• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I haven't gotten super used to it but I throw it as an approach shot for a stable to slightly understable approach shot within 150'.. If it's 80' or closer I instantly grab the Anode though.

Threw my Tangent for the first time today. What a cool disc. Nice and straight. I had no problem cranking on it and on softer 200' throws when it decided to quit flying it just plopped down. I wasn't seeing much difference between it and the new Axis I just got, but it was kinda windy.

i have been using my tangent daily and notice its harder to keep it straight than when i first got it, anyone else notice that?

I could power it up for a 250' shot and it would hardly turn, now it goes into a bit of a turn and doesn't come out, just holds that all the way to the ground.. this is on an uphill throw that's about 200'. seems odd that im having trouble keeping it straight.

anyone else have a tangent that's getting beat in a little? is it holding neutral lines still, or starting to develop some turn?

This looks sexy:

544351_514551315268415_1739565194_n.jpg

i have been using my tangent daily and notice its harder to keep it straight than when i first got it, anyone else notice that?

I could power it up for a 250' shot and it would hardly turn, now it goes into a bit of a turn and doesn't come out, just holds that all the way to the ground.. this is on an uphill throw that's about 200'. seems odd that im having trouble keeping it straight.

anyone else have a tangent that's getting beat in a little? is it holding neutral lines still, or starting to develop some turn?

i put mine through a mild forced break-in and now it really wants to turn and not come back. basically acts like my super beat in roc that i wanted it to replace.

Most reports I have seen say Neutron is faster and a bit more stable out of the box, but often times that had to do with the amount of dome, right? I'd think the Proton Tangents might be a touch slower and maybe a tiny bit less stable. But I am hoping for a similar flight to Neutron.

Do you think that the proton plastic makes the disc more stable than the neutron? If so...I may invest in one or 2 of these...didn't really like the neutron ones.

IMO dome and PLH (or where the over-mold sits on the rim) makes a much bigger difference. I have a very OS proton vector and less stable neutron-- same with Axis but the proton are also more domey than the neutron. Now my neutron Anode is a little more HSS than my proton anode-- that being said I doubt the average player could tell the difference and only I do because I throw them so much and have since they first came out.

I would say with the new distribution goodies and quality control measures in place for MVP I would bet these fly identical to their neutron counterpart as they all are being molded differently than the first few molds/runs when MVP was just a new born ;)

My 2 lighter P and E Tangents fly slightly less stable than my N
Tangent of the same weight. My heavy P and E Tangents are more HSS than my heavy Stormtrooper Tangent.

Didn't get much chance to throw them today. Courses were packed along with fields with it being our first 50+* day today. (72 high). Tomorrow I'm heading to my not usual work location that has acres of open unused land at the moment.

So if one was going to buy two tangents, and he wanted the most over stable and the most under stable, he would buy which plastic/weight combos?

I haven't found the protons flippy, they feel a touch more OS than my neutrons but I think that is simply because of wear on the neutrons.

My 171 N is not even really "understable" and actually find it going straight when I want a little more turn from a hyzer-flip. Laser beams for sure but will be nice to see it break-in a little and turn with more ease. yesterday I had a little early release with it and still expected it to flip a little but held a huge newb hyzer so for sure not "flippy" even in lighter weights IMO.

MC- Would you say they are maybe just faster not really more OS? They look to fly faster less "glidey" in that video.