• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

We've all seen Mike C's videos and his bomb with these. I've studied his form extensively for tips to help my own. For everyone else who is putting these out to 300 feet and beyond, can you post a video? I'm trying to figure out how to get this Tangent out to that kind of distance. The farthest I got was 257 feet measured with a range finder, and that was me giving it some serious gas and a little bit of height.

Mike C has a simple tips and tricks video to get more distance that is easy to follow floating around here somewherre

I've watched it probably 30 times. It actually helped me gain another 20 feet on my drives, which at my age and how long i've been playing is actually pretty good, I think. I jsut can't seem to stretch out my mids like you guys (posters on here, that is) can.

I've watched it probably 30 times. It actually helped me gain another 20 feet on my drives, which at my age and how long i've been playing is actually pretty good, I think. I jsut can't seem to stretch out my mids like you guys (posters on here, that is) can.

Link to the vid?

Just got my 2nd and 3rd tangents. Red is 172 G and flat as a board, just like my max weight pink.
The yellow max weight has a mild dome. Anyone have a tangent with some dome? I hope it adds some fade :D!

i just got mine and the Oranges are little dome and the yellows are mild to big dome.. they are also warped, they don't lay flat and have quarter inch of clearance in some spots..wtf

im going to put them in some warm bath and see if they go back to normal shape after being shipped, they were also ice cold when i got them in the house 5 min ago so the cold might have had an effect.

i just got mine and the Oranges are little dome and the yellows are mild to big dome.. they are also warped, they don't lay flat and have quarter inch of clearance in some spots..wtf

im going to put them in some warm bath and see if they go back to normal shape after being shipped, they were also ice cold when i got them in the house 5 min ago so the cold might have had an effect.

My shock was also warped... Still flies like a dream though so I'm not too concerned.

My shock was also warped... Still flies like a dream though so I'm not too concerned.

Ok i just heated up some water and let them sit in it for about 10 min, then took them out nice ant toasty steaming and sat them right side up on the counter-top and pushed the top (dome) down just a tiny bit to make some suction with the surface of the table and let them cool off. (not enough to change the dome, just enough to make the rim stay flat.)

they are PERFECT now. the yellow still has slight more dome but they are "de-warped" and in their normal form.. that shipping warp really had me worried that these were consistency issues. Im glad its not :)

Orange is flat as a board and the yellow has a tiny almost indistinguishable bit more dome to it.

Im very happy.

I haven't thrown them yet but they feel amazing, even better than my axis or vectors.. they just feel great in the hand. The bead isn't even noticeable for me, but i have large hands so beads don't bother me anyways.

woot! leagues tomorow and i have a new toy!!!

These have received some good reception from non-MVPers out on the course.
Glad to be spreading some MVP love.

I recently heard our local Cary PIAS has FINALLY started to carrying the MVP line up. I've been asking them every time I wonder through. Going to go check it out tomorrow.

So far I'm liking my pink 177. Slightest dome and flies like my beat in roc but a tick faster. I'm glad once that roc gets too beat ill have an out of the box replacement. It's super neutral maybe slightly under stable and can git any line I want. I have never ever gotten a disc of the shelf and had it hit all the lines I envisioned. It powers down well and given power it's still very very controllable/predictable. This is by far my favorite MVP disc, one I can say a had a great time throwing.

These have received some good reception from non-MVPers out on the course.
Glad to be spreading some MVP love.

I recently heard our local Cary PIAS has FINALLY started to carrying the MVP line up. I've been asking them every time I wonder through. Going to go check it out tomorrow.

Raleigh is carrying them as well, and alpine ski center. Glow is 25 and the rest are 20. I told them as long as they cost that much I'll buy online.

$20 and $25???

lol_zpsdfbfcadf.gif

One of the St. Louis PiaS shops had some MVP for a while....around the same price range. $20 for proton, $23 for Eclipse. I'm surprised anyone ever bought them. They haven't had any more MVP on the shelves for months.

Alpine is selling the MVP tangent for $20!!! That's not cool :thmbdown:

Alpine is a bit cheaper, It's 17.99 for non glow and 22.99 for glow here. PIAS is the one selling them at 19.99 and 24.99. Our club does get a 20% discount at Alpine however so if I do go buy MVP locally it's definitely from there.

Alpine is a bit cheaper, It's 17.99 for non glow and 22.99 for glow here. PIAS is the one selling them at 19.99 and 24.99. Our club does get a 20% discount at Alpine however so if I do go buy MVP locally it's definitely from there.

Yeah, I like that Alpine will note some if the discs you're looking for and put them in the next order. I've been bad about buying local :\

It's sad but I'm all about saving that dollar. I'm shocked to hear about those PIAS prices... Good Lord.

Yeah, I like that Alpine will note some if the discs you're looking for and put them in the next order. I've been bad about buying local :\

It's sad but I'm all about saving that dollar. I'm shocked to hear about those PIAS prices... Good Lord.

Yeah I was really excited which was followed by real disappointment, hopefully he takes my comments to heart and lowers the price on them.

Bought some Tangents yesterday and got to throw them yesterday and today. Love them. Fuse is bit more understable than Tangents. Holds the lines pretty well esp the annies. I will give Tangent/Fuse some real work out at the courses next week.

I could say the fuse and tangent could coexist in the bag but most people won't do it. The tangent is that much different from the fuse IMHO.