• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my tangent. Thrown flat mine has always had some turn. I also threw my first ever ace with it today. I guess I'm a little bias.

That's awesome! which hole?
16 at RL Smith. 215 downhill. Standstill flick. Mostly luck but a thing of beauty. :D The picture doesn't do the elevation justice and there's a creek that runs along the back right side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 41
So I lost my Stalker today in the water. I am wondering if there's anything from MVP/Axiom that might be a suitable replacement instead of just getting another one. From the looks of the line up, I don't really see anything yet. I like the uniqueness of the Stalker in that it's wider rimmed and feels like a mid in the hand, but I could still break 300' with it, when I can't quite reach that with my mids. Any suggestions?

Nothing that MVP/Axiom makes feels like a Stalker. I've only thrown the Ti Stalker, but I would say the closest thing in flight is the Clash.

I recently put my ion back into the bag after not clicking with it when I got it. I think it's going to take place of the envy for my upshots.

Nothing that MVP/Axiom makes feels like a Stalker. I've only thrown the Ti Stalker, but I would say the closest thing in flight is the Clash.

I threw Z Stalkers for about a year when I started playing, so it's been a while, and this might sound crazy, but IIRC mine flew kind of like an Axis...which of course feels nothing like the same in the hand. I see he bags the Alias...wonder if he's tried the Axis..?

Of course, I can now throw an Axis farther than I could throw the Stalker back then, so..?

I haven't tried the Clash yet, but depending on how hard he's throwing, Crave or even a max wt Switch might be similar...? Still won't feel the same throwing them with the slight "plus" angled rims. The Stalker's straight inner-rimmed, yes? And, do I remember kind of a bead thing going on too?

I threw Z Stalkers for about a year when I started playing, so it's been a while, and this might sound crazy, but IIRC mine flew kind of like an Axis...which of course feels nothing like the same in the hand. I see he bags the Alias...wonder if he's tried the Axis..?

Of course, I can now throw an Axis farther than I could throw the Stalker back then, so..?

I haven't tried the Clash yet, but depending on how hard he's throwing, Crave or even a max wt Switch might be similar...? Still won't feel the same throwing them with the slight "plus" angled rims. The Stalker's straight inner-rimmed, yes? And, do I remember kind of a bead thing going on too?

I had an Axis that I lost a few months ago, which I replaced with my Alias. The Axis was great, and longer than my Alias, but not as long as the Stalker for me. I was getting the Axis about 280' or so when I had room for height. The Stalker I can throw closer to 320' on a good day. It's not a huge difference, but enough to matter. I was thinking the Crave or the Switch would probably be my best bets to match for my throw.

As far as the feel of the Stalker goes, it is beaded, but feels pretty shallow like the Alias. I prefer the thinner profile of the Stalker and Alias to the Axis. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not a plus mold rim.

Anyway, I found a 168 Blue Ti Stalker at Marshall Street and decided to go ahead and order it because I do love this disc, and have wanted to get the Ti version anyway since they're supposed to be a little more stable. I'll just have to find an excuse to get a Crave latter.

IMO Crave's start out a touch more US than Stalkers, but hold their stsbility MUCH longer. My longest ace, 360', was with a Z stalker, but it turned to flippy two weeks later and I could.never try the same line again. Crave's hold strong for well over half a year.

Z Stalkers definitely get flippy. My ESP stayed pretty stable though. I'm hoping the Ti will stay stable also. I was hoping the Crave would be a touch more stable than the Stalker. Maybe I'll hold off until MVP/Axiom announces their next set of releases.

Yeah a Clash would work well. All of my testers are more OS than Craves or Stalkers, but not as beefy as Resistors, Preds, Banshees etc.

IMO Crave's start out a touch more US than Stalkers, but hold their stsbility MUCH longer. My longest ace, 360', was with a Z stalker, but it turned to flippy two weeks later and I could.never try the same line again. Crave's hold strong for well over half a year.

Yeah I threw stalkers for a while actually and while the feel of these 2 discs is nothing a like now that the comparison comes up I can see it for sure but like you said the crave is holding up to its stability very well once seasoned. I keep wanting it to get understable but seriously not sure it will happen. My neutron looks like hell and still flies $$ -- not much turn and still fades out.

I agree on feel, but wouldn't agree on closest match. Based on my Ti Stalker and 173 Clash, Stalker has more HSS and less LSS.

Closest competitor I have in my bag is P Crave. Crave kicked out my Stalker actually. I would suggest the Crave is about -.5 HSS vs. the Stalker, but not so much that I can't lean on the Crave for straight rips. I could get my Crave out farther as a trade-off.

yeah feel wise is going to be almost a vector/alias hybrid but and that's really how a stalker flies too. I much rather throw a true fairway like the crave vs a stalker which doesn't know what it wants to be and breaks in weird.

I'm liking the Servo more and more in this slot. But, it has a pretty hard hook up at the end of the flight. As long as you throw it hard and keep it fairly low, it won't fade off line too much, but get a little air under it and it fades pretty far off line, which is not the Stalker's MO.

It also probably won't match the D of the Stalker.

Crave is probably the best bet. I found the Crave to be a little longer, and a little less HSS and LSS than the Servo (opinions are varying on this, though,) great disc but for that spot the Servo just works better for me, more predictable both in HSS and rangeability, which at the end of the day is what I really need in that slot, rather than an extra 30 ft of D.

If you get the Stalker out to 320, I'd say the Switch probably won't replace it. At that power level, you're going to see much less HSS from the Switch out of the box.

Quick question: Axis or Tangent for a beginner/low power arm? MVP says tangent but Joe's flight chart says axis is more understable (at high speeds). Mainly just want the one that when thrown about 150'-200' will go straightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.