• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

Most played in MN

Looks like you missed one,
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
sunshay has 312 in MN
Diskobolos has 310
erickmj has 299
slorunr has 298

Minnesota is such a course bagging hotbed. 400 played won't even get into the state's top ten, or 700 into the top five (Just imagine if Martin & coolbrees15 hadn't moved, that would make six players at over 1100 in one state).

I've been trying for a while to play every course in MN. Outside of a few scattered private courses all I have left are the extreme southwest & northwest corners of the state. The plan was to to hit Rollin Ridge for #600 in early spring & then try to finish the rest of MN this summer / fall. Gonna have to adjust that timeline. So much for plans...:confused:

my bad!

y'all definitely have some dedicated baggers up there. it's pretty impressive but you do have the advantage of what is probably the highest course density

After reading this all I can say is that at one time like 4-5 years ago I Road warriored so hard that I had Nevada, California, Arizona at a hundred percent complete and was working on Oregon when to many more courses popped up and I had to take a back seat to bagging the Southwest. Now I try to get 50-100 new a year by doing 2-4 trips a year. Currently I think I've logged 49-50 new ones this year so it's looking like a good year.

Looks like you missed one,

Minnesota is such a course bagging hotbed. 400 played won't even get into the state's top ten, or 700 into the top five (Just imagine if Martin & coolbrees15 hadn't moved, that would make six players at over 1100 in one state).

I've been trying for a while to play every course in MN. Outside of a few scattered private courses all I have left are the extreme southwest & northwest corners of the state. The plan was to to hit Rollin Ridge for #600 in early spring & then try to finish the rest of MN this summer / fall. Gonna have to adjust that timeline. So much for plans...:confused:

what is your trick to baggin so many around mn

i think i have another year or two left before i am getting close to your numbers but by then well have 50 new courses to play (hopefully)

No Trick

Originally Posted by elmexdela
what is your trick to baggin so many around mn

Persistence mostly. Honestly the hardest part is prioritizing far flung 9 holers in MN instead of playing new courses elsewhere (WI or IA).

Otherwise just things that are common to all hardcore course baggers. I will spend a Saturday & go play 10+ courses, meticulously plan a route to minimize wasted time, leave before dawn, load up the car with supplies (food, drinks, clothes, shoes, rain gear, ect.).

Also every summer my extended family gets together in Grand Rapids for a long weekend of ball golf & fishing. That has helped a lot in getting to those courses way up north.

I see you are the only person that has played the course at Camp Ripley. Will they let civilians in to play or do you have to be military?

Originally Posted by elmexdela

Persistence mostly. Honestly the hardest part is prioritizing far flung 9 holers in MN instead of playing new courses elsewhere (WI or IA).

Otherwise just things that are common to all hardcore course baggers. I will spend a Saturday & go play 10+ courses, meticulously plan a route to minimize wasted time, leave before dawn, load up the car with supplies (food, drinks, clothes, shoes, rain gear, ect.).

Also every summer my extended family gets together in Grand Rapids for a long weekend of ball golf & fishing. That has helped a lot in getting to those courses way up north.

I see you are the only person that has played the course at Camp Ripley. Will they let civilians in to play or do you have to be military?

i know i look up at roseau and grimace

makes sense thank you

oh thats funny i didnt realize i was the only one to play it on here

civilians welcome you show your drivers license/id to the gate attendant they run your name (and anyone youre with) and stuff since its the military and picky who they are lettin onto the base ask the attendant for directions and theyll hook you up with a map

i parked next to a bunch of cargo jeeps just off the road which was kinda funny

it was mostly a forgettable dg but the experience of being on a military base or camp or whatever was the most interesting

The Carolinas are tightening up. Seen some big moves of late.

400 courses can be achieved without ever going more than 150 miles from Minneapolis.

for fun i looked up my location. just a measly 235 and ive played 148 of them.

I also looked up 150 miles from sears tower... 524 courses within 150 miles.

it was mostly a forgettable dg but the experience of being on a military base or camp or whatever was the most interesting

Reminds me of a course bagging incident. Parked in an empty parking lot at a course (not at a base), played a quick nine holes and came back to find the National Guard was mustering for a big weekend training exercise. The entire parking lot was filled with giant vehicles and huge equipment on trailers. Except for one car-width path starting at my car and leading to the exit.

Reminds me of a course bagging incident. Parked in an empty parking lot at a course (not at a base), played a quick nine holes and came back to find the National Guard was mustering for a big weekend training exercise. The entire parking lot was filled with giant vehicles and huge equipment on trailers. Except for one car-width path starting at my car and leading to the exit.

thats hilarious

oops

for fun i looked up my location. just a measly 235 and ive played 148 of them.

I also looked up 150 miles from sears tower... 524 courses within 150 miles.

Measly 235, I wish!

Only 95 within 150 miles of my zip code near New Orleans. It's a disc golf desert around here.

About 250 from central Maryland

There's always new courses popping up. That's a good thing though, more for me to play.

Reminds me of a course bagging incident. Parked in an empty parking lot at a course (not at a base), played a quick nine holes and came back to find the National Guard was mustering for a big weekend training exercise......

Last year we were teeing the 18th hole at Dabney in Portland and noticed a bunch of people grouped in the parking lot. Got to the basket and found it was a PPD SWAT team training exercise. :|

Needless to say, there was no post-round aperitif---we quietly got in our cars and left. :eek:

Latest posts