• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

I heard a couple of the guys at Sesame St. like the ion. Here's the proof:

7711023.jpg

I think I'll test out an Ion or two with my putter testing. Driving, putting, approach, all that. Also I had some pretty baller shots with my buddies Vector. I may try one out... may not. But what I would really really really be crazy interested in is if they made a driver that kept in step with the cyclone. Cyclones are awesome, and on in the MVP style would probably be even better.

cfair said:
I think I'll test out an Ion or two with my putter testing. Driving, putting, approach, all that. Also I had some pretty baller shots with my buddies Vector. I may try one out... may not. But what I would really really really be crazy interested in is if they made a driver that kept in step with the cyclone. Cyclones are awesome, and on in the MVP style would probably be even better.

I did a lot of brainstorming with the MVP guys about driver designs...It's interesting to think about when you've experienced how a Voodoo/Wizard compares to an Ion and a Roc/Wasp compares to a Vector. If you can feel the differences in flight that the gyroscopic weight distribution is creating then you can imagine how it might translate to other disc designs.

I think increased gyroscopics will make existing disc designs straighter in general, but I think it will allow more radical disc designs to be explored. Designs that are too overstable or understable with a normal weight distribution may not be with a more gyroscopic weight distribution.

This is a very interesting topic to me because I believe that there is more untapped potential in disc weight distribution than any other avenue currently being explored by disc designers.

I'm excited just thinking about it discspeed. As soon as I saw the Ion for the first time... my first thought was ..."Daaaamn... What if...."

Can't wait for the day they come along. :D

discspeed said:
cfair said:

I did a lot of brainstorming with the MVP guys about driver designs...It's interesting to think about when you've experienced how a Voodoo/Wizard compares to an Ion and a Roc/Wasp compares to a Vector. If you can feel the differences in flight that the gyroscopic weight distribution is creating then you can imagine how it might translate to other disc designs.

I think increased gyroscopics will make existing disc designs straighter in general, but I think it will allow more radical disc designs to be explored. Designs that are too overstable or understable with a normal weight distribution may not be with a more gyroscopic weight distribution.

This is a very interesting topic to me because I believe that there is more untapped potential in disc weight distribution than any other avenue currently being explored by disc designers.

Yeah, of all the new companies I'm guessing MVP will shine above them. I once though Vibram could but they are clueless as to what they are doing... I think they had the same potential as MVP but they're fiddling with their dicks over there. I just really hope they go for something more Cyclone/Gazelle-esque. Also discspeed, I hope to talk to you soon about snaging a couple of Ions. I know you said a heavy and light of both but that is 4 discs running 15 a piece... that is 60 bucks and I don't have that kind of scratch. Also is there going to be a beadless vector released for their understable mid? How far are they from an understable?

cfair said:
discspeed said:
cfair said:

Yeah, of all the new companies I'm guessing MVP will shine above them. I once though Vibram could but they are clueless as to what they are doing... I think they had the same potential as MVP but they're fiddling with their dicks over there. I just really hope they go for something more Cyclone/Gazelle-esque. Also discspeed, I hope to talk to you soon about snaging a couple of Ions. I know you said a heavy and light of both but that is 4 discs running 15 a piece... that is 60 bucks and I don't have that kind of scratch. Also is there going to be a beadless vector released for their understable mid? How far are they from an understable?

Edit: I just posted a rant that was a misunderstanding of your post lol... Carry on. Love my Vectors. A lot.

CatPredator said:
MVP Axis was pdga approved today. 1.3 cm rim width, 21.8 cm diameter. Stable/understable glidey compliment to the Vector?

nice catch. you follow the pdga rss feed or what? :p

mvp_axis.jpg

Axis
Certification No.: 11-34
Outside diameter: 21.8 cm
Inside rim diameter: 19.2 cm
Height: 2.1 cm
Rim depth: 1.3 cm
Rim thickness: 1.3 cm
Flight plate thickness: 0.2 cm
Flight plate to rim plane distance: 1.9 cm
Flexibility rating: 7.37 kg
Rim configuration rating: 43.75
Maximum weight allowed: 180.9 g

Interesting. I would figure that more of the rim would be the overmold. Is there more regular plastic in the rim to reduce the gyro effect? But I think this might be the midrange I've been waiting for.

Sweet! Profile pics? Overmold cutaway pic? Description of flight? Weight range? And most importantly, when will the Axis be available?

Buzzz-killer or beat Roc would be nice, but I would love a gyroscopically-stabilized Comet. :mrgreen:

Oh and please, please, please - make 'em in light weights from the get-go.