• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway back to the manufacturer in question. One of the local TD's just announced that the bluegrass open May31/June1, will have tourney stamped MVP discs this year. I don't think I have seen a tourney stamped MVP discs around here. Anybody have one?

So, I played my first all MVP round yesterday. 7 discs. Shot better than I have in a while, even though I did not putt well. I identified 3 areas of need, at least. First, I need a Switch. Amp too long and Tangent too short for some required shots. I cannot forehand very far.
Second, my Axis/Vector situation is messed up. Bought both from a used bin. I must have gotten an Axis on the outer edge of overstable, and a Vector on the outer edge of understable. So, neither do what I thought their respective jobs would be. May need a Tensor and a lighter Axis. Not sure.

Finally, the Inertia I traded for is 174. Heaviest driver I own by far. While that may be the reason I'm not flipping it into the dirt, I might do better downwind with something in the 160s. Tesla later if this ends up working out in the long run.

Oh, and I just don't like Proton Anodes. I'm used to soft putters. Not sure what to do there for a putting putter. While I've never seen/held soft Neutron, that just seems like a good idea to me.

Anyway back to the manufacturer in question. One of the local TD's just announced that the bluegrass open May31/June1, will have tourney stamped MVP discs this year. I don't think I have seen a tourney stamped MVP discs around here. Anybody have one?

Minnesota Majestic (sponsored by GGGT) has had them for at least two years. I dont have it anymore, but my first Anode was MM stamped. They originally only stamped Proton Anodes,so I believe that was the first tourney-stamped MVP venture.

Too bad CO is Vibram territory, I would love some tourney stamped Volts. Goddamn I love the Volt. Seriously the perfect discs. Y'all can keep your fairways. Cant wait to get back to CO where I have a stack of old mild N Volts waiting for me!:hfive:

I played three one disc rounds today (easy 9-hole course) with my Tangent and it has no fade! :D Lots of my drives ended up way past the basket because it just went straight and when I wanted it to fade it still was going straight. Well, fortunately I have a Tensor coming in the mail next week. :popcorn:

Can't wait to get my inertia on Monday. It is a 169. I am really hoping for a longer switch because I freaking love my switch. Still working with the volt. Forcing myself to throw it for every drive at my home course. It is growing on me. Just needs a few tree hits I think. My FR shock is my fave MVP disc by far. Beginning to think I need a couple MVP mids. Not sure what to get though. Right now I through an atlas, cro, gator. What MVP mids are comparable?

Is the Tesla the only disc with the Mike C stamp? I want to replace my resistor with one

The tesla is the only one being sold retail I believe. You can get almost any mvp disc with a Mike C stamp directly from him. Send him a PM

Minnesota Majestic (sponsored by GGGT) has had them for at least two years. I dont have it anymore, but my first Anode was MM stamped. They originally only stamped Proton Anodes,so I believe that was the first tourney-stamped MVP venture.

Too bad CO is Vibram territory, I would love some tourney stamped Volts. Goddamn I love the Volt. Seriously the perfect discs. Y'all can keep your fairways. Cant wait to get back to CO where I have a stack of old mild N Volts waiting for me!:hfive:

Yep, I have a Soft Proton Anode from a two years ago stamped with the Minnesota Majestic.

Tangent is my new favorite disc.

It is quite a good disc.

Got a resistor on Wednesday and it found the water on Saturday.

Ouch.. Same happened to an Anode of mine a few weeks back.. Had to be an eclipse one too..

I've been really pleased with the versatility of the Inertia/Tesla combo, but the better I get to know them the wider their gap in stability seems to be. Maybe MVP will reconsider their original plan and release a disc in between them...For me it would be a lot more useful than a disc more overstable than the Tesla or more understable than the Inertia.

I am nearly out of Resistors but I do have a 169G white from the first 100 I hand numbered.
Max weight would be ideal in whatever color thats not blue but I wont be too picky. How do I go about buying it from you? I tried to pm you but either I can't use PM or you don't receive them.

Max weight would be ideal in whatever color thats not blue but I wont be too picky. How do I go about buying it from you? I tried to pm you but either I can't use PM or you don't receive them.

I think I had them disabled but I'll go turn them back on. I might not have any max weights left though.

I've been really pleased with the versatility of the Inertia/Tesla combo, but the better I get to know them the wider their gap in stability seems to be. Maybe MVP will reconsider their original plan and release a disc in between them...For me it would be a lot more useful than a disc more overstable than the Tesla or more understable than the Inertia.
I've been filling that gap pretty well with the switch.

Has more turn? Neither disc is flippy.

Sounds like a speed difference and not getting inertia up to speed but torqueing over the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.