• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been absolutely loving my yellow 175 N Anode...It's the most versatile Anode in my arsenal in terms of driving as it seems to hold it's angle of release the truest. It also handles low ceiling better than any of my other MVP putters, and this is key on several holes on one of my home courses that are putter distance but have low hanging branches. I'm not sure if speed or glide or a combination of both is responsible for this low ceiling advantage. I also noticed something curious about my N Anode...It sounds quite a bit different on a solid tree hit, with much more of a "WONK" sound than the Ps.

I've been absolutely loving my yellow 175 N Anode...It's the most versatile Anode in my arsenal in terms of driving as it seems to hold it's angle of release the truest. It also handles low ceiling better than any of my other MVP putters, and this is key on several holes on one of my home courses that are putter distance but have low hanging branches. I'm not sure if speed or glide or a combination of both is responsible for this low ceiling advantage. I also noticed something curious about my N Anode...It sounds quite a bit different on a solid tree hit, with much more of a "WONK" sound than the Ps.

Have you thrown a Lat. 64 Medius premiere edition against a tree - http://www.altitudediscgolf.com/servlet/the-28/Latitude-64-Medius-Driver/Detail if so is that the sound you are describing?

I'm in love with my yellow n Anode. I was religious about putting with soft putters for years until I got the two test neutron Anodes. My last round I birdied a lot of the hardest holes on my home course during doubles, drilling 5 40-60' lasers. I just ordered two more yellows for practicing putts and a pair of whites to drive with. I don't know what it is about them that made me switch to the firmer blend but it's been working well for me.

They are also glide machines off the tee. I've been having such clean shots on anything under 300' with them. I used to use soft putters for everything, only threw mediums when I was testing out new putters MVP sent me, but these Neutrons have me converted for putts and drives.

^^^ It probably seems like hyperbole to the outsider, but Neutron plastic has a truly great feel. It's really that good. And I'm saying this as someone who says "it doesn't matter what you throw." I gaurantee that MVP would see some converts if Wizard, and Aviar throwers tried out the Neutron Ion, or Anode.

For putters, Neutron is the perfect combo of grip, and firmness. Can't wait to see how it handles for the rest of MVP's lineup.

Looking at my Neutron Anode and Proton Anodes side by side on a flat table, and holding them in my hands, I think the Neutrons are just a tiny bit flatter. Maybe this makes them fly a hair faster?

I'm still waiting for that dang volt, but my wraith and teebird will cover the gaps for now

So... is MVP ever going to release Neutron Soft plastic? Just wondering.

I normally don't rave about the color of a disc, but I seriously think my new reddish orange neutron anode is the prettiest colored disc I've ever seen. I struggle between wanting to hold it, and wanting to throw it. Because it flies as good as it looks.

Makes sense with it falling between the two. Soft is too soft for my use down here in Texas.

that's what i figured. anybody notice any discernable difference in flight with the neutron plastic and the proton medium?

that's what i figured. anybody notice any discernable difference in flight with the neutron plastic and the proton medium?
My neutron Anode seems to have slightly more glide than my protons. This sentiment is being echoed by others in some of the other MVP threads.

I get a crisper release with the neutron in both the ion and anode. They seem to have a slightly higher speed and more glide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts