• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Newly approved Discraft discs

TKWolverine

Birdie Member
Does anybody have any information (or a least some juicy gossip) about the three newly approved Discraft discs: Raptor, Kong, Luna?

The Raptor is the new test flight disc you've probably seen on Facebook. It's very similar to the felon or a flat top firebird. The Luna is Paul McBeth's new putter mold and the Kong is supposedly a Desteoyer clone. Flight numbers the same.

Raptor dimensions are almost exactly the same as a Predator, only difference is the diameter is .1 CM wider than a Predator. Will have to wait and see how the wing shape is tweaked.

Kong looks a lot like the new Corvette from Innova, they both have 2.3 CM width rims, for comparison Destroyer is 2.2, Boss is 2.5, Scorpius is 2.4, Corvette should be a straighter/flippier Destroyer.

Luna looks interesting, .1 CM less diamater than an Aviar and .1 CM shallower, so a little less floaty, a little more of a point and shoot putter that is just a touch smaller and shallower, I will probably give that a try, though absolutely loving the new Tour Series Pro Aviars !!!

The Raptor is the new test flight disc you've probably seen on Facebook. It's very similar to the felon or a flat top firebird. The Luna is Paul McBeth's new putter mold and the Kong is supposedly a Desteoyer clone. Flight numbers the same.

I would hope that a new plastic blend is being introduced along with the mold. I don't think Pro-D or Jawbreaker are up to McBeth standards of firm. Odd name choice.

I just hope the raptor doesn't push the predator to be obsolete and out of production. I have more aces with predators than any other mold. Good thing they are almost indestructible in Z plastic, if they do go OoP....

yeah, i love preds for being a little less OS than a firebird, etc. that allows me to get actual D out of it while still being great for wind and fh's.

wish they would bring back x-preds but that's not likely to ever happen.

The Raptor feels nothing like the Predator. It feels exactly like my old 11x firebirds. Nice and flat. More stable than most Predators. I personally throw z and x preds but I will bag this Raptor for thumbers, flick rollers and sidearms. It's a great disc.

Raptor dimensions are almost exactly the same as a Predator, only difference is the diameter is .1 CM wider than a Predator. Will have to wait and see how the wing shape is tweaked.

Kong looks a lot like the new Corvette from Innova, they both have 2.3 CM width rims, for comparison Destroyer is 2.2, Boss is 2.5, Scorpius is 2.4, Corvette should be a straighter/flippier Destroyer.

Luna looks interesting, .1 CM less diamater than an Aviar and .1 CM shallower, so a little less floaty, a little more of a point and shoot putter that is just a touch smaller and shallower, I will probably give that a try, though absolutely loving the new Tour Series Pro Aviars !!!

Destroyer in actuality is wider than the listed 2.2
Scorpius and Destroyer are supposedly the same mold so it's hilarious they're .2 off on the spec sheet

The Raptor feels nothing like the Predator. It feels exactly like my old 11x firebirds. Nice and flat. More stable than most Predators. I personally throw z and x preds but I will bag this Raptor for thumbers, flick rollers and sidearms. It's a great disc.

Glad to hear. I gave the Machete a try & it was just too fast. Firebirds are great but are too dumpy. Hope the Raptor is like an FD3 but with a little extra beef.

Destroyer in actuality is wider than the listed 2.2
Scorpius and Destroyer are supposedly the same mold so it's hilarious they're .2 off on the spec sheet
I have learned to trust no rim measurements other than what those of us with calipers say. Even then, there is variation.