• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Aces per Disc Type

Which type of disc do you have the most Aces with?

• Distance Driver

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Control/Fairway Driver

Votes: 43 21.3%
  • Midrange

Votes: 69 34.2%
  • Putter

Votes: 61 30.2%

• Total voters
My one and only was with a Champion Mamba (distance driver). Cass-Benton hole 10.

I think a more interesting poll would have asked the length of the hole most aces were made on.

I encourage you to make that poll, it sounds like a good idea. I would, but I've already started two threads today.

Mako
Cro
Roadrunner
Buzzz
Thunderbird

Don't worry, I threw that Buzzz in a lake.

PUTTERS
Legacy legend Clozer
Vibram Ridge
MIDS
Legacy icon Gauge 4x
Discraft Comet
Innova dx Gator
DRIVERS
Legacy icon Rival
Innova champ Firebird 2x
Innova champ Wraith
Innova star Destroyer
Innova champ Teebird
Innova champ Dominator

Drivers edge mids but I feel my mids have the best intentions of going in.

I said midrange cuz I have a few Buzzz "field aces," but I was looking for another response. It would have read something like: "woe is me, I am yet to hit chains from the tee" :\:thmbdown:

I said midrange cuz I have a few Buzzz "field aces," but I was looking for another response. It would have read something like: "woe is me, I am yet to hit chains from the tee" :\:thmbdown:

Nice poem, I am the same way, also with my buzzz.

Yeah it's similar idea. Not exact. But interesting. Seeing a 450' destroyer ace is really something.

Nine aces, 3 black aces. All short holes though, less then 300 ft. Many many splash outs, some more then 300 ft that i wish had stuck. All aces in rounds, ive never hit one by myself.

3 nova aces. Two straight air shots, one skip ace. Two on the same disc.

2 mako aces. S/s and s/l same hole

1 pig ace. Skip

1 brinster teebird ace. Spike hyzer.

Dx roc ace. My longest. Like 264 i think it was.

Firebird skip ace.

1 fairway driver - teebird valley, hole 9
1 mid ace - comet, valley, hole 12
6 putter aces - 1 opto pure, ( garlough #7) 1 summit (kenwood 10? Short and downhill) 1 soft proton anode (oakwood 12, my proudest ace), 3 polecats

I've chained out with comets several times though.

Last edited:
Interesting question. For me, it'd definitely mids.
2 DD
2 CD
19 midrange
2 putters

50/50 for me. I have had one with a DX Roc, and one with a RDG FF Wizard. I voted putter because I have had many "field aces" with my Wizards as well. Or just really lucky approach shots.

Midranges lead the way for me with 9 (3 on one Buzzz, 3 on two Fuses, 1 each on a Comet, a Cobra and a Tensor), then come Putters with 6 (3 on different Soft Banger GT's 1 on an Aviar, 1 on a Pure, and 1 on a Roach, in the 2015 Ace Race), then 2 with drivers, on two different Terns.
That's ten molds from four different manufacturers... another interesting quirk, I suppose?

putters:
nova
aero
rhyno

mids:
warrior x2

drivers:
d3
firebird
thunderbird

Let's see, an Eagle 2-3 times, a Banshee, Ion, Core, and a Sidewinder I think.