• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

@BlazedOrangeHat

Parks and Recs kind of balked at the idea of concrete tees for B.T. Collins they want a more naturally blended environment, so we will have to see how it goes. Also as the course is on probation at least until April, the club doesn't want to spend too much money on tees just yet. We may look at Disc Golf Park turf pads or something like rubber pads that are easily removed, more in line with parks and recs vision because I definitely want more permanent pads in the future. We are only installing two alternate pin positions right now and that is all parks and recs has given approval for, hopefully there will be more for the future.

Parks and Recs kind of balked at the idea of concrete tees for B.T. Collins they want a more naturally blended environment, so we will have to see how it goes. Also as the course is on probation at least until April, the club doesn't want to spend too much money on tees just yet. We may look at Disc Golf Park turf pads or something like rubber pads that are easily removed, more in line with parks and recs vision because I definitely want more permanent pads in the future. We are only installing two alternate pin positions right now and that is all parks and recs has given approval for, hopefully there will be more for the future.

Try permeable pavers in a 2x4x10' frame. It looks great, obviously is permeable, and most disc golfers like it too.

Lake Chabot is the newest Dualie (dual golf/disc golf) course in california and the third in the greater bay area (after Emerald Hills and Dela Golf Course.

Word has it that Boulder Creek Golf Course is thinking of adding DG as well. Full on Dualie explosion happening in NorCal people...

New Course in Sac

9 Mach III s have been installed at reichmuth park in Sacramento with a hopeful future expansion to 18. Course is rough and muddy with all the recent rain but playable.

Concrete pads at Reichmuth have been poured and are curing. Course is fully playable and I have added it to the database.

The city of Sacramento installed the course on the fly, didn't really talk to the disc golf community about the install, I have a gut feeling its going to be a replacement for McClatchy but that's another story, so there aren't any maps or amenities, I will see what I can work up though.

Uploaded a course map of Reichmuth, its rough and based on memory but it should help a little with navigation

@humchris85 There is no timeline for Cameron Park and it seems way down the city's priorities to even talk about, as for Folsom we only awaiting the city's final approval for install, the parking lot is done, the city's warning and rules signs are up. I think we should be looking at the first or second weekend of January for the Grand Opening

@jasonandsharon Thanks for the info. I was hoping it would be open while I was down on this trip, I guess I'll just have to make another trip down here soon.

@humchris85 Don't know which way youre coming through but the new course in sacramento Reichmuth is a fun course just off the I5 and only a few minutes from downtown.

Verdudo Hills will be RIP by the end of the year. Tearing it all down for condos. It wasn't the best course but it was fun to play along side ball golfers, there were night lights, a bar, and some damn good burgers at the 19th hole.

Verdudo Hills will be RIP by the end of the year. Tearing it all down for condos. It wasn't the best course but it was fun to play along side ball golfers, there were night lights, a bar, and some damn good burgers at the 19th hole.

:( sorry to hear about this. Verdugo was a pioneer in the dualie realm.

We just can't get ahead up here we get two new ones: Reichmuth and B.T. Collins; and we lose two others.

Latest posts