• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

I just added Lake Concow, a new course here in Butte County, to the Course Review directory. MikePinchico, flipphone, and myself installed the old Hwy 32 tone poles yesterday and made the course playable. It's still a bit rough, but has a ton of potential because it's on a really great property.

Cool stuff, I'm definitely going to have to make a trip up that way, add it to my list of future road trips. :)

Ashleigh has relatives in Magalia so we can probably swing that in the next year or so.

I added pictures of every hole yesterday when I was kicking everyone's ass on the course. Sorry the pictures were taken with my phone but it gives you an idea: Lake Concow

Snappyfingers, Avus and I played out at Pepperdine today, and we came up with a nice "back 9" safari layout.

Starts with an excellent Top of the World shot, has three par 4s and a gnarly uphill par 5. Crossing fairways galore, but hey, it's safari- and basically nobody plays the course.

Made a little map - it's also on the course page.

gBoqRvK.jpg

SoCal update:

New course in Chula Vista, 9 holes.

Temecula just had a course approved on 15 August.

Thousand Oaks new course just had city approval and final walk through went good. That course should see daylight soon.

I've been trying to get in contact with the boy scouts who are doing the design on the Temecula course, see if I can talk them into taking a little advice on course design. There's also talk of an object course in Murrieta with fundraising efforts to eventually replace the targets with baskets.

SoCal update:
New course in Chula Vista, 9 holes.

Word on Facebook indicates it's being pulled, at least partially. Seems like the spot they picked was way too pedestrian-impacted.

Excited to hear more about the new Thousand Oaks course... that's the one in the Lang Ranch area, right?

Norcal update

new course installed 8 August in Livermore, ca 9 holes

at : Ernie Rodrigues Softball Complex

Any updates on Taylor Mountain in Santa Rosa? I've heard they were going for a temp course for an upcoming tourney at least...

Excited to hear more about the new Thousand Oaks course... that's the one in the Lang Ranch area, right?
Yes. Lang Ranch should be huge. Say what you will about Rabbit Flats but it got a lot of people excited about disc golf in the area. Their club is very active with many volunteers.

It's not spectacular, but it's a fun little course with a surprising amount of variety for the available space.

Any updates on Taylor Mountain in Santa Rosa? I've heard they were going for a temp course for an upcoming tourney at least...

The course is in the park master plan and from what I've heard it's supposed to be completed for next summer (needs some additional funds).

I thought the temp course/tourney already happened.

So... this may be kind of off the wall... but, has anyone attempted, recently, to get a park in at Tilden? The landscape is amazing, and I heard the original Berkeley course was there? I'd love to have an East Bay course that close.

Aquatic Park is ... you know, cool and all, but it's pretty limited in it's layout and the foot traffic is just terrible.

I just moved to SoCal a year ago. Is there any talk of a new course in Riverside? The Rancho Jurupa course is too short, and the Van Buren course isn't that great. I like the surrounding courses, but it would be nice to have one here in town.

Also, I found an old thread on the PDGA website where there was a Fly 18 course in Riverside in 2006. Can you guys tell me what happened to this course?

Thanks for all the great info in this thread so far!

^^^ the fly 18 course was on a golf course for awhile and over time it just didn't mesh well with golf course. It got pulled but was one of the longest courses in the world.

I have looked into getting a course in riverside and scouted out a certain park but with no budget in the park and rec department for this type of recreation activiy it's hard. I'm sure fundraising could be do e but its a large process to take on by myself. I would need help to pull it off for sure.

I cant believe Riverside says they don't have money in the budget for disc golf. Those douchbags have more than enough money... They just built a brand new park over by Mt Rubidoux that must have cost a hundreds of thousands of dollars. I live in Riverside and would be willing to try and help get a course here....

Silicon Valley Disc Golf Club has a meeting with the San Jose park and rec department to put in a new 18 hole course in Kelley Park. :clap:

http://www.svdgc.org/flyers/11062013 flyer.pdf

We have set up temp baskets and played there before. If anyone is in San Jose on Nov. 6th come support us at that meeting :thmbup:

New 9 hole course went in this month in Temecula, CA

Latest posts