• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Is there an MVP disc with -1 turn and like a 2 or 3 fade? The "mullet" of discs? Little turn upfront big fade in the back? The more I look at my bag the more I see this pattern. It's what I learned to throw. Ridiculously wide, heavy as heck, shapes like dream. It explains so much.

There are a bunch that come close to that depending on what speed you're looking for. My vote for something with a decent amount of turn followed by a reliable fade would be the Volt. Max Weight Fission gives me the most fade at the end.
- Servo
- Tesla
- Volt
- Wrath
- Zenith
- Trace
- Photon
- Defy
- Octane
- Panic
- Nitro

Does someone want to help me out and tell me what PP means in MVP speak? My brain keeps freaking out and trying to figure out when Paige Pierce was MVP sponsored.

Others have answered what PP means regarding discs...but you might also see PFN some times. That means Pre Flight Numbers.

PP and PFN are common ways to identify older discs....and sometimes the value is more for those types of discs.

There are a bunch that come close to that depending on what speed you're looking for. My vote for something with a decent amount of turn followed by a reliable fade would be the Volt. Max Weight Fission gives me the most fade at the end.
- Servo
- Tesla
- Volt
- Wrath
- Zenith
- Trace
- Photon
- Defy
- Octane
- Panic
- Nitro

I'm by no means a lightweight when it comes to throwing but also not godlike either. I have thrown my insanity 450. I have thrown waves 470. But the volts I have bought recently just don't turn. They are a slightly pointy-er (in the hand) and slightly less stable Terra. I am trying out the electron Terra to see if I can get a cycle going.

Zenith is surprisingly flippy because I saw the -0.5 2 and assumed it would be volt like and boy was a wrong...and boy do I love it for being exactly -0.5 2.

Defy is the option I was thinking of for the -1 3. The problem I see is that when you start to talk about 3 fade, I don't care what the turn is stated on the disc, I never seen that -1 turn until it beats in quite a bit.

Thanks folks... I think I'm looking more in the mid dept.. If it's got that kind of fade I need something in a low speed bracket or really light. My old 143 fizz photon is a good suggestion, thanks!

Thanks folks... I think I'm looking more in the mid dept.. If it's got that kind of fade I need something in a low speed bracket or really light. My old 143 fizz photon is a good suggestion, thanks!

My arm speed isn't great and I've only seen that turn and fade in a Servo, but the fade is starting to fade a little on mine. I love it.

Sounds like you want a Clash, but the Servo might be the closest currently produced Frisbee.

Sounds like you want a Clash, but the Servo might be the closest currently produced Frisbee.

I would consider bagging a Clash if they were still available. That was a massively underrated disc.

Tell me those aren't all in the bag at the same time. I can't even have discs that are close to the same color in the bag without throwing the wrong one by accident. Sometimes with VERY different results than I was expecting.

i don't throw gold, just keep it in the safe... ;)

btw, when i do have same color in the bag, i always identify disc, as not to f up! ;)

giphy.gif

I have one identical Inertia, thought it was easy to spot but blends surprisingly hard, even in the grass.

My glow mid game would be set if Discraft would come up with decent glow plastic for Comets and Zones. I rarely play glow rounds so I'll just throw them in the sun.

Finally got another backup Reactor, the bright white rim was begging for a pink dye. Eclipse Reactor is freaking money for me, encroaching on fairway distance FH.

Threw the Lizotle a couple rounds and it's sweet. Love the plastic, I think it has maybe an arsehair more stability than neutron.

Attachments

• PXL_20230221_143936783.jpg
    PXL_20230221_143936783.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 36
My entire bag is pretty much white, though I throw mostly Axiom, so the rims are different colors. Also, since I only carry 6 discs, I can tell by rim feel alone which disc I'm grabbing pretty quickly.

My glow mid game would be set if Discraft would come up with decent glow plastic for Comets and Zones. I rarely play glow rounds so I'll just throw them in the sun.

Finally got another backup Reactor, the bright white rim was begging for a pink dye. Eclipse Reactor is freaking money for me, encroaching on fairway distance FH.

Threw the Lizotle a couple rounds and it's sweet. Love the plastic, I think it has maybe an arsehair more stability than neutron.

Eclipse Reactor is the disc that made me really incorporate FH more into my game.

Reactor is great. Have 2nd lab cosmic electron that kicked the C-line MD3 out of the bag. Bought one in eclipse for glow. It is a bit more stable than the cosmic electron.

Would love to find a lizotle, but I've been to slow on the draw

Before the reactor a buddy gave me a runway. Been bagging that and even bought another as a backup. Great OS mid. Was still hesitant about the gyro tech.

Found an unmarked eclipse envy that seems beat in at a local 9 hole a couple weeks later. No one else on the course and no drop box, so I kept it. Again, it seemed flatter than what I had in my bag for similar shots, the the metal flake Alpaca I kept in my bag. Enjoyed it a lot. Moved it to by glow bag and bought a new one that is more stable.

Now I also bag a electron soft proxy, glitch, and a resistor for the glow bag.

Bought a cosmic electron crave and took it out to my local course for 34 holes yesterday. Thing flies dead straight. Excited to throw it more.

I have a similarly colorless Pyro, but with a white plate. Technically the rim has a small trail of grey/black that looks like smoke going around it, but otherwise it's colorless. Pretty cool if you ask me. Wish is was more common with Prism.