• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I know... :eek: patiently waiting here for the UPS truck to come and go without my package :p
Instantly I pictured "the UPS truck" as Sam B. cruising through town in an ice-cream truck (music and all) yelling at teenagers that their thoughts are stupid, then drive-by paintballing them.

How accurate am I?

Because I've also got Mike C skateboarding McFly style off your bumper, swinging his shirt over his head, stuntin' on hoes via indie lyrics.

Midrange Pure. it's a freaking midrange Pure.
and as far as we can tell, it's an entirely unique disc. the Pure does its thing well and has some controllable turn in its upper range -- the Tangent does those flights but with about Speed 4.5 and a longer range. it reminded us of the Pure and Classic Roc in the hand, but with a tweener speed and a true neutral-stable flight.

ZJ and I just threw it outside the warehouse and hands-down, my new favorite MVP model. it suits my throw and style of play... I really love the Coyote and this was more magical. I was throwing it back to ZJ in a headwind and got some really smooth 3-foot-high cruisers. and probably 50% of our experimental shots were landing within 15'... this seems like a technical course-destroyer. really, really digging this model. hope the testers get theirs soon for some variety of feedback.

Super stoked that I pre-ordered one. Can we please get a Disc Nation video for the three MVP midranges? This sounds like a great disc for beginners.

Can we please get a Disc Nation video for the three MVP midranges? This sounds like a great disc for beginners.
Not sure if we've got the time to do all three, but we're planning to shoot some quick stuff at the course.

Obviously this is a limited sample, but how would you compare its flight to the Axis?
SLAB. (slow, low, and bangin')
It's a half-tick slower in the air and a tick less stable. Since ZJ's such a big fan of the N-Axis it's probably the main thing we'd compare it to with a video.

Last edited:
See I knew it was destiny when my wife gave me money to spend on discs the day the tangent was announced ! Thank you 30 year savings bonds

the CAD profile you seek is found here on the MVP site

it's a bead, but neither a big fatty or a microbead. holding it up to an N-Ion, it's about the same exposed core-wall area forming a bead.

Thanks. Doesn't look too drastic, to be sure. And if they come out as flat as the profile on the site demonstrates, I will be pretty excited to give it a shot. I love flat mids.

and as far as we can tell, it's an entirely unique disc. the Pure does its thing well and has some controllable turn in its upper range -- the Tangent does those flights but with about Speed 4.5 and a longer range. it reminded us of the Pure and Classic Roc in the hand, but with a tweener speed and a true neutral-stable flight.

:eek: I never expected it to be a longer pure like disc... Guess I'll have to try one now! Really was thinking this wouldn't have a spot in the bag but maybe out do the andodes/ions for driving which stilllllll haven't replaced the good old pure entirely. Thanks for the review ZAM! :clap:

And if they come out as flat as the profile on the site demonstrates, I will be pretty excited to give it a shot. I love flat mids.
Wouldn't you know, hot off the press...
Our Wholesale Manager is a FIEND for Classic Rocs and Gators, all the old original pricey stuff, nothing new and adulterated. With no context of this discussion, he was in here fondling the Tangents and said, "I really like how FLAT these are... it reminds me of that firm flat top of a Gator or a Classic Roc."
:clap:

If the Tangent is just a tick more US than the Axis, I feel as though that's just too close for me. I find the Fuse to be a lot more US than my Axis, and keep it for just how easy it is to turn.

I guess it's one and a half dozen the other, but I just like my Fuse too much. I'm picky about MVP discs, though. I kept the Anode/Axis/Volt/Amp, but I have just found some discs to better fill the slots that the Vector and Ion held. I worry about overlap in my bag, and I just think the Tangent might get forgotten for that reason.

If it was purely based off of aesthetics, I would only buy MVP, but I would need to hear it's better and more capable than a Fuse to get into my bag.

ZJ and I just threw it outside the warehouse and hands-down, my new favorite MVP model. it suits my throw and style of play... I really love the Coyote and this was more magical. I was throwing it back to ZJ in a headwind and got some really smooth 3-foot-high cruisers. and probably 50% of our experimental shots were landing within 15'... this seems like a technical course-destroyer. really, really digging this model. hope the testers get theirs soon for some variety of feedback.
Could you elaborate on your style of play and how it suits you? I have thrown Pures much (at all I don't think). Specifically, does it like to be hyzer flipped or does it like to lock onto a line? It sounds like the former since neutral is being thrown around. TIA

Your "tick" and my "tick" of stability might mean very different things, so don't let that concern you yet.

We were thinking of filming right after ZJ teaches a clinic at the store this weekend... so if I run across any Fuse throwers, we might get their tests/opinions.

Instantly I pictured "the UPS truck" as Sam B. cruising through town in an ice-cream truck (music and all) yelling at teenagers that their thoughts are stupid, then drive-by paintballing them.

How accurate am I?

Because I've also got Mike C skateboarding McFly style off your bumper, swinging his shirt over his head, stuntin' on hoes via indie lyrics.

Haha, that's pretty damn accurate. :D

About to go see if UPS actually is doing a good job this time and delivering something to me not a week after it's supposed to be here.

Latest posts