• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Exhausting Courses....

Just played Whistler's Bend http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2002 for the first time this weekend over three day camping trip. Granted it was really hot (85 - 100 F), but after two rounds here I found myself completely wiped. Playing a late round in the afternoon was a real challenge and affected my game immensely.

My home courses are no where near as hilly as WB, but I've played some three round days (in similar heat) and haven't been anywhere near as drained. The one thing about WB is that it always seems you're walking uphill, which makes it the awesome course that it is.

So what are the most exhausting courses to get around in terms of the hike?

Don't play Willamette Pass then. I didn't feel the least bit exhausted after 2 rounds at whistlers but after 1 round at willamette pass I was done for the day...(though it hasn't ever been that hot when I played whistlers)

I'm sure most ski slope courses are like that though. My experience with them is limited to just willamette pass.

I didn't read a majority of this long thread...but I noticed the guy above me posted about 100' elevation change...willamette pass is over 1500' elevation change...it really doesn't compare. Though I'm sure there are other mountain courses with a greater elevation change...

Last edited:
My vote: Perkerson Park (temp layout), ATL, GA

I've played two rounds at Flyboy in one day and been fine afterwards. Two rounds of the temp layout at Perkerson is just exhausting (and this was in February too). If you're not going directly up/down hill, then you're walking "along" the hill which reallllly wears the ankles/knees down. One of the few times I've woken up the next day and been sore from disc golf.

Back 9's of Jim Warner and Indian Creek are just brutal up/down hill holes one-after-another with ~100' elevation change.

I love JP Moseley, but playing it in 109 degree heat and tons of humidity is not advisable ...

Very true statement there. but playing North Georgia Canopy Tours in Lula during the same conditions will get you a little bit more.

I am a soccer player and in good shape, but over 100 degree heat on a mountainous course does get a little tiring.

Deer Lakes, Idlewild, and Beaver Ranch seem to be getting mentioned a bunch. I've played all three, and they are not even close to Phantom Falls.

The last 18 of the near 40 holes will destroy you. I've been 4 times, and we've never had the energy to enjoy the mini course he has set up there. The drive home usually involves everyone but the driver passing out. Poor, poor driver.

At sea level it would be rough, but at 8,500 feet... Brutal.

I have a feeling Diamond X would take the crown, but I haven't played that yet.

Ramcat Ridge.

Edit: Lemon Lake Gold, if you get in the ****.

France Park, glow round, group of about 8 to 10 (many of which are playing the course for the first time) during a full moon. :| :| :eek:

Solitude Mountain Resort; ESPECIALLY with the nine temp holes. Oh man...

^didn't want to finish the glow round at France Park. :| :| :| :|

Not because it was exhausting. Mentally exhausting maybe.

Flip City... but then there was 3 +/- feet of snow, I had only 2.5hours sleep and had to drive 4.5 hours to get there...

Winter Park has a lot of walking up and downhill... I imagine a ski course that also has DG would be the most difficult considering they are on a mountain

Not the best course, nor the longest (and from the sound of it, there are more physically demanding courses in a lot of places...), but I got more of a workout at Pride Park, than at Idlewild. Weird using the two in the same sentence, actually, but the topic is about grueling workout courses.

Most exhausting courses I have played so far...in no particular order....

DeLaveaga
Stafford Lake
Coyote Point DGC
Water Works
Skyline Wilderness

Water Works will work you over for sure... You Definitely want to stay on the fairway, 4-6 to the left very far and you need you climbing boots...But heck the elevation between and on every hole is what makes it so fun to play:clap:

Flip could get exhausting if you rolled downhill a bunch of times, but Toboggan was the most exhausted I've ever been after a round.

Water Works will work you over for sure... You Definitely want to stay on the fairway, 4-6 to the left very far and you need you climbing boots...But heck the elevation between and on every hole is what makes it so fun to play:clap:

Yes, water works is a workout, but it pales in comparison to the mountain courses I just played on a recent trip.

Brian Head in Utah and the Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard easily top Water Works as far as exhaustion goes. This is especially true if the lift is not an option.

After walking up in Vegas for over an hour, my legs were in no mood for 18 holes of the extreme uphill and downhill climbs over loose, rocky terrain throughout the course.

I was very happy to see the lift running 2 days later in Utah. :D

For me the two most grueling courses were

Adventure land Reno Red and Squaw Valley.