• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Ohio Courses

the back nine at Portage lakes is in, I hear its still a little rough foilage wise, but its been trimmed up and tees and baskets are in.

They are starting a doubles league this Thursday (6/23) night at 6.

Inquired and got a great/promising response from the parks department regarding the new course at Schneider Park:

"Thank you for the compliment and the constructive points you made through out your email.

The course layout was created by an avid disc golfer and situated on the Phase 1 portion of Schneider Community Park . This was done to give golfers ease of access to the course from the parking lot and keep them near multiple drinking fountains during a golfers round. The designer considered this a links style design or in other words, not very long, but with many hazards. Further, he thought that by using the topography and the woods that this course would be unique.

I will be ordering a kiosk/message board today, that will be conveniently placed at the first hole tee-box and have 4 slots to hold flyers, brochures and score cards. The message center will have a generous 1,440 sq. inches of board space and allow us to post the course layout and information regarding what is going on in the parks department and or any upcoming Frisbee disc golf tournaments.

Permanent tees will be installed in the month of July. These tees will be flush in the ground and be made from landscape timbers and crushed limestone. The crush limestone is user friendly and will allow us to easily move a tee box if need be and re-use the materials opposed to poured concrete. By using crushed limestone there will be thousands of dollars saved on material cost.

I met with the donors "Quonset Hut" of the disc golf course, message board and tee boxes yesterday. The Kratzer's will be sending me pictures of tee and goal markers used at other parks. In doing so, we will be able to design an attractive marker that will be Board approved and fits with Schneider Community Park and give the golfers direction on to the next hole.

The maintenance crew mowed Schneider Park today, including the fairways that connect the tees and goals. We thought the fairways at 30' were a neat, challenging feature opposed to a completely mowed hill/course. Mowing just the fairways instead of the whole hill minimizes the amount of mowing and keeps the man hours and fuel costs to a minimum. However, in the near future we will widen the fairways by an additional 20' using the brush hog and will periodically trim the wooded area floor to better accommodate the golfers.

I hope I answered all your questions and appreciate your interest in Schneider Community Park and the disc golf course.

Regards,
Todd A. Alexander
Plain Township
Parks and Facilities Director"

Last edited:
the back nine at Portage lakes is in, I hear its still a little rough foilage wise, but its been trimmed up and tees and baskets are in.

I'll be hitting Roscoe on July 10. Wanna play?

Tried to play Schneider last night while the kids attacked the playground.
Gave up after the 2nd hole and walked the rest of the course.

Can you say Boettler Park Jr...........

Tried to play Schneider last night while the kids attacked the playground.
Gave up after the 2nd hole and walked the rest of the course.

Can you say Boettler Park Jr...........

I want to play boettler and schneider just to see, but I really don't wanna waste my time if theyre terrible. Lol

I want to play boettler and schneider just to see, but I really don't wanna waste my time if theyre terrible. Lol

Play Boettler in late Autumn, early Winter, or early Spring when the vegetation is gone. It is not worth the hassle during the growing season, and it's actually a very enjoyable course when it's not Summer.

Based on that I'd recommend you waiting to go to Schneider during the same time frames...by then the course improvements should all be installed and hopefully it'll be better groomed as well.

I'm in North Canton, feel free to hit me up if you ever want to meet up.
Weekends are good and 5:30 pm or after during the week works best.
Noticed you are in Warren....I've got some projects going on over at Thomas Steel Strip so I plan on playing the local courses soon.

Oh god.

Imagine if Portage Lakes was 9 holes with no elevation changes.
Now put all the teesigns on the front right corners of all the tee's and take off their bag holders. Also put maps on them that have nothing to do with the distance or line the hole they're on actually has.
Shorten all the tee's by 3 feet too.
Shorten all the holes.
Take the worst spots of rough from P lakes, triple the density of it, then multiply the thorn bush population by 500%, and put that everywhere on the course.
Don't forget the bugs. Got my only tick at Boettler looking for a disc.
Make the holes less interesting and challenging too, but keep the fairways 10' wide with 4' high brush on either side.

That should give you an idea of what to expect.

Last edited:
the new holes at Hudson Springs are in, revamping the back nine. There is also a brand new Innova disc catcher for a practice basket in the ground near the parking lot.

I played through the new back nine twice yesterday and they really play well. I'm shocked at how well # 14 turned out. Big thanks to Eric and everyone with Summit DGA that helped out, along with the Hudson Parks Department. They really came through with getting the baskets relocated and removing the eyesore and safety hazard on #14.

While none these holes are true par 4s, these changes will really up the scoring averages of the course as they are not the easy 2s Hudson is known for.

I'll try to get back out and get some pics this weekend as I forgot my camera yesterday :wall:

still some more TLC to be done, and the tee pads are still natural, but the clearing is done, and the holes are very playable.

sgt hartman had it wrong. it's steers and disc golfers

displayimage.php
[/QUOTE]

looks like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mommy's azz and ended up as a brown stain on the matress. i think you've been cheated!:gross:

added Happy Hills

6 hole private course on a campground in Hocking. talked to the owner who is very nice and might be expanding to 9.

since i head that way once a year for vacation i will play this course and hocking college every year now.

The Wadsworth Park is pretty fun. It's nothing crazy in terms of length or difficulty but it's worth throwing if you're in the area. Course pictures are up: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=4682&mode=media

I hear talk of them trying to expand it to 18 holes. With Roscoe 10-15 minutes away they'd make a nice combo.

thx mike!

i'll try to get out there soon and test it out. the group i play with already made it out there so i need to try to beat their scores ;)

looks like it's another course called Veteran's Memorial like in Parma. can an admin update this courses name to Veteran's Memorial DGC @ Wadsworth please?

07e71f5a.jpeg

Baldwin-Wallace College DGC was added to dgcr.

i talked to a very nice guy a while back about the course and he mentioned that he didn't want the course online. i think he may have meant put onto the pdga site. that's why i didn't add it to this site :)

he's prob fine with it, just passing on the info.

are there any other courses opening up? i know there were possible rumors of new courses possibly popping up around westfield, west creek reserve & cleveland metroparks.

Right now were using the range finder to finish the last 3 holes at Mosquito Lake State Park. It is a 12 hole course with no plans for adding 6 more. However, thy do plan to build another course here next uear :)

Fixed*

I don't know exactly how close I got to hole #1, but I put it where I thought the directions said it was. Either way, its in Mosquito lake state park and on the map browser now.