• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

True. It wasn't Flagstaff that I am aware of. Saw some photos of where the DBacks hold spring training, I believe near Tucson.

Yeah, it snowed in Tucson and here in Phoenix. My yard got a nice dusting. It's already back in the 60's now, so it's all good.

I arrive Sunday morning.

Hit me up if you would like to meet for a round. Don't try to play Fountain Hills on Sunday as the fair is in town and located right next to the park. Some holes won't be playable, and the rest of the course will likely be packed with tourists.

Could you elaborate on your style of play and how it suits you? I have thrown Pures much (at all I don't think). Specifically, does it like to be hyzer flipped or does it like to lock onto a line? It sounds like the former since neutral is being thrown around. TIA
Well between my DGR name Leopard, being balls-deep in Millennium for several years, and taught mostly by Millennium staff/throwers... safe to say I prefer a neutral-to-understable speed-responsive flight. I hyzerflip everything, from shallow to deep releases. I don't have a lot of armspeed so I get more workability out of neutral and slow stuff than most throwers. I have no sidearm game but my flippy game is legit. Due to being set for life on QMS and Coyotes, I've only thrown a Fuse a handful of times.

The Tangent was hyzer-flipping nicely and then locking onto a line. I was getting these super low laser-beams by flipping it up to flat, where it would carry that flat angle. And into the mild headwind I could do some Leopard-y stuff like a high flip-to-turnover.

Basically with so much of my control coming from tweaking the disc with angles and speed and height, it was instantly more usable than the Vector for me. Also I've used worn-ish SuperSofts for midrange and weird tweak shots a bunch, and it was a familiar stability to throwing a very pure high-spin shot with the SS, where it would get a controllable turn.

tl;dr: Tangent sits nicely in the speed/stability zone where I can mess with its thresholds and carve lines with smooth throws.

Most like a pure, but more workable

And faster/longer

I'll review it in depth when I get more play with it

But it holds all types of lines. Thrown flat it flips up and turns out slow. It was holding controlled hyzers with ease. It loves low lines, and laser shots

More workable than any MVP mid/putter

Easy to range. Very well balanced design

It's easier to range based on speed

So that says less glide to me. Well less than the Axis. But glide is tough to judge on MVP for me. They all have outstanding glide

More workable than any MVP mid/putter

Whoa, whoa, whoa. More workable than the old Soft Ions, the textured opaque ones with the smaller beads?

Okay, it's official. I'm gonna have to get one of these sooner than later. Might be my first foray into neutron plastic.

damnit I'm just getting really comfortable with my Fuse and this happens

Whoa, whoa, whoa. More workable than the old Soft Ions, the textured opaque ones with the smaller beads?

Okay, it's official. I'm gonna have to get one of these sooner than later. Might be my first foray into neutron plastic.

Let's say current stock MVP