• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

Ok guys get ready...
Folsom is getting a course!!! It's going to be a full 18 holes in nisenan park.
Funding for $30k was approved by the city of Folsom. The money will be released on July 1st.
Such a relief, this area really needs more (good) courses.

I've also heard talks of possible courses in el dorado hills and cameron park. Keeping my fingers crossed.

This is great news, thanks for the update! Do you happen to know a timeline of events such as planning the course, building, and a potential opening date? If the money is released on July 1st, I would assume it'll be at minimum a few months after that date. I prefer no rush. I'd rather wait longer for a quality course than something fast and mediocre.

This is great news, thanks for the update! Do you happen to know a timeline of events such as planning the course, building, and a potential opening date? If the money is released on July 1st, I would assume it'll be at minimum a few months after that date. I prefer no rush. I'd rather wait longer for a quality course than something fast and mediocre.

I don't have too many other details. The club is saying that design and construction will start after they get the funding. I think design could start like now... Don't see why it needs to wait. Then again I don't have all the nitty gritty details. Either way, I can't imagine the course being ready to play before fall at the earliest.

I don't have too many other details. The club is saying that design and construction will start after they get the funding. I think design could start like now... Don't see why it needs to wait. Then again I don't have all the nitty gritty details. Either way, I can't imagine the course being ready to play before fall at the earliest.

Never new there was a club for folsom. Definitely some good and welcome news.

As i said already i wont believe it until the basket signal lights up the sky calling all disc golfers to help install baskets, tees, and safety signs.

But against my better judgement I used Google Earth to look at the park. :wall::wall::wall: is it in yet.:D:D

It looks like a great plot of land for discgolf. Hopefully the holes are of top quality. Or at least mostly 375-450ft.

You or whoever is designing should definitely start now and even walk the area.

Please keep us all updated Doctor Professor! :thmbup:

Is there anywhere online to get club information? Do they have a facebook page or website that I could follow along? Do they have a designer in mind already or will it be a club effort?

I agree with Loki... we need a high caliber course. There are already a lot of smaller courses in the area. Let's get a course installed that is something to talk about.

I don't know how organized or far developed the club is yet... Didn't know there was one till a buddy added me to the page. The Facebook page is Folsom Disc Golf Club. This is where I have obtained much of the info I've shared.
I'm going to cruise out there next week to check out the land.

Last edited:
I finally got out to folsom and checked out the land for the proposed course. There are two sides of the park that I can see potential for a course, not sure where exactly the course will be. I tend to think it'll be on the southern end of the property, looks like there's more useable land over there. Either way, it's a great piece of land... Lots of elevation change, lots of big oak trees and there appear to be many large granite rocks. Hard to get a full idea cause the grass is really tall right now. I'm stoked, this spot is a great choice for a new course. It has the potential to be a very different course than either shady or rocklin.
This is the dedicated f.b. page for the course. Updates can be found here as they pop up. https://m.facebook.com/FolsomDiscGolf/?rc=p

I finally got out to folsom and checked out the land for the proposed course. There are two sides of the park that I can see potential for a course, not sure where exactly the course will be. I tend to think it'll be on the southern end of the property, looks like there's more useable land over there. Either way, it's a great piece of land... Lots of elevation change, lots of big oak trees and there appear to be many large granite rocks. Hard to get a full idea cause the grass is really tall right now. I'm stoked, this spot is a great choice for a new course. It has the potential to be a very different course than either shady or rocklin.
This is the dedicated f.b. page for the course. Updates can be found here as they pop up. https://m.facebook.com/FolsomDiscGolf/?rc=p

Glad the land looks as good on the ground as it does on Google Earth.

One question i hope gets answered soon, is how much of the property will Disc golf have the ability to use?

Can anyone confirm rumors of a new course in Arroyo Grande?

Is this the only course in the area? Anything else worth hitting out that way?

There really is nothing else around except for a private course in Kennedy Meadows which I know you already know about, because you put me in touch with the owner a while back.

Updates:

Back in Sac, sweltering in the heat, seems like everybody wants a disc golf course nowadays. Been reestablishing connections and getting linked back in, here's the gist of what I've been able to ascertain up till now:

Sacramento: Reichmuth Park. Parks has tentatively approved a 9 hole course with a possible expansion to 18. Still has to go through all the political layers, and its fate rests with city hall.:wall:
Granite Regional Park. Again parks has tentatively approved an 18 hole course but still trying to get through all the politics and ownership issues as the land for the course is an annex from a private company.:wall:

Roseville: Fiddymont Park. Developers have resumed construction on the Fiddymont development, the houses not the park, no word on when City of Roseville will start construction on the park but finally things are moving forward again. There is still an 18 hole in the master plan for the park.:wall:

Foresthill: Todd Valley Park. Placer County said not at this time. Project seems pretty much dead.:thmbdown:

Cameron Park: Gateway Park. Location changed to Bonanza Park.
Bonanza Park. 18 Hole course proposed, county seems on board but are concerned about parking and entrance to the park. On county's timeline for resolution, moving at the speed of government. Good news is land should be very well suited for disc golf.:\

El Dorado Hills. 9 Hole Now Defunct Executive Ball Golf Course. Talk about trying to get disc golf added to the park the city is planning on developing on this land. Lies in the hands of the city.:\
Bass Lake Park. Course is set for the master plan for this park, but county has no timeline for development of the park. On county's timeline for resolution, moving at the speed of government, again.:doh:

Folsom: Nisenan Park. 18 hole course proposed by Folsom Disc Golf Club. City is requiring an environmental impact study for the course, so looking like a few years out.:\
East 50 Annex Project: Talks with city of developing a course on the land here. It was the city that proposed this so we'll see how it develops.:popcorn:
B.T. Collins Park. Finally we have a winner, sort of. The city of Folsom has approved a 9 hole course provisionally on a trial period to see how it works out. Fundraising in progress for baskets, no permanent tees will be allowed until probationary period is over. Course plays in an through a power line field, not great, but not terrible either.:clap:

Time 78 I've seen this thread pop up and checked it hoping to see news of a new course anywhere near Los Angeles and there not being any.

This thread subject heading is such a tease! Lol.

At Hyzer Ale the Pug Ugly Course is actually:
San Andreas: Alex Quinoes Community Park. 18 Hole Tone Pole Course being worked on by Highway 4 Disc Golf that should be in soon if not already.
While were up in the mountains:
Angels Camp: Calaveras County Fairgrounds Another 18 Hole from Highway 4 that should be coming soon.

Latest posts