• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Let me know what you think Discspeed, this seems like a disc you'll really enjoy.

Planning to shoot another round at a more wooded course today. Lincoln Park in Massillon, Portage Lakes in Akron or Wildwood in Louisville. Should be able to film it too.

Outstanding Mike....keep them coming.....btw did anybody else notice he wore a plaid shirt in this last vid....somebody requested that....too lazy to look back at who it was....something about the squares to well with round discs or something like that.

Haha. Talk about fan service.

Anyways might just go toss with friends at arb instead. I'll try to come up with different shots than last vid at least, and probably have them try them out too so newer, lower power players can get an idea of how they'd work for them. Either eay my goal is to get an ace or hit chains today. I was really feeling it yesterday once I got a feel for them. I'm real pumped for today, even a little warmer out.

I just played a round with my Tangents and once again MVP has made me very happy. A few key points that I noticed:
-Slow turn...it has a good sized bead and this really slows the turning rate compared to other modern understable mids (most of which are beadless)
-A touch slower than the Axis/Vector, though still in the same general speed class
-Great feel...Even though I usually prefer the feel of a beadless disc, the roundness of the nose somehow makes up for that
-Stability is similar to the green FR Axis, but the rate of turn is slower and it takes power better
-In flight the lines look like a putter--sort of like a Comet or QMS
-Easiest MVP mid to through straight
-Flies better at short distances/lower armspeed than Axis and Vector
-Great approach, sticks better than Axis
-Worked very well with my FH
-Not all that understable, yet holds a turn very easy
-FUN FUN FUN one-disc-round disc
-My discs are several grams apart yet fly quite similar stability-wise

Last edited:
Wow. I was going to try to wait till summer to buy one of these, but the early reviews on this disc are making that really hard. This has me as or more excited than for their first two driver releases.

Discspeed, what do you think is going to happen with your mid setup? My heavier one is stable enough that I feel like I could carry the tangents and a Vector or two. I'm keeping a Neutron Axis in my bag for now but the Tangent is definitely stealing certain holes from it.

What you wrote sounds pretty spot on.

Does the axis have more distance potential than the tangent?
What is the benefit to it over a seasoned axis?

I find myself wanting more and more of MVP's discs...

I know what you mean.. i bought WAY too many lately, i have around 10 of each disc laying around the house, so many i have been practically giving them away to people, spreading the MVP love :)

People are really starting to catch on to MVP in my area almost everyone i know has an MVP disc in their bag that they throw regularly.

Whats funny is the people who don't like MVP are the older guys who have hundreds of dollars invested in CE and other rares.

Another vid on the way. Threw nothin but poop all day but its still fun seeing how the new disc behaves.

Does the axis have more distance potential than the tangent?
What is the benefit to it over a seasoned axis?

Tangent is slower so it has a bigger sweet spot on lower power shots before it turns too hard or stalls out and fades. Even my best understable axis is tricky to hit the sweet spot inside 250.

I'd add that I think the Tangent matches or surpasses the glide of my flat fr axis and worn axis, while being more forgiving. My worn Axis turns over a bit easier and fades laterally more when it slows down.

Not the best performance on my part but you can see some more Tangent flights.