• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I'll agree it feels more like a putter than an Axis or Vector, but I use an Anode and it felt nothing like that. Now, I'm not saying the flight isn't similar as I haven't thrown one yet, but for me, the rim depth was different and it felt completely different than an Anode in my hand.

Here's a bunch of comparison photos so you can all quit trolling me:
481371_10200718188059392_1084600652_n.jpg

Next to an Anode

522715_10200718186219346_370823287_n.jpg

Next to an Ion

542650_10200718185779335_1378331271_n.jpg

Anode--Ion--Tangent

And after throwing it some more, I would like to correct my original statement: it flies sort of

Stupid tablet..

SORT OF like a longer Anode, but feels a lot more like an Ion in the hand. My Neutron Ion and Tangent are actually same the weight so its very easy to use them right after each other. Two disc challenge? There you go.

I also threw some putts with the Tangent and just as Mike C.s videos showed, it makes a great putter too, Perfect for a one-disc round.

It is super flat which is awesome. It takes up less room in my bag than my Roc, much less, despite being a similar diameter. Its got such a cool flight. When thrown flat with some stank it goes super straight and doesn't start its high speed turn until about 50 feet out (for me...a better player will probably see it even later) which must have something to do with the Gyro technology. It doesn't start its fade until very late in the flight and its one of the most gradual fades Ive ever seen. I was getting great turnover shots with it and even on extreme hyzer it tended to land flat. I think you'll see more than just us MVP fanbous singing the praises of this disc. It might be the one that REALLY hosts MVPs business.

that thing looks flat and thin
It is!

I completely agree that the outer rim feels much more putter-like than mid-like. It's just doesn't feel nearly as deep on the inside as something like an Anode. But...who cares? It feels like a wonderful hybrid!

I don't want to get too hyperbolic before I've truly thrown this thing, but...damn. Bear with me here, because I'm going to talk about it as a putter right now.

I've been putting with it from 20' and haven't missed one....20+ tries. Rim-depth-wise, it feels a lot like my putter of choice, the Banger-GT. A little shallower, to be sure, but it feels very comfortable with a putting grip. It also has the vaguest version of a thumbtrac, somewhat like the Rhyno. You may not even notice it if you don't look for it. I love this thing already and I haven't even really thrown it.

I've never been this jazzed to try a disc on the course. If it powers down for me like people have said, I don't know if I'll need a driving putter. If they made this in soft proton, I may not even need a putting putter.

/end fanboi rant

@AndyJB, thanks for the pics! I use fuses right now. How do they comepare on the touchiness scale? I find the fuse to be a great disc, but man is it touchy!

I use fuses right now. How do they comepare on the touchiness scale?
The Fuse is very touchy compared to the Tangent. Because of that, I find it's easier to get the Tangent to do what you want it to do. The Fuse is faster with more glide, but doesn't like to be overpowered or torqued on too much, whereas the Tangent takes what you give it and stays on that line. It can and likely will kick the Fuse from a lot of people's bags.

People that lose a year old Tangent will probably cry.
:clap: QFT

Great pics.. I was just gonna ask you to do it next to an Axis as I was scrollin down... Canada sucks I still gotta wait at least another week I was skeptical but after seeing it now I'm hyped, I love shallow rims, really wanna try putting it now!

I agree that the Tangent is not very touchy. Its one of a few discs that can really be used for all skill levels, which bodes well for MVP in the long term. I think this disc will do much more for them, business-wise than the long-awaited distance driver would. I love putters, they are just so clean to throw, al the fact that this disc is very pitter-like is great for me.

And yes, the rim is very shallow. Much shallower than any putter Ive thrown. I have big fat sausage fingers and the Tangent still fit my grip nicely.

I like that these are available in lighter weights. Just picked up a 170. We'll see how it flies in a few days.

I found my lighter one works better for turnovers, and the heavies work better for 375' straight drives. If they all behave this way according to weight I plan to carry two like I am right now.

I'm gonna try to get that round me and my buddy filmed uploaded tonight. Tons of Tangent drives...

Also compared to the Fuse I find the Tangent less touchy and easier to lock on to a given line (hyzer, straight, anny). It takes a little more effort to get a turnover out of a Tangent but after learning how to throw it for that line it can still do a smooth turnover. Fuse is going to be more understable. They will cover a lot of the same shots but they are fairly different discs. Approach distances might not show it much, but punch both out past 325-350' and they will be flying much differently.

Last edited:
I took my two Orange 176 Tangents out for a spin today. It was exactly what I was expecting for their first 36 holes. These are fresh off the press so I didn't expect to see straight up understable lines from these. I do hope (as these get whacked by a few more pines) that they'll lose a little bit of the Low-Speed Fade.

I got a near ace on Hole 7 @ Cedar Hills Rotary Park. It hit left side chains and kicked out. I enjoyed how comfortable these felt in the hand.

All in all, If they're trying out for the team... I'd say they left a good impression. I look forward to breaking these in.

How does the Tangent compare to the Eclipse Axis?

We've all seen Mike C's videos and his bomb with these. I've studied his form extensively for tips to help my own. For everyone else who is putting these out to 300 feet and beyond, can you post a video? I'm trying to figure out how to get this Tangent out to that kind of distance. The farthest I got was 257 feet measured with a range finder, and that was me giving it some serious gas and a little bit of height.

Latest posts