, lets keep going" we finish our round and then like 3 hours later he gets a phone call from a guy that found it on hole #1 at Sweden town park (its about 10 miles away). He sends me a text telling me this and then says "man, I didn't think I threw it that far!"

This isn't the first time people I've known or I have lost a disc at one course and its been found on another. Lamesauce.

but in the same day? that's insane

I found a disc in the middle of the fairway at Seymour Smith, the busiest course in Omaha. I knew the disc was just left accidentally (it was a bright orange and easily spotted) and not lost, and likely left within the past 15 minutes (otherwise it would have been picked up by someone else). I called the guy and said I found his orange Sidewinder.

He says, "OH! Well, I'm at Seymour right now."

Confused, I say, "Yeah, so am I. That's where I found it."

He reacted like this was a HUGE coincidence. Seriously, who doesn't remember a disc they threw 5 minutes ago? I met him a few holes ahead and returned his disc. It turned out to be a guy I see all the time, who I nicknamed The Grunter because of his Monica Seles impersonation when he tees off.

Unsurprisingly, he was high.

I lost a green Champ Valk in some bushes, about 2 years ago . I got a call a few months ago from a guy that said he found the disc on another course 15 miles away. I told him I lost that disc 2 years ago. He then said, "Oh really" and he hung up on me. His number was blocked , so I coudn't call him back. I don't care, that disc was green, and it had been lost twice, so I am sure it will be lost again.

That disc was the reason I don't throw green discs anymore.

I take this story from my friend with a grain of salt, but if it was true, it is told well by him:

He was out throwing, not having the best of days, and ends up shanking a drive deep into the forest at Bryant Lake. A week later he gets a call from a guy in his early 20s who says he had found the disc.

"Cool, that's awesome of you. How would you like to work this out so I can get it back?"

"Oh. I didn't call to give it back to you. I just wanted you to know that I have it and that I am going to be throwing it myself."

At which point the phone hangs up. Now, this guy's number comes up restricted, and my friend who can be almost an equal db when it comes to being insulted, calls the phone company asking for that number. Naturally the phone company is not going to give out a restricted number but was willing to redial it for him, connecting him to that guy.

Instead of that guy answering, a very hot-sound girl answers. As calmly as he can, because my friend believes he can charm any woman, tells the girl the whole story. As this story goes, she feels bad for my friend and makes a deal with him that until her boyfriend returns the disc she is going to cut-him-off in the bedroom.

A few days later my friend gets another phone call, this time from a different girl. She was out playing a round at Bassett Creek and found his disc hanging in a tree. It had a hole punctured through the lid so it could hang from a branch. Thinking this was good karma, that a girl who plays DG had called him, he agrees to meet up with her and get the disc back despite its trashed condition. It turns out that this girl was not a looker (again according to him and with a grain of salt), he played one friendly round with her, thanked her for calling about his disc, and now uses this story every time he needs to decide whether to spend more time looking for a lost disc or not.

Man, that is a wild story. I can't stand the asses that hid their number and call just to say, "Hey, I found your disc and now I am going to throw it".

A couple of years ago I flipped a champ beast into a small valley filled with brush.. I walk into some of it and almost immediately find a dx beast and another champ beast. It took about 30 minutes to find mine.

I was throwing over a decently long water hole at Johnson Road park, slipped off the teepad and threw my favorite beat green 11x eagle straight in the water. Feeling way discouraged I up and left the park. Later in the week I go back to the park. I toss and am walking by the lake only to find another orange 11x eagle sitting in the water in much better shape than mine was. Unmarked :thmbup:

back some years ago i lived in walla walla, wa. we had 1 course to play, and an old pro that would sell discs out of his car on weekends (cash only), or good faith you'd see next saturday and repay him from whatever you grabbed. any treat out of town was rewarding of a disc in a pro shop in and of itself and the closest shop was an hour away in tri-cities. an old fisherman shop along the river that sold beer, worms, and discs. it was my first time into a real store that had discs. a place where the discs weren't limited into disorganized tubs of discolored anarchy.

i bought my second disc ever (first was a pro-wraith, and a dx avair from gijoes). a star valkerie. well, second throw of the day with a new disc goes straight into a tiny water ravine. 4 humans, 2 dogs, 20 minutes none of us could find a thing. i called off the search and really felt like a bowling ball had hit the bottom of my stomach (first disc lost...if i only had known...)

1 year, 10 months later i get a call from that same pro shop. "hey, someone turned in your disc. star valkerie? come pick it up". i picked it up post-haste to find some guy had found my disc, used it, aced it, signed it on the top, then put HIS number on the top as-well. i've used that disc over the past 2 years as my straightest, and almost furthest flying driver.

last december i lost it again. told my friends that it's not disc golf unless your willing to walk away from your favorite disc after 7 minutes of looking, a personal rule. it hurt. i've walked away from so many before, but it was tough walking away from the best for a second time.

1 month later it found it's way back into my hands. dick heads number on the top of the disc (seriously, who puts their number on the top), mine on the bottom. i've lost 15+ discs in the last 4 years, literally one that has been returned to me. twice.

Latest posts