• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
which class is the 21.5mm? i dont see any 21.5mm on their website just 21 or 23mm

would be nice to have a speed 12 (22mm) class though.. i feel like the speed 11 doesnt quite get me max distance but the speed 13 23mm class is just a little too wide rimmed for me.

I think he is referring to the Photon class. The Tesla class is 20mm I think, right?

Tesla is 18.5mm

Hmm I didn't think there was that big a gap between those classes... #memoryproblems.

But I was right that he was referring to the Photon class...

The MVP Photon is the first 21.5 cm distance driver in the MVP line. This disc is described as a longer Tesla, and will exhibit some max distance generating high speed turn for power throwers. The Photon is naturally wind resistent for average players and works well for sidearm throws.
Whatever they call it now, originally they called it 21.5mm

Tesla is 18.5mm

That's a typo on MVP website. It is a 20mm wing. Let's look back at the original announcement...

"The Impulse, Motion, and Tesla along with the Inertia are part of the 20mm-wing distance driver class from MVP Disc Sports. This class of controllable distance drivers will have a wide weight range from 155g to 175g..."

Infinite has them at 21mm

Last edited:
Yeah, I was referring to the Photon/Wave/Vanish class. Didn't realize they simply call those 21mm now.

And I agree that the Photon/Wave class aren't quite a max distance set of discs. They're a nice class though, because I can still get them up to speed even on days when I'm not throwing as powerfully, or when I want to back off a little to better control a shot but I don't want to disc all the way down to a fairway driver. Wave is probably a Top 5 mold for me.

they really need a 22mm class (speed 12) destroyer clone

i just picked up a 162g (lightest i could find) firm electron envy for putting, excited to see how a lighter one glides. Someone was saying a while back the light envy is better for putting. hoping to replace my heavier 173g

i just picked up a 162g (lightest i could find) firm electron envy for putting, excited to see how a lighter one glides. Someone was saying a while back the light envy is better for putting. hoping to replace my heavier 173g

The Dreadnaught from MVP...:D

:popcorn:

wow surprised their own website is wrong, i always say go to the source for correct info... i guess the source can be wrong haha

they changed the way the discs were classed once flight ratings went into effect, something to do with how the wings would be measured going forward. all the classifications on the new site are correct for what MVP is classing them as nowadays. it's noted in some marketing release, can't recall how or when it was published.

Report back with your thoughts on the light Envy for putting. My local shop always has a ton of Electron Envies in the 160-169 range, but I never buy them since I try to putt with near max weight putters. I'm curious if you find your putting improves with the lighter discs. Maybe make it easier to drill those 45'+ C2 putts.

The Dreadnaught from MVP...:D

:popcorn:

honestly the octane is just about perfect if you can find a more overstable one other than the rim being wider. I have a bunch of new octanes id love to test out but theres a few feet of snow on the ground :doh:

im excited to try one of the protons i have, the PLH is very slightly higher than all the rest but still has the same dome :D it might be the one!

Report back with your thoughts on the light Envy for putting. My local shop always has a ton of Electron Envies in the 160-169 range, but I never buy them since I try to putt with near max weight putters. I'm curious if you find your putting improves with the lighter discs. Maybe make it easier to drill those 45'+ C2 putts.

FWIW I nail it with a 165 Envy all day every day... I really like it.. The transisition to electron though is a little weird I think adding 3-5 g is probably the key to having it fly like a plasma. Electron is extra glide less hss.

I've got three Electron Envies (1 firm + 2 regulars) all in the 172-174 range. I really like the flight of them for putting once the 'new' is knocked off of the discs, which doesn't take long. I basically use one for in the circle putting and the other one for out of circle putting + understable approaches/drives. Out of the box they're every bit as stable as a Neutron Envy, but it only takes 2-3 solid tree hits to turn them into an easy hyzerflip/touch disc.

This year I'm going to see how long the mold stays in that usable understable range. If I can get at least 4 months of use out of it, then I'll likely just cycle Electron Envies through my 'primary putter' and 'understable thrower/putter' slots. Burning out 3 putters a year doesn't seem too bad, especially since they're a multi-use disc for me. If it doesn't hold up that long then I'll likely buy a Proxy to test as my understable thrower. Preference would be to keep # of molds as low as possible though.

i wish they would make the proxy in electron. For my style i think that would be a great putting putter. I throw my proxys all the time and putt with them if it is windy.( i normal putt with an electron spin)

yeah I have putt with the atom nice and just stable. IMO the electron atom is like a plasma proxy in flight and ofr putting. looking for that touch less stablity with out having a beat disc. I may give some lighter atom a try. how does the pilot compare never trown or putted with them?

yeah I have putt with the atom nice and just stable. IMO the electron atom is like a plasma proxy in flight and ofr putting. looking for that touch less stablity with out having a beat disc. I may give some lighter atom a try. how does the pilot compare never trown or putted with them?

Pilot is very close to a Proxy. The shape of the wing and all the dimensions (look them up on the PDGA site) are nearly identical. It shares many of the properties of the the Envy class discs (Envy, Proxy, Atom, and Particle). In terms of stability, it starts off slightly less stable than an Atom. It has more glide off the shelf than any other of the discs in that class. In the hand it feels a bit more like a cross between a Proxy and an Anode. The shoulder is slightly higher than a Proxy but not quite as high an an Anode. It flies somewhat like a beat Anode for me. It is super straight and can handle a good amount of torque and headwind. I started putting Anodes. Switched to Envies and Proxies and now put Pilots. To really call them my Electron Proxies because they are similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.