• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nobody throws it but me!

I just played a round of night golf and realized I've never met anyone who carries a Viking. I've only ever met one person who's even thrown one. They're great when there's not a heavy wind, and will hold just about any line you put on it. It's my go to disc when only carrying a couple.

I just ordered a viking, gazelle and an orc. today I learned the 4 finger power grip and can't wait to throw them!!

the disc I carry that is rarely seen is the #4 driver and #1 flyer by lightning. But with the power grip I prob will only throw them rarely.

I carry a Z Predator and havn't seen many around here yet. There are a few pros that carry dx Condors.

I just played a round of night golf and realized I've never met anyone who carries a Viking. I've only ever met one person who's even thrown one. They're great when there's not a heavy wind, and will hold just about any line you put on it. It's my go to disc when only carrying a couple.

I hear ya.. I like the older champ vikings that were made, the plastic was a lot slicker and it was more solid then the newer vikings... dont know how to explain it. But yea.. its a more stable Valk, and your right if theres not a strong wind it will hold its line. Love it.

The Star Max.

ditto...i haven't seen many thrown around here

Discraft Nebula (aka 2008 Ace race disc) Never met someone else who has one in their bag. I love it, have 4 replacements

i have several replacements for mine as well..great anny mid for me

I also love the drone, but i think it is a lot more common that what i've seen...

Organic Magic
Star Aero (in Hot Pink, no less)
Champ Cobra
Z- Hawk, occasionally
My go-to driver is an XS

......... a Flat Top Glo Roc.
well here ya go, i have a flat top glo Roc also......... and a Innova Bar Stamp flat top too!!!!

One of the old-school regulars at JPark putts with the Wham-O 86 softie............ now THERE'S a disc no one has.......

Last edited:
Probably the most odd one I carry is a dx Python. It works well on short uphill tunnel shots. I carry a Star Max but only use it when I need to throw a hard shot out of the woods. I hate it so much I don't care what happens to it.

I've got a Demon , Panther, and Archangel. I've used a Wolf, and #2 Upshot for a while but they got phased out. Now my bro-in-law uses them.

* Te Moko (SuperClass disc, similar to a Zephyr)
* DX Pegasus (I treat it like a stable midrange)
* 8X/9X KC Banshees (awesome hammer discs)
* CE Classic Roc (dead straight and hard anhyzers)

DX Stingray

Got half a bag full, in weights from 165 up to 180. And a Star Stingray (180g) to boot, for seriously windy conditions. Unless I'm playing a wide open hole where I can just rare back and fling something more stable, you'll find me throwing a DX Stingray off the tee more often than not -- most of the time tee shots around here involve steering between trees, and I have tons more confidence in being able to do that with a Stingray while still getting *some* distance than anything else in my bag.

Dx cheetah- Seen maybe one other person throw this, but thats all. everyone else uses leopards

Was throwing one for a while -- a really beat-in one I found and had no luck trying to return. But when I lost it, I ended up buying a Leopard to replace it.

Latest posts