• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most lost disc molds

cboucher

Par Member
I was just updating my disc organizer and noticed that I've lost an obscene amount of Wraiths and Destroyers. Quite a few Wizards, too. What disc molds do you guys lose most often?

Leopards. Whatever I throw most in the woods has the highest chance of being lost - under bush, errant tree deflections, etc.

boss, or some other fast driver, whatever noobs buy

as for myself, distance drivers in general

I probably lose buzzz the most, but speaking from a finders perspective...... If I see a disc that has been lost, I can guarantee that 90% of the time it is a dx archangel, or dx beast.

I also tend to lose max D drivers: bosses and more recently wraiths. (I don't throw destro's but I'm sure I could lose those too!)

It makes sense to me that these high-speed discs are the most frequently lost. They come out of the bag for the longest throws, which might mean trying to carry over water or some other disc loss zone. They also have the capability to go the most wildly off target (as advocates of discing down will tell you).

Max D for me too; and generally due to turning more than expected (Nuke) or less than expected (Avenger SS, Nuke SS).

Over my whole discing life it has to be Valks. I would venture to say I've lost 8-10 of them. Next...Idk, probably Tanks because I throw a lot of second shots with them and forget about them, and I also throw them over water a lot since they are the only cheap baseline discs I throw.

For finding discs, I think I have found more Leopards than anything else. Probably over a dozen.

Oddly enough Wizards are usually the ones I lose in the water, tall grass and treetops for the Wraiths/Destroyers...

Champ Eagles, mostly because they are easily replaced so I throw them for water shots.

Valkyries, for sure. I don't throw them any more, but when I did, they had a way of disappearing into the sunset... because of my bad form/throws. I turned them over uncontrollably.

The Woodshed in PawPaw has two of them, on different holes, but playing down into the same valley from opposite sides.

My most lost mold is the Teebird. I bag 4 or 5 Teebirds, depending on the course. I throw my Teebirds more than any of my other discs. I assume that's why it's my most lost mold.

Over my disc golfing life, I have done a fair amount of disc diving (mostly just wading) in some incredibly nasty ponds. What I have found the most is Valks, nothing else is close. Bosses are next, and then fairly evenly distributed among other overstable distance drivers.
Rarely find a mid-range and never a putter.

Wraiths are the only mold I ever lose. I always keep a healthy supply of backups. I usually lose them on water holes.

I've only lost 4 that I did not later find or get returned to me, and they were all different--Shark, Leopard, Sidewinder, and Viking. I've probably found around 20, maybe more, including ones returned and ones kept. I don't remember any of them being the same. Not all were drivers; I still have a Mercury Putter and a Champion Condor that I found.

I probably lose buzzz the most, but speaking from a finders perspective...... If I see a disc that has been lost, I can guarantee that 90% of the time it is a dx archangel, or dx beast.

I've only lost 5 discs. The first disc was a Champ Starfire. I lost it on a 9 hole course and when I confronted a group of 3 guys that had it, they said they didn't see it. I wasn't going to go 1 on 3 for a $15 disc, maybe 2 on 3 if my friend was there. My second was a red DX Beast. Third was a yellow DX TeeBird. Number 4 was a Medium Shield and the last was an Echo Star Roadrunner. I replaced all the lost ones shortly after losing them. Lucky for me, the time between each lost disc was about 6 months or so, plenty of time to build up funds.

Latest posts