• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

I actually like mine to putt within 30 as well. It also acts nothing like my buzzz (I have multiple in different weights/ plastics.) My ions are much more controllable under 200'.

I don't understand why you would want people using the Ion to stop and start using something made by Innova or Discraft? Unless you have stock in one of those companies, what does it matter what someone else throws for their putters?
I'm onboard with this post. I've seen MVP and Vibram openly reaching out to our community. Why shouldn't we reward companies that make an honest effort to improve the sport and include us in the feedback process?

yeah that comparison between the roc/buzzz and ion was right out of the back seat of the short bus.

My Ion is much better for putting than my TeeRex.

I'm jus sayin'.

i heard there was a new ventura plastic company...kind of an odd name for their flagship though, isnt it?:\

yeah that comparison between the roc/buzzz and ion was right out of the back seat of the short bus.

Lol'ed :thmbup:

Yeah, sorry djeremiah (sic) but you are wrong on at least one particular aspect, the Ion is the only versatile, non-gimmicky disc (gumbputt) that can take tree kicks so lightly. If you play wooded courses, the Ion is a game changer, you can quote me on that.

On a related note, I've noticed that the Ion makes two distinct noises after hitting trees, Fwap, and Fwomp. Discuss.

Can always count on Frank D. Niiice.

So becasue I wanted to try the new disc form the company, and happened to have the $$ to do so, I am foolish. Good to know. I will try not to buy anything new in the future unless it comes from GE, Honeywell, IBM or some other old, large company. Those new companies over the years certainly haven't brought us anything good. I mean, come on, Cisco, Apple, Microsoft (sorry haters), Google, Pfizer, etc all have made NO difference in our lives. And those new Lexus and Infiniti cars certainly have nothing good to offer.

But I will agree with the point that a new disc won't totally make the golfer. The golfer's skills and efforts make the most difference, but a disc can help to some extent.

Lol'ed :thmbup:

Yeah, sorry djeremiah (sic) but you are wrong on at least one particular aspect, the Ion is the only versatile, non-gimmicky disc (gumbputt) that can take tree kicks so lightly. If you play wooded courses, the Ion is a game changer, you can quote me on that.

On a related note, I've noticed that the Ion makes two distinct noises after hitting trees, Fwap, and Fwomp. Discuss.

the Ion and TP comets compete for the oddest sounds made when hitting trees.