• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm

I'm still not a fan of the wave, so these new ones being described as utility discs is a let down. I was expecting to like MVP DD more but maybe axiom will make up for it.

Hmmmm

I'm still not a fan of the wave, so these new ones being described as utility discs is a let down. I was expecting to like MVP DD more but maybe axiom will make up for it.

I believe the term utility was used to suggest that virtually any workable line from stable-OS to stable-US could be covered by a given weight of either the Photon or Wave. I would agree. I have 3 waves and 3 Photons in a spread of weights and bag two of each for just such versatility. I'd suggest if you're finding you need more or less stability, work your way up or down the mold by 10g increments.

These two should be utility-OS and -US.

And that's really what they are. The Phase will be super beefy for all but the biggest and/or most torque monkey of arms. And the Orbital can be turned over by just about everyone, even very low power throwers.

I'm thinking about picking up a light weight Orbital, just for the fun of it. :D

I need some help! For my drivers I have a Wrath, Insanity x2, Volt x4, Crave x2, Inspire, and Clash. I am set on the Crave, Inspire, and Clash trio although I plan on dropping the second Crave. However, I am thinking I may need a more OS driver but forsure I need a true Understable driver. I wasn't able to get a feel for the MVP speed 10 but Axiom speed 10 was great. I am debating if I should try to grab the new speed 12 understable driver or get the really understable speed 10 from Axiom?

I max out around 400' but can consistently throw 300'-350' depending on the hole. I have never been super great with faster discs. I'm leaning towards the Speed 10. I'm wondering what you guys would do.

Last edited:
If you need more OS then get a Motion or Resistor. If you want a OS version of the Volt then get a Shock.

I believe the term utility was used to suggest that virtually any workable line from stable-OS to stable-US could be covered by a given weight of either the Photon or Wave. I would agree. I have 3 waves and 3 Photons in a spread of weights and bag two of each for just such versatility. I'd suggest if you're finding you need more or less stability, work your way up or down the mold by 10g increments.

I'm pretty sure he was calling the two new discs utility molds. That's fine, but not being a fan of the wave, means that the photon is the only current MVP dd that I might end up bagging. I'm not really in need of extreme os or us.

I'm pretty sure he was calling the two new discs utility molds. That's fine, but not being a fan of the wave, means that the photon is the only current MVP dd that I might end up bagging. I'm not really in need of extreme os or us.

I'm kind of here, too. Just the Photon, between N and F, covers a pretty impressive stability spectrum (I guess if you're getting them out to the 350+ range.)

I'll need more time side-by-side to swear by this, but a long hole in a tourney this weekend, I threw a 153 F Photon once and a 175 Wave once, and got almost the identical line and lie from each.

(Third round was windy as crap, so I threw a Motion.)

Last edited:

Yeah, I kind of meant that it would make sense, from how I look at it, to have the Phase and Orbital be stoopid O- and US.

*I think of utility as in extreme stability

I need some help! For my drivers I have a Wrath, Insanity x2, Volt x4, Crave x2, Inspire, and Clash. I am set on the Crave, Inspire, and Clash trio although I plan on dropping the second Crave. However, I am thinking I may need a more OS driver but forsure I need a true Understable driver. I wasn't able to get a feel for the MVP speed 10 but Axiom speed 10 was great. I am debating if I should try to grab the new speed 12 understable driver or get the really understable speed 10 from Axiom?

I max out around 400' but can consistently throw 300'-350' depending on the hole. I have never been super great with faster discs. I'm leaning towards the Speed 10. I'm wondering what you guys would do.

The flippiest Gyro I have right now are:

1) beat to crap 168 Switch
2) beat 3/4 to crap 168 P Inertia
3) new 168 Wave (duality stamp.)

You can see the pattern. Abuse helps, but in the end I feel like to get "truly US" on Gyro drivers, it helps to get down in the 160's.

I believe the term utility was used to suggest that virtually any workable line from stable-OS to stable-US could be covered by a given weight of either the Photon or Wave.

Yeah, I kind of meant that it would make sense, from how I look at it, to have the Phase and Orbital be stoopid O- and US.

*I think of utility as in extreme stability

I always thought that utility discs were discs that didn't get much use, maybe only 1-2 throws a round or less.

but forsure I need a true Understable driver.

Orbital, Orbital, Orbital. It is TRULY understable. If that's what you want, you need to pick one up on Friday. My tester is a 171, so to make doubly sure it's US, maybe go into the high 160's.

You will not be disappointed.

Orbital, Orbital, Orbital. It is TRULY understable. If that's what you want, you need to pick one up on Friday. My tester is a 171, so to make doubly sure it's US, maybe go into the high 160's.

You will not be disappointed.

I think something in the 170s is plenty understable. Lower than that might be difficult to control.

I think something in the 170s is plenty understable. Lower than that might be difficult to control.

I will admit that it's a bit of a tough disc to control, and hit the angle correctly. I mentioned worm burners, and the accidental roll. The understability takes you back a bit, and players trying to mash this thing are going to mash it into the ground. Finesse is in order with the Orbital.

Without having thrown one, I think that a few grams lighter shouldn't be too much of an issue. A 150, however, might even be too US for even this flip lover. :D

And yea, Ranger, big arms are going to have to dial way down on this disc. 60-70% power, and steeper hyzers. Plus they can use it for instant rollers, and huge sky annys. (That anny that I threw was one of the coolest things to see.)

Status
Not open for further replies.