• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

Have one and it works great! I have witnessed to many spit outs though and no longer use them for putting.

I have seen just as many spit outs with, magnets,xd,challengers and aviars. I love my ions I just ordered to more, soft proton 173g UV Blues. That will give me 11 in total
3-2nd run mediums
1-2nd run soft
1-3rd run soft
2-proton mediums
2-proton softs
2-elcipse proton mediums

How do you distinguish a UV Blue?

Yep, mine is a soft proton.

These MVP discs feel great. I will probably get some to fill my mid slots at some point.

I haven't been seeing any spit outs other than bad shots. They go where and how you throw them. Throw it badly and it flies badly. I know this much, I landed so many long putts yesterday, it wasn't funny....it was freekin AWESOME!!!:D Ions are in my bag to stay.

Yeah, I thought my 170's would be a lot straighter than my 174's, but they're about the same. I've got one @164 and it's more what I was looking for.

I'm on the hunt for a mid 160's Soft to audition for putting. I putt with a 171 S and it glides just a touch better than my 175's, but my 164 M has much better glide than any 170's Ion I've thrown. I just can't get used to putting with a stiff putter, I've always used putters that had a bit of flex to their flight plate.

The 164's are pretty fun to throw. they are definitely more touchy, but it's not the disc, it's the person throwing them. If you throw them clean they'll fly exactly how you want them to and have very impressive glide, but if you mess up your throw with a little anny or something, even on a 30' putt they'll tell you that you messed up. Even if I didn't end up putting with a 164 S Ion should I find one, I'd use one after a bad day of putting to clean up my form.

Yeah why would anyone buy like 5 of em, when you can buy like 10 of em? :D

It's probably good I don't have a larger bag or I'd probably roll around with 4-5 in my bag at all times. I have an unhealthy obsession with putters.

had anyone seen a difference in the flight paths of the discs between the normal ions compared to the glow ions? i throw a couple mediums now as drivers and am looking to get a couple softs to mess around with inside the circle.

the clears all seem to fly the same to me. glo or not. all my clears and opaques fly the same with the exception of one lighter one. it seems that weight is more of a factor than plastic. some say the clear proton runs are more stable than the second and third runs of opaque, but i havent found this to be the case with mine.(only have one second run, and a few third so my experience is limited)

the clears all seem to fly the same to me. glo or not. all my clears and opaques fly the same with the exception of one lighter one. it seems that weight is more of a factor than plastic. some say the clear proton runs are more stable than the second and third runs of opaque, but i havent found this to be the case with mine.(only have one second run, and a few third so my experience is limited)

The 3rd and 4th (current run) are very similar, if not identical, in flight. The 2nd runs are less stable than both, but not as understable as the 1sts.

Do you guys (and gals) find that all of your softs have the same "softness" or flex to them? I have 2 new soft pink eclipse glows and one new soft clear magenta. These all feel identical. I also just got a soft white opaque from a trade and it is softer than the other three. There is more flex in the rim and the flight plate. Anyone have this experience as well? The mediums I have handled are too stiff for my putting taste, but the newest soft opaque that I have is almost too soft for my liking. Call me Goldilocks, but the other 3 softs that I have are just right. What are your experiences? Just wonder if I should be staying away from certain runs/colors.

the 2nd runs kind of vary disc by disc. Some are softer than others.
the 3rd runs are more uniformly soft. On the softer side of the 2nd runs.
and the 4th (current) runs are definitely not as soft as either of the previous two runs.

My opaques are a touch softer than my clears too. Glows seem to be the stiffest softs I've tried so far. I do have a 171 purple current run that's broken in to be very soft and grippy, it's real close to how my 3rd runs feel. It's just gotten grippier the more I use it.

Just picked up my first Ions this week. I have really taken to them. I can't wait until it gets warmer and my grip improves.