• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Flipflat said:
Teaser pic?

Couple dozen pixels.

3093ndg.png

Is it possible to get a Comet like disc with the overmold technology. Or does the overmold make a disc to stable to achieve that type of flight. I thought that a lineup with the Vector and a stable to slightly understable flight pattern would be a great mid set up.

mattw said:
Is it possible to get a Comet like disc with the overmold technology. Or does the overmold make a disc to stable to achieve that type of flight. I thought that a lineup with the Vector and a stable to slightly understable flight pattern would be a great mid set up.
Yes. Our GYRO™ technology is going to allow us to open many doors for the performance of all varieties of stability. We are going to continue to work our magic :D

mattw said:
I thought that a lineup with the Vector and a stable to slightly understable flight pattern would be a great mid set up.

Wow. That's a great idea... :idea:

sunspot said:
Imagine sporting an all MVP bag that has every range accounted for.

There is talk of "every range" going on at MVP. :wink: I once thought it would be hard to impossible to make a gyroscopic overmolded driver. I don't feel that way anymore.

discspeed said:
sunspot said:

There is talk of "every range" going on at MVP. :wink: I once thought it would be hard to impossible to make a gyroscopic overmolded driver. I don't feel that way anymore.

Would this be because you... saw something in particular?!?

kern9787 said:
discspeed said:
sunspot said:

Would this be because you... saw something in particular?!?

Not so much...just talk. Mostly I learned that the chemical bond between MVP's overmold and core plastics is stronger than I thought and with this in mind old designs are giving way to new ones...Chad also mentioned something about how MVP's Gyro Technology could potentially have a greater impact on the gyroscopic weight distribution of a driver than it has impacted putters and mids due to the nature of the driver's design.... :idea:

Would a neutral to understable MVP mid be Buzzz-like or Comet-like? Those might be extreme examples, but in my brain it would be more like the former, though could there potentially be different molds that had similar differences? The Buzzz might as well be a fairway driver to me

Peot said:
Would a neutral to understable MVP mid be Buzzz-like or Comet-like? Those might be extreme examples, but in my brain it would be more like the former, though could there potentially be different molds that had similar differences? The Buzzz might as well be a fairway driver to me

If I were to design a mid I would include qualities of both...but overall it would have to be more wind resistant than the Comet and fly more "beaded" than the Buzzz (slower turning). I disagree about the Buzzz being a fairway driver though...It's pretty similar to a Roc. It has no bead, but it also has a blunter nose. The speed difference is less than a point on any scale. It's problem has to do with the speed of it's turning character. It flips so fast that it wants to get flat from hyzer rather than holding the angle. If this turn could be slowed through design, and have increased gyroscopics it might be the perfect mid...

cfair said:
Is the Ion available without the textured bottom? What is the point of that bottom?

The textured bottom is gone. The latest runs of softs and mediums have smooth bottoms, as will all future runs. I strongly prefer the new feel. The sandblasted bottom texturing was an attempt to provide a better grip, but it was the general consensus that they would be better without it.

discspeed said:
cfair said:
Is the Ion available without the textured bottom? What is the point of that bottom?

The textured bottom is gone. The latest runs of softs and mediums have smooth bottoms, as will all future runs. I strongly prefer the new feel. The sandblasted bottom texturing was an attempt to provide a better grip, but it was the general consensus that they would be better without it.

If only I could find a pink medium like this...