• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Thanks for keeping the shot that looked like it was going to split the V shaped tree, yet hit both sides :)

I love watching this disc hyzer flip. Great throws, great videos Mike! :thmbup:

great video mike. looking forward to this disc. also weird coincidence you used that song. ive been listening to nick drake a lot lately and especially that song. i was pleasantly surprised hearing it in your vid.

I for one hate your videos sir. I watch them and see all these awesome shots, get all hyped up, and buy the disc. Then I go out and throw said discs and all my shots look like complete dung! wtf!

It's like you're better than me or something! = P

(In case of failed sarcasm checks... Keep up the good work. lol)

To those that have thrown them: would you say, on Blakes scale, is the power requirement lower than the axis?

This disc just looks really fun to throw. If it's really easy to power down, I might drop the Ion, Anode and Polecat from my bag.

If it's not too much trouble, can somebody do a profile side by side pic of the Axis and Tangent?

This is definitely becoming one of the funnest mid-ranges I have thrown in a long time. Truly one of the best "new" mid's released in years. I said the same about the Volt, best new driver in years. I say new because the unique profile(nothing like it really) balances perfectly with the GYRO tech. It reminds me a lot of something in between a Gremlin and Panther, but easier to control than both. The rims aren't the same as those 2 but the types of lines are. I feel pretty confident I could take this thing to a Roc vs Buzzz challenge and beat everyone.

If I can see the line, the Tangent will hit it. Holds most hyzers up to 350ft but when you need the turn/flip it is predictable. I still haven't really tried to go past 350ft but I'll test it out later this weekend. Felt like I had been throwing the Tangent my whole life. I was telling ZAM it is like having a remote control on a disc. Just pure pure control.

Last edited:
FmoAbe8.png

It has less bead than an axis, that looks like a great grip feeling disc.. excellent for those touchy shots

I putt better with the Tangent than the Ion or Anode

Seriously the Tangent does it all. Flies like a mid, putts like a putter

lol, why can't you putt with a large diameter disc?

When I started playing, and had the extreme minimalist no bag, carry one disc-- the DX viper worked fine as a putter. . . :doh:

Sank a 40' putt with a tangent in the last test vid I did, haha. It's not bad for putting with a mid, but I'd still rather carry an Anode for putts and do a two disc round :D