• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cycle of SOLF, so I imagine I would either need to go Tesla + Inertia or Volt + Amp to replicate that since MVP takes a lifetime to season.

Keep in mind that Volt at Amp are a speed down from Tesla and Inertia, so there could be some adjustment there using them all interchangeably(narrower and slightly blunter rim on Volt and Amp). FWIW, I use Impulse, Inertia, and Tesla...and would consider a Volt as a control driver but just don't really have the need for it.

Might be tough to get a close MVP to Millennium ratio. In my case, Impulse replaced champ Mamba, Inertia the Opto Saint, Tesla the QOLF. And the Switch replaced the champ Leopard, Servo the champ Teebird. All my MVP are currently Neutron plastic.

I would choose either or... Basically I want the MVP equivalent of my Millennium bag, feel free to PM me if you have suggestions :)

Just based on what little I know about Millennium:

Scorpius = TBD distance driver
Orion LF = beefy Tesla
EXP1 = Resistor
JLS = Crave
Shark = not sure there's a clear replacement here
Aurora MS = Axis or Theory
Tank = Envy
Omega = Ion or Anode depending on if you have a bead or not. Atom, too.

None of them line up perfectly, but I think you could handle these as replacements pretty well.

Just based on what little I know about Millennium:

Scorpius = TBD distance driver
Orion LF = beefy Tesla
EXP1 = Resistor
JLS = Crave
Shark = not sure there's a clear replacement here
Aurora MS = Axis or Theory
Tank = Envy
Omega = Ion or Anode depending on if you have a bead or not. Atom, too.

None of them line up perfectly, but I think you could handle these as replacements pretty well.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I would probably need to add an Inspire and Inertia as well to replace my beat SOLF and JLS. Thanks!

What are people thinking on a likely release date for an Electron Anode? I am still drooling over the possibility. So I'm hoping by late March/Early April they'll be out.

BTW, with Electron, Proton, Eclipse, Neutron, and Plasma is MVP finished with their plastics?

never. They always are playing around I would assume. How couldn't you with your own facility and all that good ****.

I'm about at the point where I just buy it because it's MVP/Axiom. After Plasma and Electron get some other discs in the lineup I'm set.. Minus the new drivers all dropping.

I've been out of the MVP loop for close to a couple years, but I've recently begun picking it up again, and in my recent purchases, I found this Envy. I haven't seen too many MVP/Axiom discs like this, so I'm just wondering if this would be considered a collectible in MVP/Axiom circles or not? thanks

USJAkqvl.jpg

I've been out of the MVP loop for close to a couple years, but I've recently begun picking it up again, and in my recent purchases, I found this Envy. I haven't seen too many MVP/Axiom discs like this, so I'm just wondering if this would be considered a collectible in MVP/Axiom circles or not? thanks

USJAkqvl.jpg

That is a beautiful disc. I can't speak to collectibles though. I throw all of my discs, including special stamps and natural beauties like that one. And if that is your only Envy, you should throw it too. It's a great disc.

Last edited:
But natural beauties are hard to find, especially one like that.

And judging by the quality of the pic, poster knows that. ;)

Go put it up on fb and reserve right to refuse sale, I bet you'll get at least 20.

Thanks for the responses.

I throw plenty of collectibles; most of them in fact. To me, collectibility doesn't directly relate to throwability, although I suppose there is a correlation - stronger for some, weaker for others - weak for me. I'm inclined to throw this one, but with the snow in my area, that won't be for a while anyhow.

MVP (and Axiom by extension), from my past experience at least, seems to me to probably be the least collectible disc brand out there; and that's actually a good thing, and one of the reasons I'm experimenting with them again. The reason i think they're the least collectible is due to their consistency (whether it be merely perceived or real). There isn't enough variance in their molding or plastic feel, performance, or durability, to create strong submarkets. More than any other brand, the disc you get today, is the same as the one you could get last year, and the same as the one you will be able to get next year. To the extent that there is variability, it tends to be limited and one off (like FR Volts, Shocks, Amps), or intended and repeatable (like the difference between N and P performance).

This consistency extends to the appearance of MVP's plastic. They have fewer natural beauties than any other brand, you can go through bins and bins of MVP and not see a single one - so I was curious what the market was for them, which prompted the question.

*** To head off comments misinterpreting my statements: I'm not saying there are no MVP discs that are collectible or valuable. I'm just saying that relative to other brands, it has the smallest collector market, and smaller by several orders of magnitude, which is not a consequence of lack of interest in the brand, but rather of the brand's consistency. --Although, what the heck do I know, I've already stated I've been out of the MVP loop for a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts