• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Putter or VIBRAM putter?

Which putter would serve me best (similiar feel as my Magic) Can pick 2 if needed

• Anode

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • VP

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Summit

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Sole

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Ridge

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Other - Please explain

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters

joshuajames

Double Eagle Member
Please help me decide which putter(s) would be best...

I currently use HPP Magic for most all putting situations. On occasion I use my grip line Pure.

Not wanting to carry more than 3 putters. (prefer just 2 if possible)

I am looking for putter that will hold a straight line and take powering up or down.

Also I'm not too interested in beaded putters, they just don't feel right. (maybe that gives the Ion the boot)

Maybe something good in windy conditions.

Also I included the Other Poll category, if you choose that please let me know what you think in a post.

Any input would be great!

Last edited:
Summit could replace your Magic. Did mine. And along with that, I am now carrying Summits for putting and Anodes for throwing. I have yet to receive my soft Anodes to see if it might eventually just take putting over as well.

I tried Vibrams for quite a while, Summits, VP's, and Ridges. There is just no comparison between them and Ions. Haven't thrown Anodes yet, but MVP Ions all the way.

Vibrams to me seemed like glidless chunks of junk when compared to MVP, honestly.

If you don't want something beaded, it is going to be tough to find something that is good into the wind.

That's pretty good conventional wisdom, but a lot of today's putter class discs are beadless and good in the wind...Zone, Ringer, Jokeri, and the Anode and Summit are good as well in the wind.

Vibrams have less than average glide for a putter and MVP's have greater than average glide. For the really short range stuff, including puts, I like the lack of glide of the Vibrams. For longer range, where I want more glide, I can just use my mids. I have both a Ion and Anode and I'm having a hard time fitting them in because they act so much like mids. Also, the Summit is much less stable than the Ion and Anode, which makes it more usable for me for close range shots.

But to answer your question, the Summit will be similar in feel and stability compared to a Magic. But that means it won't stay straight if you give it too much power, so it won't handle powering up that well. If you step up to a Ridge it will be able to handle more power but you have a bead to deal with. So I guess an Anode would fit your criteria the best, since you get some stability without the bead, but nothing is going to fit all your criteria very well.

That's pretty good conventional wisdom, but a lot of today's putter class discs are beadless and good in the wind...Zone, Ringer, Jokeri, and the Anode and Summit are good as well in the wind.

Good to know. You are vastly more experienced than I am, so I trust your wisdom.

Now I might need to find a new wind putter, because I also prefer beadless.

Summit could replace your Magic. Did mine. And along with that, I am now carrying Summits for putting and Ions for throwing. I have yet to try soft Anodes.

Fixed that for me.

Vibrams have less than average glide for a putter and MVP's have greater than average glide. For the really short range stuff, including puts, I like the lack of glide of the Vibrams. For longer range, where I want more glide, I can just use my mids. I have both a Ion and Anode and I'm having a hard time fitting them in because they act so much like mids. Also, the Summit is much less stable than the Ion and Anode, which makes it more usable for me for close range shots.

But to answer your question, the Summit will be similar in feel and stability compared to a Magic. But that means it won't stay straight if you give it too much power, so it won't handle powering up that well. If you step up to a Ridge it will be able to handle more power but you have a bead to deal with. So I guess an Anode would fit your criteria the best, since you get some stability without the bead, but nothing is going to fit all your criteria very well.

well luckily for me, I feel my Fuse is on the longer side of mids so I have no problem carrying the Anode as almost a tweener between putter and mid.

It never made the bag but the Sole was a very straight flier that was decent in moderate winds. I was using Magics at the time & didn't want to switch to the Sole. I did use it exclusively for a few rounds to fulfill my tester duties & thought it was pretty solid

I carry a Medium Summit for anhyzer putts and an ion for straight putts and occasionally stable putts. I tend to lean on my KC Pro Roc or Vector for dog leg putts though. I think the Summit and Ion compliment each other fantastically.

I carry a Medium Summit for anhyzer putts and an ion for straight putts

Ditto. I switched from Magic/Wizard to a Summit/Ion last year and haven't looked back. I use the summit (I push putt) for putts inside the circle, and the Ion for uphill, long, or jump putts where I want additional glide.

However, I don't think the Summit "feels" anything like a Magic. It's a much shallower profile, and it took me awhile to get used to that.

I decided to try out some new putters this winter and decided to get an Ion and a Summit. Over the winter the ion has definitely dominated. The ion is much more controllable at any distance than the summit imo. My suggestion is to go to your local disc store and fondle the putters. Find something that feels right.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Just really wanted switch things up for this year.

Sounds like a summit might be one choice. The Anode seems to get tons of love.

Didn't think about the Jokeri, that could be an option!

I don't know what happened, but I switched from spin putting with an Ion to push putting with the Summit.

Lack of glide? I guess, but it goes the distance for me so far.

Basically, another vote for Summit