• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Ooooh...my NutSac is getting excited. :gross:

Six discs for my nut sac. Soft Proton Anode, (Flat) Neutron Axis, (Dome City) Neutron Vector, 170g Neutron Volt, Avery Jenkins 172g Star Destroyer...also dome city, Neutron Tangent. It's going to be a good year.

I'd add that I think the Tangent matches or surpasses the glide of my flat fr axis and worn axis, while being more forgiving. My worn Axis turns over a bit easier and fades laterally more when it slows down.

So, is the Tangent not that understable? It sounds like a better Axis from y'all's accounts. :confused:

It's a little more understable than a new Axis, but compared to my most beat Axis its a straighter flight. I can give it much more power with it flying stable than I can my beat Axis, throwing each with a bit of hyzer. Either will do a turnover if I throw them flat and hard, but the Tangents turn feels a bit more predictable. Either one fades less than a new Axis, but the beat Axis fades more laterally if I throw say a 325' shot 30' high with some hyzer. Tangents have an impressive ability to be thrown well past 300' and hardly fade off the line.

It's more like a Comet or Fuse than a Stingray or understable version of the Gateway Element.

So, is the Tangent not that understable? It sounds like a better Axis from y'all's accounts. :confused:

A better flat FR Axis perhaps. My N Axis is something else, fast and stable more like a new Z Buzz.

The round nose and prominent bead separate it from most discs in its class.

I know what you mean.. i bought WAY too many lately, i have around 10 of each disc laying around the house, so many i have been practically giving them away to people, spreading the MVP love :)

People are really starting to catch on to MVP in my area almost everyone i know has an MVP disc in their bag that they throw regularly.

Whats funny is the people who don't like MVP are the older guys who have hundreds of dollars invested in CE and other rares.

WHaa, if you got any amps on the cheap let me know =)

I still have a lot more tangent fun to have, but at this point I could see my mid setup going like this:
Tangent
N Axis
N Vector
P Vector

Also, the tangent is the first new MVP disc since N debuted that I'm excited to throw in P plastic. IMO the clear stuff is a little more slow and floaty than N plastic and that will really play to the tangent's strengths

Ive been giving away aime MVP discs lately too..just gave an Ion to one of the guys on my card at my tourney today. MVP is pretty popular in CO, especially down south in the Pueblo area. I'm pretty excited for the Tangent. I thought the Axis was a great mid, but I think the Tangent will be much more controllable at my skill level. I still like my King Cobra for straight lines with some fade, but I can see myself doing some true mid range shot shaping with the Tangent!

It's more like a Comet or Fuse than a Stingray or understable version of the Gateway Element.
Thanks for the clarification. That's what I inferred from your vids. :thmbup:
A better flat FR Axis perhaps. My N Axis is something else, fast and stable more like a new Z Buzz.

The round nose and prominent bead separate it from most discs in its class.

So my beat FR Axis and a Tangent will be pretty overlappy but a N Axis with dome and a Tangent will be good buddies? I recently made my FR green Axis domey to get rid of some late flight turn and now I'm curious if I should get a Tangent first or a nice gradual dome N Axis. Damn you MVP, just when I thought I had mids figured out.

I will often give my playing partners one of my MVP discs to try out for the round. If they really groove with it I will often give it or another one like it to them. I just gave away my backup driving putter in this manner. It's all good because in general new run MVP discs seem to always be a little better than my old ones...

Thanks for the clarification. That's what I inferred from your vids. :thmbup:

So my beat FR Axis and a Tangent will be pretty overlappy but a N Axis with dome and a Tangent will be good buddies? I recently made my FR green Axis domey to get rid of some late flight turn and now I'm curious if I should get a Tangent first or a nice gradual dome N Axis. Damn you MVP, just when I thought I had mids figured out.

The domey N Axis are the most over stable axis I have thrown. I use the flat ones as they have less LSS. I think N Vector and Tangent are probably MVPs best1-2 punch for MVP.

What I liked about my flat FR Axis was it was really HSS w/o having a lot of LSS, ridiculously easy to throw straight. Since it has worn in, sometimes it finishes straight, sometimes it tracks right. So as long as this Tangent stays straight as it wears in, it could be that perfectly stable mid I've been looking for.

Mike said it is similar to heavy Opto Fuse in earlier posting. So it seems like Tangent is hair more stable than GL Fuse (I only use GL ones) out of box. So for me, I would like to have two Tangent in my bag, one seasoned and one new. It will be lot of fun throwing long downhill holes with Tangent. :)

Ahh I missed that about the heavy opto. I was drooling to heavily and not concentrating hard enough it appears. Thank you kindly

Can you get the same distance as the Axis or is it more putter length? Is there/will there be preordering available?

Community Discs, and Infinite Discs have pre-ordering available for the Tangent.

Can you get the same distance as the Axis or is it more putter length? Is there/will there be preordering available?

Same distance potential. If MVP made their mids any shorter they would be surpassed by their putters.