• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I used to hate understable discs. Then I bought myself a Discraft Glide (despite how crappy people claim them to be) and actually learned a thing or two by throwing it.

I'll definitely get me a Tangent when they are available :)

Inb4 "best disc they have made yet (girly giggles)"

The Axis is the best they have made so far, followed by the Volt and Ion/Anode (Depending on which type of putter you like)

No doubt the Tangent will earn the title: the best they have made yet xD

Albino fwiw I can do the same thing with my friends discs, but every flatter Axis I've thrown has given me that dead straight line when new, even under 300'. That's what sold me on it initially, was how straight it would stay at a wide range of distances (200-400'). I do agree that domier ones are not as workable the first few months, but flat or worn Axis are a pleasure to throw.

Really interested to see how this disc compares with my beat Axis that has some high speed turn. If it at all compares its gonna be a great disc. I don't throw that Axis on holes where I might lose it...

I would consider mine domey so that might just be it. I prefer my axis as is though, anything less and I might as well throw a buzzz or a comet.

I liked the axis at first but the only thing that disc does is go straight. The vector was more of a brand new z buzzz stability, so I had no use for that either. I wanted to like those discs so bad, but the buzzz can almost handle both of those slots by itself. With a nice wasp, mvps current mids are useless.

I can throw a comet alright but its only value seems to be in developing a clean form, and go for it putts from like 50-70'. Actually would like a true US mid for nice hyzer flips, rather than oat-ing a beat esp buzz.

the buzzz can almost handle both of those slots by itself. With a nice wasp, mvps current mids are useless. Actually would like a true US mid for nice hyzer flips, rather than oat-ing a beat esp buzz.

flat neutron axis, beat-in are the best and flip up/over similar to a fuse. My beat vector will actually flip up from slight hyzer but still has a long swooping fade its beautiful.

I liked the axis at first but the only thing that disc does is go straight. The vector was more of a brand new z buzzz stability, so I had no use for that either. I wanted to like those discs so bad, but the buzzz can almost handle both of those slots by itself. With a nice wasp, mvps current mids are useless.

I can throw a comet alright but its only value seems to be in developing a clean form, and go for it putts from like 50-70'. Actually would like a true US mid for nice hyzer flips, rather than oat-ing a beat esp buzz.

Haha, you must not have given the Axis an honest chance or tested many lines with it. I can throw that thing on anny lines like no other, make straight, low ceiling shots with little fade, and i can throw it on a hyzer and let it ride for a long sweeping forward penetrating fade. If i give it monster snap it can still hold straight lines and bomb as far as some fairway drivers. I cant do that with my Rocs or Buzzzes.. The axis is the most versatile disc i have ever owned.. but to each his own.

I liked the axis at first but the only thing that disc does is go straight. The vector was more of a brand new z buzzz stability, so I had no use for that either. I wanted to like those discs so bad, but the buzzz can almost handle both of those slots by itself. With a nice wasp, mvps current mids are useless, for me.

FTFY. Seeing how quite a few people throw MVP mids, I'm going to go ahead and say that they aren't useless.

I just can't get on the MVP bandwagon. I love my Anode and Ions for putting, but that's all. I can't even drive the damn things. I save a Pure for that slot. I might try this disc when one of my friends picks one up, but I don't have much interest in new molds (except the Stag). My bag has finally reached "consistent" status. Why waste the money on things I don't need that will probably just wind up in my box of "well there goes another $15" discs?

Now here's the question. Will this be released in Neutron because that is the new MVP trend or will they do this in Proton? I am just wondering not hating because I will probably still find myself throwing my friends from time to time.

Now here's the question. Will this be released in Neutron because that is the new MVP trend or will they do this in Proton? I am just wondering not hating because I will probably still find myself throwing my friends from time to time.

Says it right on the image in the first post. I'm sure eventually we'll see them in Proton, but being released in Neutron.

Damn, i just got a couple of Fuses for my U/S mid after i lost my Comet.
Now this! i'll have to try one and compare.
at least i won't have to beat up or lose my Axises any more

I can throw a comet alright but its only value seems to be in developing a clean form.

Blasphemy. I am pretty excited to try this disc, but I hope it doesn't replace my comet. Interested to see some reviews.

It'll be released in Neutron

I think they should only release discs in Neutron and Eclipse Proton from now on. theres no reason to have normal Proton.

I Think they are phasing out proton, by not releaseing any new discs in that type of plastic :)

Damn, i just got a couple of Fuses for my U/S mid after i lost my Comet.
Now this! i'll have to try one and compare.
at least i won't have to beat up or lose my Axises any more

If it takes over the understable mid slot in your bag, don't worry, I'll take those Fuses off of your hands :) (That goes for anybody else worrying about it too!)

I think they should only release discs in Neutron and Eclipse Proton from now on. theres no reason to have normal Proton.

I Think they are phasing out proton, by not releaseing any new discs in that type of plastic :)

I'm still waiting on a Soft Proton Axis. Soft Anodes are money, also. Can't see them getting rid of Proton completely.

As long as this is actually understable, I'm gonna be super happy. I was just looking through my discs the other day trying to decide on what I could use for an understable mid position.

Latest posts