• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

for fun i looked up my location. just a measly 235 and ive played 148 of them.

I also looked up 150 miles from sears tower... 524 courses within 150 miles.

Doesn't surprise me. I've played a ton of sh!tty niners around here.

150 miles from the Chicago loop as the crow flies gets you well across Lake Michigan and the circle includes a bunch of Western MI, NW Indiana, and Southern WI.

I'm slowly working my way through all those s***** 9er's down there lol. There are some good ones mixed in at least. The Canyons is one of my favorites.

I got a trip lined up to play a couple good courses and some crappy 9's up in my neck of the woods in a couple weeks.

Last year we were teeing the 18th hole at Dabney in Portland and noticed a bunch of people grouped in the parking lot. Got to the basket and found it was a PPD SWAT team training exercise. :|

Needless to say, there was no post-round aperitif---we quietly got in our cars and left. :eek:

On my course bagging trips, unless there are a lot of people around, I park so I can't be blocked in by just one vehicle, sideways in two spots, if I have to.
So on one rare occasion my wife was with me, I tell her about this as I'm parking. She is staying in the car and says ... OK.
I get back and she said a car pulled up beside her (she's freaking a little bit), its a dude trying to deliver a pizza to this adult education school, late on a Sunday afternoon!
Yea, she was real happy with me!! :D

I'm slowly working my way through all those s***** 9er's down there lol. There are some good ones mixed in at least. The Canyons is one of my favorites.

I got a trip lined up to play a couple good courses and some crappy 9's up in my neck of the woods in a couple weeks.

I don't want to give the wrong impression. The overall quality of the Chicago area courses has gone up a ton since I started playing.

When I started playing though, there were a cluster of good courses in the Joliet area. Most of the rest of the suburban courses were designed by a particular designer whose work I'm not too fond of. In their defense, many of those parks wouldn't have yielded a decent course even with Houck at the helm (basically no interesting terrain to work with and very limited space). Safety issues abound though and some of those parks just don't have room for 9 holes.

Back then, I was happy for any new course going in. I've gotten a bit more selective over time, but I'll play anything once.

just took a vacation and returned pounded out the se minnesota area

most of the courses sucked however i did squeeze in some from my beautiful neighbor wisconsin and justin trails was awesome and completely kicked my ass

bb was a quality course (however they made my partner pay for just tagging along) and classic just seemed pale in comparison

saw some awesome bluffs and did some hiking at state parks that was great scenery and actually had elevation which is minimal here in mn

48 courses left in mn to play

im shooting to complete them by winter

I figured you'd like Justin Trails. Only 48 left is impressive. I still got about 100 in WI to go. Got 16 planned in 2 weeks. Did you play that Troll something park with the goofy baskets?

I figured you'd like Justin Trails. Only 48 left is impressive. I still got about 100 in WI to go. Got 16 planned in 2 weeks. Did you play that Troll something park with the goofy baskets?

i played that one before this trip

terrible

in reality im not sure if its impressive or disgusting how much time/money has been wasted on playing some of these 9 or 7 or 3 or 4 holers

100 in wi is more impressive to me yall are bigger and have way moar courses very nice work how many trips left is it until you are going to have bagged them all do you think

I love doing it, but yeah I've wasted so much money driving around playing these random courses.

I still have Superior, and basically the northeast and southwest part of WI. New ones keep popping up but I got most of the rest.

I love doing it, but yeah I've wasted so much money driving around playing these random courses.

I still have Superior, and basically the northeast and southwest part of WI. New ones keep popping up but I got most of the rest.

youve played mont du lac before right

yeah new ones keep popping up around here too we just got a solid one in mn its probably 3.5/5 ish which is in monticello and close to becker and clearwater

the course is called montissippi im not sure if you played it on your trip around my neck of the woods they just installed the baskets like a week or two ago

youve played mont du lac before right

yeah new ones keep popping up around here too we just got a solid one in mn its probably 3.5/5 ish which is in monticello and close to becker and clearwater

the course is called montissippi im not sure if you played it on your trip around my neck of the woods they just installed the baskets like a week or two ago

Nope, I've never played Mont Du Lac yet. Either this fall or next year. I didn't play that montissippi this time. I saved enough courses over by St. Cloud so that I can swing by again and have new ones.

Nope, I've never played Mont Du Lac yet. Either this fall or next year. I didn't play that montissippi this time. I saved enough courses over by St. Cloud so that I can swing by again and have new ones.

mont du lac is dope one of my favorite clusters of courses and towards duluff and more north and its absolutely beautiful scenery

a pitch and putt just opened at milk and cider brewery in stc

sorry its milk and honey which is a cider brewery

I know, I really need to get up there. I've been going out of state so much the last 3 years that I haven't got around to it. Next year I'll get it and everything in Duluth and Giant's Ridge too. Harmony Bends in a week and a bunch of MO and some IL golf. 15 or so WI courses in 2 weeks.

That's a great question. I can't say without having played Mont du lac. That's gotta be up there.

How about the other two? One of them is pretty new isn't it? I thought there used to be a really short 9 hole one for a few years too.

How about the other two? One of them is pretty new isn't it? I thought there used to be a really short 9 hole one for a few years too.

meadows is alright decent addition and nice mix but somewhat easy speaking relatively

eagles peak is good enough but moar open and bomber style

the 9 hole ace run was there but was uninstalled or something

The land of crappy 9's....LoL. I'm almost to 100 in IL, and it's almost exclusively in that area, and I'm not even close to clearing it out.

just took a vacation and returned pounded out the se minnesota area

most of the courses sucked however i did squeeze in some from my beautiful neighbor wisconsin and justin trails was awesome and completely kicked my ass

bb was a quality course (however they made my partner pay for just tagging along) and classic just seemed pale in comparison

saw some awesome bluffs and did some hiking at state parks that was great scenery and actually had elevation which is minimal here in mn

Next time, go play Veterans Hill in Viroqua....really good course not far away.

whats wisconsins true top 10

Man, that's a great question. Rollin' Ridge can't manage to drain water anymore, so it's sliding down my chart. I'll take a crack at this, and I also haven't played Mont du Lac, haven't been to Wilderness since they decimated it, and haven't been to Highbridge since Mountain Man took over...so this is only on my experience.

1. Highbridge Blueberry
2. Highbridge Gold
3. Justin Trails Big Brother
4. Rollin' Ridge (when it's dry)
5. Wilderness (pre-destruction)
6. Silver Fox (I love this course more than some)
7. Stoney Creek
8. Highbridge Granite Ridge
9. Highbridge Bear
10. Zobel Park (when everything is in the longs)

Honorable mention to Standing Rocks, Big Eau Plaine, Silver Creek, Brown Deer, Winter Park (have heard it's not really kept up anymore, but used to be in my top 5), Sandy Point.

It's a tough list to put together, honestly. It could be drastically different tomorrow.