• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Night Golf Equipment

dcha

Par Member
This thread is dedicated to posting all your different night golf lights and sources. Here is what I've found in the past few months.

Flat Light
http://www.extremeglow.com/Merchant...OD&Product_Code=FLIGHT&Category_Code=LEDBRACE

1.5" Glow Stick
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220799802397

Beacon
http://www.amazon.com/Disc-Golf-Beacon-Pack-Light/dp/B000W7BL7M/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

Have had luck with the glow stick and beacon. Going to give the flat light a try. After that I'll look for something custom. I want super bright.

Military glow tape before glow sticks, but what WCG said

Basket lights also make it nice too

Glow Disc + Portable Black Light = Happiness. Plus if you look at it wrong it doesn't ruin your night vision like the actual lights do.

glow discs + light = suck

they dont glow bright enough and who wants to be stuck recharging a disc after each shot? believe me, i have several glow discs and a good UV light but i still tape a light on them. so much brighter and no time wasted recharging. rather be throwing and chillin than throwing and charging then searching.

just picked up a few flat lights. love that they have 3 modes of lighting.

Meh, I use flashlight + glow discs. Quality glow discs don't need to be recharged all that often, especially with a good UV light, and stick out like a sore thumb under most circumstances.

I've seen (and had) too many taped-on lights go popping off after a tree hit (even with the tape properly applied), to deal with that again.

I'm a big fan of the flat lights. Only issue with them is sometimes they don't work as well after removing the tape after the round. You have to be careful with them, but they're bright and flat is much easier to tape than the beacons.

this is exactly what i was needing. We have a glow tournament in Peru, IN next friday night and I needed to know where to buy some lighting at! Thanks for the posts!

those flat lights are what i like to use. tape it on with some gorilla tape and have fun.

photo%2525282%252529.JPG

gateway's super glow plastic the best glow plastic i have ever seen. it charges real fast and lasts a long time. i use a glow wizard as my main putter. i have come home from a round and dropped my bag off in the dark garage and the putter would be glowing.

Really? I had a glow Gateway putter and it was the worst glow disc I've ever seen. :\

However, that was the only one I have personal experience with.

That site has the best pricing I have seen for flat lights. I found those for my club 2 years ago, tried the flat and the small round LED. Flat works best and is still able to be manipulated for settings while on the disc. If you take a razor and create a slight depression in the center mold mark of your champ or z disc it will use the disc as a lens and really make the disc visible. Not crucial but does improve the viability and "cool" effect in flight.

leds are where its at, but ive never had any problems with the beacon glows either. i usually buy them from sporting goods stores or walmart and electric tape.

Make a thread about alternatives to garbage glow discs and everyone posts about glow discs. Success

You can turn them off and on as well as cycle through the two blinking and one on setting. My shop had them in red or white LED, $2.50ea

They are bright enough to shine through DX, the LED is not at the center of gravity, a bit of offset for the battery weight helps...

These will do.

Want solutions for basket.

Here's what our group has done and had good success with:

Bought two packages of twenty 3.0 volt batteries (I believe that's what we used, but I'll double-check) for $3.40, along with single LEDs and rare earth magnets from DealExtreme.com. We found that white and green seemed to work best, while blue and red were a bit harder to see in the dark. Attach one LED to one battery and tape that combination to the center, underside of your disc. High-grade packing tape works best, but any tape will eventually come loose if it's wet outside.

For baskets, attach one LED to one battery and tape that combination to one of the rare earth magnets. The magnet sticks great to the metal pole of the basket which you can angle downward to illuminate the chains and the basket.

It's pretty surprising how bright just one LED really is. It's also fairly lightweight, so it shouldn't drastically alter the flight of your disc (if you do it right).

If you have access to a camera flash, they work great for charging up your glow plastic.

Geez do you guys even play at Nite? LEDs are wack! Just use a blacklight and Glo plastic discraft makes the the brightest glo'n Z. Though I throw mostly Innova' CFR plastic. gateways are the Worst. Pshhh leds and disc you throw during the day?? Pay the Jar!!!

Latest posts