• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I have two pieces of good news.

1. The MVP Tangent is a nice disc.

2. I fixed my PC. Might be using it for something at the moment.

What weights and colors? I got 171 green and 177 white and noticed a slight difference in stability according to their weight. I have a lot of things to say about them in a minute. For now here are two photos.

http://i.imgur.com/sCXpcXX.jpg

FmoAbe8.png

I've got a lot more I'll write later but I'll post a brief description while I'm editing.

It felt a lot like a heavy new Fuse in that it had extremely good glide, was very smooth in the air, and was able to lock on to whatever line I tried to put it on.

The thing that makes this disc stand out from discs like the Fuse, Buzz SS and similar, is how easy it is to get it on a perfectly straight flight path. Even when I was cranking the Tangent out to the 350-380' range I was able to get stable flights using a little hyzer. I did not have to hold back at all to keep it under control. Between the Gyro and bead, it feels like when I'm watching this disc fly, thrown that hard with some hyzer it wants to turn over more than it does, but the gyro just locks it into a straight flight path. Its hard to put into words, hopefully it shows up in the video.

It also holds a beautidul anny and can do a gentle turnover released flat with power. Thrown typical approach distances flat you have the easiest disc ever to perform zero fade, true straight shots with, fh or bh.

This disc is going to destroy wooded fairways. It's so neat watching it hold a hyzer angle for 300', never flipping to flat, and only fading a few feet extremely late in its flight. The glide on this blows the Axis and Anode right out of the water.

Ah I gotta stop myself. Back to the video...

Last edited:
I've got a lot more I'll write later but I'll post a brief description while I'm editing.

It felt a lot like a heavy new Fuse in that it had extremely good glide, was very smooth in the air, and was able to lock on to whatever line I tried to put it on.

The thing that makes this disc stand out from discs like the Fuse, Buzz SS and similar, is how easy it is to get it on a perfectly straight flight path. Even when I was cranking the Tangent out to the 350-380' range I was able to get stable flights using a little hyzer. I did not have to hold back at all to keep it under control. Between the Gyro and bead, it feels like when I'm watching this disc fly, thrown that hard with some hyzer it wants to turn over more than it does, but the gyro just locks it into a straight flight path. Its hard to put into words, hopefully it shows up in the video.

It also holds a beautidul anny and can do a gentle turnover released flat with power. Thrown typical approach distances flat you have the easiest disc ever to perform zero fade, true straight shots with, fh or bh.

This disc is going to destroy wooded fairways. It's so neat watching it hold a hyzer angle for 300', never flipping to flat, and only fading a few feet extremely late in its flight. The glide on this blows the Axis and Anode right out of the water.

Ah I gotta stop myself. Back to the video...

This is what I've been looking for! Just not sure about the bead...

The bead will be noticeable in the hand. I think it feels fine but everyone has their own peferences.

Beads on understable molds generally make their turn more gradual and predictable in my experience. I think the bead + gyro and the understable wing design creates an interesting flight. Just tons of glide and control.

I'm not so sure about the bead either, but I'm not letting it stop me! Mike, stop posting things, it's getting harder and harder to wait the more you post.

The bead will be noticeable in the hand. I think it feels fine but everyone has their own peferences.

Beads on understable molds generally make their turn more gradual and predictable in my experience. I think the bead + gyro and the understable wing design creates an interesting flight. Just tons of glide and control.

I have no problem driving with my Ions, so the bead won't bother me. Would love to see a video though, the gyro tech should make for a slower turn phase.

MVP keeps this up and it will be a slim market for all the major disc companies. Only the most superior companies will survive the next 5 years.. I see Innova, Discraft, Lat64, Prodigy, and MVP as the last companies to have a foot in the door before things really take off. The rest will be left in the dust :clap:

I'm pretty jazzed about this. I've always felt the Pure was very much a "point and shoot" disc, holding any line. The notion of getting a longer one is really exciting!

For those in Austin

I will have 2 testers Tangents at my free clinic tomorrow at Disc Nation(9:30-10:30am)

They will be in the store up until the release as well

Latest posts