• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Well, I didn't want to feed the troll, but here goes: it's not that I CAN'T throw understable discs. I can and do. I LOVE hyzer flipping my Patriot (super effortless) and I have used it on low, right turning lines.

My point was, what is the need for a more understable mid from MVP? I understand they are filling out their line-up, and I think it's cool (as someone pointed out earlier) that they are making discs that are easier for begginers to throw. Even the Amp can be touchy for begginers...and intermediates for that matter.

I just don't use mids all that much, so FOR ME (not you) I don't see the need for an understable mid. It's not a "whine" it's a statement. So get over yourself and lets get this thread back on track...

Think the Tangent will be released all the way up to 180g? heavy mids are great.

Thanks Andy.. you said what I wanted to, but better.

if you want to throw annys that hold you better have a slightly understable mid. personally i don't see the point in having an overstable mid. i carry two stable mids and one slightly understable mid.

My Axis' are kind of understable anyway. They do fade back quite a bit, but I've been using them for quite awhile now, so they are properly beat in. Mine hold anny lines all the way to the dirt...so I'm guessing the Tangent will be more like that, only right out of the box?

if you want to throw annys that hold you better have a slightly understable mid. personally i don't see the point in having an overstable mid. i carry two stable mids and one slightly understable mid.

I don't get the massively overstable midranges, but they would fight wind really well. Guess it depends on your location. I bagged the Vector for a long time, and it is slightly overstable. Not super OS, because I would still turn it over when I would throw with OAT. I use the King Cobra now, which is pretty similar to the Vector. Little turn, fade but controllable. Once beat in a little bit, it's pretty much a point and shoot disc...as was my Vector.

But I am also in CO which has a higher elevation, which can cause certain discs to act more OS.

Seriously :)
The Tangent should be up on the MVP website tonight

So Zam, are you and Skulboy considering anything for this one??? I just got #30 of those Shocks you did and it needs a wall buddy :hfive:

I agree, not that there isn't a use for midranges but in that between a beat anode, beat axis and beat vector there is not much room for this new MVP mold in my bag or probably many others with multiple stages of worn MVP discs as well as old run protons vs neutrons.

I like to throw putters when mid is too much D unless powered way down or need to hit a line easier. Understable mids just never seem as predictable as the overstable mids so can see why there will be a mixed review as far as MVP throwers go but this one seems more for the masses than us fanboys :D

I don't get the massively overstable midranges, but they would fight wind really well. Guess it depends on your location. I bagged the Vector for a long time, and it is slightly overstable. Not super OS, because I would still turn it over when I would throw with OAT. I use the King Cobra now, which is pretty similar to the Vector. Little turn, fade but controllable. Once beat in a little bit, it's pretty much a point and shoot disc...as was my Vector.

But I am also in CO which has a higher elevation, which can cause certain discs to act more OS.

Last point for me to make... and I am sure the midwest/plains guys can attest to this. Yesterday, we had 30 mph+ winds.... on saturday during our ice bowl we had 30 mph+ winds. It was a rhyno and xcal type of day for headwinds. I want a mid to be able to handle that spot also. :thmbup:

I didn't see the point of an OS mid either until the Pain and now my love, FR Vector... I always threw Buzzzes, Core, Fuse, Meteor, skeeter, mako, the list goes on but none of them have been as solid as my very OS vector which also holds a beauitful anny line (just takes a hell of a lot to get it there) and never gets away from me. The lines are just much more predictable IMO with an OS mid than any others and when they get beat-in there just is nothing better where the understable molds become junk'

plus its nice to have a mid you can throw without worrying about if its windy or not...

Last point for me to make... and I am sure the midwest/plains guys can attest to this. Yesterday, we had 30 mph+ winds.... on saturday during our ice bowl we had 30 mph+ winds. It was a rhyno and xcal type of day for headwinds. I want a mid to be able to handle that spot also. :thmbup:

This, this and more this. I love my Fuse for turnovers in no wind, and straight shots in a tailwind. So i don't see this kicking my Fuse out. But where is the OS plastic from MVP. Vector was a tick OS, but I want Wasp/Drone OS :)

Last time I checked, a bunch of people were clamoring for an understable mid from MVP. Now that they are releasing one, there is a bunch of complaining? I really don't get it.

MVP - or any company - doesn't make discs just for us. They have a much larger market to cater to, and an understable, easy to throw mid that looks cool will probably broaden their customer base more than an OS utility meathook mid. It's business, people.

My Axis' are kind of understable anyway. They do fade back quite a bit, but I've been using them for quite awhile now, so they are properly beat in. Mine hold anny lines all the way to the dirt...so I'm guessing the Tangent will be more like that, only right out of the box?

That's what I'm hoping for!! :D

I wonder where on the spectrum of understability it will fall. Sounds like a fun mid, when it comes out Ill throw it alongside meteor and coyote, see how she does.

I'm going to guess it'll be more like a cryztal meteor than the ESP meteor. But I'd hope it's more like the ESP cause the cryztal's were very stable in comparison.

Sweet,"Tangent" is my video game moniker for Windows. I'm special. Forget you.

I'll be excited if this will knock out the Comet.

Understable Mid is really not a NEED depending on your bag but there currently is no MVP disc which will hold an effortless anny line without starting to fade out nor is there a disc which has a fairly low power range as any of their discs under-powered tend to fade out.

I have a First Run Eclipse Orange Axis that i can throw flat and turns, then holds a turn all the way to the end.. i have had it forever and its seasoned, but even when it was new i was able to put it on anny lines and it would ride it 90% and then flatten out nice at the end and just stick right where i wanted without rolls/skips.

I do however have some new Axis Neutron that is more overstable and fades out of anny lines quickly, but the new Orange Eclipse Axis i just got is holding dead straight lines with ease and almost no fade. I still use my old one for anny lines, but the new eclipse is sexy! I dont know why, but the Orange Eclipse plastic just works best for me.

This Tangent looks to have a slight bead, but it bevels off right away.. if anything this is GREAT because it will help prevent roll aways and skips :) Looks to be a great addition, i will buy a good stack of these when they come out.

I used to think along the similar lines. I have a noodle arm, my os mid is a TI wasp. I started using the wasp for anny lines, and they hold. Plus I like the late dependable fade it has when thrown flat. I threw my only ace on an anny line with my wasp.

I was playing in low to mid 20 mph winds yesterday, I was using my TI wasp to handle the headwinds on holes that I usually use my putter on. The wasp is os for me, and worked out perfectly.

Latest posts