• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Meh.

I'll be the first MVP fanboy to say there is no room in my bag for this....like, at all. I don't even throw a STABLE mid, much less an understable one. I really like the Vector and the Axis, but they were honestly just taking up space in my bag. I'd throw them maybe once a month.

I talked about it a little in the "too many midrange molds" thread, but I'm starting to wonder what exactly I need a midrange disc for? Even now I rarely use my King Cobra. For those of you who are really excited about this disc, would you mind posting a little information as in what type of shot you would use it for, what distance, conditions, etc? I'm genuinely interested because really for any mid-range type shot I've been using my Pigs or even my Ions (I can get about the same distance with both, but my Proton Ions seem to get a bit squirrely when I power them up...which is undoubtadely my form, not the disc)

For me, the Axis was slightly understable and I am by no means a power thrower. So just wondering what advantages the Tangent will have? Cool name and look though.

Meh.

I'll be the first MVP fanboy to say there is no room in my bag for this....like, at all. I don't even throw a STABLE mid, much less an understable one. I really like the Vector and the Axis, but they were honestly just taking up space in my bag. I'd throw them maybe once a month.

I talked about it a little in the "too many midrange molds" thread, but I'm starting to wonder what exactly I need a midrange disc for? Even now I rarely use my King Cobra. For those of you who are really excited about this disc, would you mind posting a little information as in what type of shot you would use it for, what distance, conditions, etc? I'm genuinely interested because really for any mid-range type shot I've been using my Pigs or even my Ions (I can get about the same distance with both, but my Proton Ions seem to get a bit squirrely when I power them up...which is undoubtadely my form, not the disc)

For me, the Axis was slightly understable and I am by no means a power thrower. So just wondering what advantages the Tangent will have? Cool name and look though.

Hole five on my home course is a great example.
360'ish, the hole goes about 270' then takes a slight right turn. You need to be able to navigate the tight tunnel through the woods to about 320' to get a rare birdie putt. Understable mids are perfect for this shot.

For those of you who are really excited about this disc, would you mind posting a little information as in what type of shot you would use it for, what distance, conditions, etc? I'm genuinely interested because really for any mid-range type shot I've been using my Pigs or even my Ions (I can get about the same distance with both, but my Proton Ions seem to get a bit squirrely when I power them up...which is undoubtadely my form, not the disc)

Take a vacay to the Midwest and play some of these courses cut out of the forest and you will need an understable disc or three. :D

I have really come to love my Meteor for a variety of right turning shots (RHBH), so it will be hard to give it up for this new MVP offering. But my curiosity will probably get the best of me and end up picking one up.

For me the Axis and Vector give me an easy 20-30' over my putters, and can fly on lower lines better than putters can.

How I will use this I don't know, I utilize my FH a ton at midrange distances. I'm guessing zero fade approaches, lower powered anhyzers, and mild turnovers, but I can't say until I throw one.

Great job MVP, looks like Tangent is going to replace my Fuse! Hope it is a better Fuse!

Already buying a Tangent. I love the meteor in the limited time I've had it but I'm not afraid to have it possibly pushed out by the Tangent

Already buying a Tangent. I love the meteor in the limited time I've had it but I'm not afraid to have it possibly pushed out by the Tangent

I haven't read thru the whole thread, but based on the above comment, the Tangent is comparable to a Meteor?
If that's the case, I'm in!

Meh.

Understable Mid is really not a NEED depending on your bag but there currently is no MVP disc which will hold an effortless anny line without starting to fade out nor is there a disc which has a fairly low power range as any of their discs under-powered tend to fade out.

The anode just wants to go straight, ION is way too OS for touch shots off the shelf, and their mids are the same with axis being stable and much faster profile. This disc will be perfect for beginners where the others are not and actually believe the ION, vector, Axis are hard discs to throw for a newer player.

It will be a great disc for the tightly wooded courses here where footing/stance can be an issue and you need to bomb with just a flick of your wrist'

i laugh at people that dont know how to throw understable discs.
clean up your form, um or keep whining on the forum

Understable discs are only for girlfriends and/or <10 year olds, amirite?

But in all seriousness this really will be basically "those difficult shots you threw with your Axis will now be 200% easier with the Tangent."

At least that's my hope.

i laugh at people that dont know how to throw understable discs.
clean up your form, um or keep whining on the forum

Well, I didn't want to feed the troll, but here goes: it's not that I CAN'T throw understable discs. I can and do. I LOVE hyzer flipping my Patriot (super effortless) and I have used it on low, right turning lines.

My point was, what is the need for a more understable mid from MVP? I understand they are filling out their line-up, and I think it's cool (as someone pointed out earlier) that they are making discs that are easier for begginers to throw. Even the Amp can be touchy for begginers...and intermediates for that matter.

I just don't use mids all that much, so FOR ME (not you) I don't see the need for an understable mid. It's not a "whine" it's a statement. So get over yourself and lets get this thread back on track...

Think the Tangent will be released all the way up to 180g? heavy mids are great.

I love understable mids... I already have that slot covered, though, with a flippy buzzz and stingray. What I don't have is a meethook overstable midrange that I like. Tried the hornet and the drone... didn't really care for either. I am sure that MVP will cover the slot eventually.

Latest posts