• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Between the Volt, Shock, and Axis that I already planned to buy this spring, and now the Tangent, MVP is going to be getting WAY to much of my money!:( Oh well, could be worse.:D:D:D

Question for all the understable mid throwers (which appears to be everyone on this thread but me)

Do you find yourself hyzer-flipping your US mids more, putting them on a true anny line, or releasing them flat to let them get that good solid turn to the right? I wonder, because as I said before I don't throw much US stuff, certainly no US mids. My Axis was pretty US and I used it for anny lines pretty exclusively. If I need a tight, low, right hand turn I'll flick the Pig or my Krait if I need some good distance. Also have been using the Shock for that shot as well.

I don't think I've ever hyzerflipped a mid for a true golf shot, I've just done it messing around doing field work or whatever. Perhaps the Tangent will be a hyzer flip machine like my Pures or Patriot? That's the only shot I could see using this for...a distance between my Patriot and Pure. Sorry for the ramble, but I'm a dyed-in-the-wool MVP Fanboy and I guess I'm just searching for a reason to get this bad boy...

I most always flip US discs even for turn-overs because otherwise the turn can be too soon or quick and really only useful to get out of trouble or around trouble with touch shots releasing an US disc with anhyzer angle. I also throw FH and not turn-overs where needed due to later fade etc... its really just about what works for your game and if there is a gap in your bag!

Well, some might say there's a gap in my bag due to my prevalence of OS and lack of stable/US discs, but I do allright for myself...

hyzer flipping a meteor makes about 30% of my throws during a game. I carry 3 meteors and can cover anything from 300ft S curves to a 75ft anyhyzer approach with the meteor. Hyzer flipping understable glidey mids is in my opinion the best way to get big distance down hill or in a tailwind. my home course starts with a 375ft slightly downhill hole and while others throw katanas, wraiths, and surge SS I tend to match thier throws with a humble 175g ESP Metoer.

I honestly don't see how the tangent could approve on the meteor in any way but I would love to be proved wrong.

I've got a couple pretty US Axes (well beat in) that I use for anything from straight to left to right shots, depending on the wind ofc. I'm much more comfortable/confident in hyzerflipping my flippy Axis than throwing my stable ones. I'm actually hoping the Tangent has just a touch of turn to it so it fits perfectly in between my Flippy and straight Axes.

Proton

I emailed them today and asked the exact question if they were going to be releasing the volt in proton plastic and they said yes they were but they were in the process of focusing on new releases and they would be focused on the creation of new disc before they start releasing proton and eclipes versions

I emailed them today and asked the exact question if they were going to be releasing the volt in proton plastic and they said yes they were but they were in the process of focusing on new releases and they would be focused on the creation of new disc before they start releasing proton and eclipes versions

a volt in glow proton would be amazing

Four words:

Black. Neutron. Eclipse. Amp.

Droool.

One thing I really like my beat Axis for is dogleg left holes on a calm day. Given some height and a hyzer release, and not so much snap that it flips over to the right, the disc will glide so much further laterally than an OS disc. That and if I need a dead straight, no fade shot in the 150-300' range, given a touch of hyzer and some spin it will do that line consistently fh or bh. Another are those holes that go straight for 200-300' then end slightly right. Sometimes a gentle mid or fw driver turnover works better there than a flick. Lastly theres a few holes I like to throw sky annies with it.

a volt in glow proton would be amazing

You mean like the one that Zam posted a couple weeks ago on his FB?

184587_532649820093422_20264857_n.jpg

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Proton drivers! Can't wait to see Zam's stamps!

Question for all the understable mid throwers (which appears to be everyone on this thread but me)

Do you find yourself hyzer-flipping your US mids more, putting them on a true anny line, or releasing them flat to let them get that good solid turn to the right?

My understable mid for like the last 2 years or so is a heavy Opto Fuse and I use it for: Hyzer flipped for dead straight, especially tunnel shots; flat for right-tracking holes; and most annys up to 300'.

Nothing has come close to competing with my Fuses. When my FR Axis beat in to overlap the Fuse the Axis got axed. My VIP Warship has done the same thing. If the Tangent (or the Tursa for that matter) knocks my Fuse out of the bag, it would be a magical ****ing disc.

YouGuys said:
Look it's a Proton driver!
WHOA WHOA WHOA ... WHOA, you guys.

Don't freak out yet.
That disc is NOT an indicator of any upcoming Proton driver releases. That's the first Volt I ever got, and it was run as a prototype before the Volt was tested in Neutron. That disc is from early summer of last year -- as I recall Brad said they were running Eclipse when the Volt mold arrived, so they did the first test shots in Eclipse. The Neutron protos were produced soon after, and I've got one of each (that's the Neutron Volt proto in the pic, along with #6/10 Proto Eclipse Ion w/textured mold). I don't know how many Volt tests they made in Eclipse but it didn't sound like many.

But yeah... don't get excited about candy drivers because of that photo.

BTW there is a Proton Volt stamp already finished, but that's because we didn't know if the Volt would launch with, after, or before, Neutron. It's real and it's spectacular :hfive:

Do you find yourself hyzer-flipping your US mids more, putting them on a true anny line, or releasing them flat to let them get that good solid turn to the right? I wonder, because as I said before I don't throw much US stuff, certainly no US mids. My Axis was pretty US and I used it for anny lines pretty exclusively. If I need a tight, low, right hand turn I'll flick the Pig or my Krait if I need some good distance. Also have been using the Shock for that shot as well.

I don't think I've ever hyzerflipped a mid for a true golf shot, I've just done it messing around doing field work or whatever. Perhaps the Tangent will be a hyzer flip machine like my Pures or Patriot? That's the only shot I could see using this for...a distance between my Patriot and Pure. Sorry for the ramble, but I'm a dyed-in-the-wool MVP Fanboy and I guess I'm just searching for a reason to get this bad boy...

Depends on the US mid you are referring to, for me I use a Fuse and when I need to throw it so it turns right I give it a little more arm speed, release it flat and let it do what it does. If i want to throw it straight I take a little off throw it with hyzer and it goes straight. US mids are important especially for those of us who dont have great flicks or for shots where a US shot is more appropriate.

Latest posts