• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most States Played in One Day/Weekend

jjtwinnova

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
What are the most states you guys have played in one day?

I have done three once, and two probably three or four times. I imagine there are a lot of people who have done more, but I think it's an interesting stat...

I did 3 in a day when I played Sugaree, Sugar Hollow and Winged Deer.

For a weekend I've done 5 once, same time as the previous trip, but adding a West Virginia course and a PA course on the way home.

When I went to Charleston, SC last summer I played 5 courses in 3 states on my way south.

Nothing to write home about, but it definitely broke up the drive. 4 were courses I had never played.

On the way back I played 4 in 3 states, and while in Charleston I played 5 new courses. I need to update my courses played...

The most I have done has been three courses in two states... Cloudland Canyon in GA, and the Sinks and Camp Jordan in TN.

A couple of years ago, I went on a course and state bagging trip to see my folks in Texas. Drove from Cincinnati and played Cloudland Canyon in GA and Rainbow City, AL on day one, Paul B Johnson in MS and The Pines in LA on day two. Played Shawshank in TX during my visit there, and played Hindman Park in AR, and Bloomfield City Park in MO both in one day on the way back. So that was six new states on the road spanning three travel days and my first course in Texas while I was there, was the "destination".

Three in One

I've done three states in one day: 3 courses in PA (Unami Creek, Nockamixon, Tyler), 1 in Delaware (Iron Hill), and 1 in Maryland (Goucher). I didn't intend to play Goucher but traffic was so bad on the Baltimore Beltway that I stopped to wait it out and where better than at another disc golf course? Believe me, Nockamixon, Tyler and Iron Hill are more than enough for one day but I was staying near Unami so I played it around 6 AM and played Goucher around 7 PM that same day. I've also played PA, OH, and WV all in the same day. I started at Two Mile Run Extension in PA and then went over to Thompson Park in Ohio and then to Chester City Park and Tomlinson in WV and then to Beatty Park back in Ohio. Playing solo (or with one other) on weekdays makes these all day trips possible.

I know I did 3 when I did VT, NH, and ME (still only have one course played in each of those states) Pretty sure I also did three the day I played RI, also some of my longer drives that I have broken up with a small course I probably hit 3. Don't know if I've ever done more than 3.

Did Missouri, Illinois & Iowa in one day on a road trip eight years ago. Can't recall any other instance.

On my recent trip to Illinois for a family reunion, I intended to play Missouri, Indiana and Kentucky in one day on the way home but traffic did not cooperate so I had to bail on KY. I have done 2 states in a day many times.

3 in a day is the most for me. Borderlands (MA), Ninigret (RI), West Thompson Lake (CT) and Pyramids (MA). I really wanted to squeeze NH in that day, but the stupid car rental place in Boston closed at 7pm.

A few years ago I traveled through
NC,SC,GA,AL, MS, LA, AR, MO, IL, IN, KY, OH, WV, VA
14 states, played 13 courses in 3 days 9 new.

I think IL, IN, KY,OH was the most states I played in 1 day, 1 course per state.
Also played AL, MS, LA in one day that trip.

Last edited:
3 states a few times. Two countries in one day British Columbia (CAN) and Washington (USA).

I played three states in one day a couple of times:

Iron Hill in Delaware, Poor House Farm in West Virginia and Jim Barnett Park in Virginia.

Kereikes in Kentucky, Cedar Hill in Tennessee and Latimer Lakes North in Mississippi.

Seems to me in that all my travels, I can't ever seem to get more than 3 states in a weekend but, I do have multiple 3 state trips.
Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan
Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska
Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming
Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota
Arizona, New Mexico, Texas
Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma
Florida, Alabama, Mississippi

That's it.

The most I've done is 4 states in a weekend: Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.

I've done two countries in 24 hours a few times: Japan & US, South Korea & US

Most states played in two days is four:

Iron Hill in Delaware, Poor House Farm in West Virginia and Jim Barnett Park in Virginia and Ditto Farms in Maryland.

However, I played 12 states in 12 days and played a total of courses on the trip.

When I travelled to Philadelphia for work, I played Iron Hill (DE), Stafford Woods (NJ), and Nockamixon (PA). Only had an abbreviated bag: putter, two mids and three drivers. That was a blast.

Most states played in two days is four:

Iron Hill in Delaware, Poor House Farm in West Virginia and Jim Barnett Park in Virginia and Ditto Farms in Maryland.

However, I played 12 states in 12 days and played a total of 19 courses on the trip.

FTFM

I played 4 courses in 4 states in one day a few years ago. Driving from Wisconsin to Montana I played the campus course in Rice Lake, WI. Then Millstream park near St Cloud, MN, Valley City park in Valley City, ND and Makoshika State park in Glendive MT. It was almost dark when I got to Glendive so didn't play all 18 holes.

Mississippi Alabama and Florida, hit up Hiller in Biloxi and some other courses one day, then the hobbit in Mobile and a couple courses in the Florida panhandle the next day