• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

I know, I really need to get up there. I've been going out of state so much the last 3 years that I haven't got around to it. Next year I'll get it and everything in Duluth and Giant's Ridge too. Harmony Bends in a week and a bunch of MO and some IL golf. 15 or so WI courses in 2 weeks.

I've heard Harmony is still underwater.

How many do you have in WI now?

haven't been to Wilderness since they decimated it

what the heck did they do to Wilderness and when? :( I was there last summer and the course was in incredible shape.

in my small Wisco course sampling
1. Rollin Ridge
2. Wilderness
3. Zobel
4. Drezka
nothing else i've played scores above a 3.75 to me, so i'll stop there.

high on the to bag list. Winter Park, Silver Creek, Hiestand, O'hauser, Stoney creek, Sandy Knoll and Brown Deer. Had the whole covid thing not happened, i'd probable be up there now.

what the heck did they do to Wilderness and when? :( I was there last summer and the course was in incredible shape.

in my small Wisco course sampling
1. Rollin Ridge
2. Wilderness
3. Zobel
4. Drezka
nothing else i've played scores above a 3.75 to me, so i'll stop there.

high on the to bag list. Winter Park, Silver Creek, Hiestand, O'hauser, Stoney creek, Sandy Knoll and Brown Deer. Had the whole covid thing not happened, i'd probable be up there now.

From what I've been told, they cleared out a lot of trees. I've been hesitant to go play it...I'll have to go sometime soon and see it for myself. It happened this spring.

From what I've been told, they cleared out a lot of trees. I've been hesitant to go play it...I'll have to go sometime soon and see it for myself. It happened this spring.

Noooooo :(

Wilderness was my favorite wooded course that I've played. And that's coming from a guy who lives 10 minutes from The Fort in Ogden.

At Highbridge, Woodland Greens and Granite Ridge are currently and will continue to be the same layouts over the next few years with the primary improvement being tee signage. Highbridge Gold, The Bear and Blueberry Hills are in transition with various combinations of hole tweaks and layout changes partly due to shifting the campground to the hill near the west end of the Gold course (just got potable water confirmed yesterday). Plus, baskets will either be improved or another set added along with better signage. All this to simply say that your remembered preferences or what you play today (all five courses currently playable) may change once the improvements are completed.

I've heard Harmony is still underwater.

How many do you have in WI now?

Literally just got my ass kicked at Harmony. It's only wet in a few spots on the back half. And not even that bad. Headed to Indian Foothills now.

I think I'm at 247 in WI. Headed over to Rice Lake area next week to take out about 15 more, mostly 9's. Heartwood and Tjader to hopefully. I'm shocked neither of us have been to Mont du lac.

The land of crappy 9's....LoL. I'm almost to 100 in IL, and it's almost exclusively in that area, and I'm not even close to clearing it out.

Next time, go play Veterans Hill in Viroqua....really good course not far away.

Man, that's a great question. Rollin' Ridge can't manage to drain water anymore, so it's sliding down my chart. I'll take a crack at this, and I also haven't played Mont du Lac, haven't been to Wilderness since they decimated it, and haven't been to Highbridge since Mountain Man took over...so this is only on my experience.

1. Highbridge Blueberry
2. Highbridge Gold
3. Justin Trails Big Brother
4. Rollin' Ridge (when it's dry)
5. Wilderness (pre-destruction)
6. Silver Fox (I love this course more than some)
7. Stoney Creek
8. Highbridge Granite Ridge
9. Highbridge Bear
10. Zobel Park (when everything is in the longs)

Honorable mention to Standing Rocks, Big Eau Plaine, Silver Creek, Brown Deer, Winter Park (have heard it's not really kept up anymore, but used to be in my top 5), Sandy Point.

It's a tough list to put together, honestly. It could be drastically different tomorrow.

thats for the viroqua tip off i will be back around ish that area at some point

i had no clue about all those course conditions super helpful post

i so badly want to claim the lac as mn and forget sometimes that its wi

it seems like most anytime ppl say their wi i have played about half of them already and some common repeats

are any of those "home" courses for you

Literally just got my ass kicked at Harmony. It's only wet in a few spots on the back half. And not even that bad. Headed to Indian Foothills now.

I think I'm at 247 in WI. Headed over to Rice Lake area next week to take out about 15 more, mostly 9's. Heartwood and Tjader to hopefully. I'm shocked neither of us have been to Mont du lac.

im waiting to hit up tjader once that second course is installed

Viroqua was the "Veteran something" I think I called it, elmex. Veteran hills. Awesome course not far from Justin Trails. Couldn't remember what it was called.

If you're ever over by BEP or Standing Rocks Stardoggy, feel free to hit me up. Those are right in my neck of the woods. BEP is my favorite local course.

Sucks to hear about Wilderness. That's been on the day trip hit list for a while. Sounds like I missed my chance to play it at its best.

Viroqua was the "Veteran something" I think I called it, elmex. Veteran hills. Awesome course not far from Justin Trails. Couldn't remember what it was called.

If you're ever over by BEP or Standing Rocks Stardoggy, feel free to hit me up. Those are right in my neck of the woods. BEP is my favorite local course.

i must have forgot now i feel like a jack a for forgetting i could have easily played it

course baggers regret

looks like another road trip is in order

I think that's the course with pin placements in some fields with wild parsnip. Unless they have summer pin placements away from the parsnip or have eliminated it, would suggest being very careful to wear clothing to avoid skin contact.

I think that's the course with pin placements in some fields with wild parsnip. Unless they have summer pin placements away from the parsnip or have eliminated it, would suggest being very careful to wear clothing to avoid skin contact.

It was very raw when I played it. I think it was shortly after it was put in. The rough was definitely rough. Great course though.

Did you pick up Simon's disc from the other side of the creek on #13 when you were there?

He did a decent video from there when he and Casey played it recently. Several holes were skipped, so not his usual product.

Yeah I watched that. Wish it was longer. I did not find his disc but donated one of my own on 18. That course is exhausting. I loved it though.

At Highbridge, Woodland Greens and Granite Ridge are currently and will continue to be the same layouts over the next few years with the primary improvement being tee signage. Highbridge Gold, The Bear and Blueberry Hills are in transition with various combinations of hole tweaks and layout changes partly due to shifting the campground to the hill near the west end of the Gold course (just got potable water confirmed yesterday). Plus, baskets will either be improved or another set added along with better signage. All this to simply say that your remembered preferences or what you play today (all five courses currently playable) may change once the improvements are completed.

Fully expect this. Can't wait to get back up there!

Nice...I may need to do that as a quick weekend road trip now.

I'm at 266 in WI...and yeah, MDL has been a thorn in my side for years. LoL.

thats for the viroqua tip off i will be back around ish that area at some point

i had no clue about all those course conditions super helpful post

i so badly want to claim the lac as mn and forget sometimes that its wi

it seems like most anytime ppl say their wi i have played about half of them already and some common repeats

are any of those "home" courses for you

I live about 35 mins from Rollin' Ridge in one direction, and about 30 to Stoney Creek in the other.

Will do! I've been wanting to get back to BEP, but it's SO damn out there in the boonies!

I'm actually at 258 in WI, hoping to add 15 or so next weekend. Yeah BEP is even 40 minutes from me but I love that place. They got concrete tees on all 3 sets of pads for like 3 or 4 holes now too. Don't know when the rest will go in but it's a start.

I'm actually at 258 in WI, hoping to add 15 or so next weekend. Yeah BEP is even 40 minutes from me but I love that place. They got concrete tees on all 3 sets of pads for like 3 or 4 holes now too. Don't know when the rest will go in but it's a start.

Honestly, I've never minded the rubber pads up in that area. As long as they're graded well, rubber tees are pretty good, IMO.

And damn you for getting out in front of me in WI this weekend. I may need to get out and bag now!

Is this thread for current most played courses in a state or most courses ever played in a state?

this upcoming weekend I am going to try and play 5-8 new courses in California.

I still think I have the most courses played in these states:

California
Arizona
Nevada

Honestly, I've never minded the rubber pads up in that area. As long as they're graded well, rubber tees are pretty good, IMO.

And damn you for getting out in front of me in WI this weekend. I may need to get out and bag now!

BEP's rubber pads are fine. Standing Rocks suck when it's dry out.

I hope to play Tjader and the 2 in Heartwood. The rest are going to be meh, but it'll be a good amount to the total. I plan to hit the Tower Ridge courses on the way back. I guess Tower I got a little redesign a couple years ago.