• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nobody throws it but me!

what's the official word on the 200g super puppies?...grandfather clause? or are they illegal to use in sanctioned tourneys?..just curious, they were popular in the early 90's in va beach

Never seen anybody use a DX Wolf but me.

Yet another one that I carry every round. I don't use it as much as my Stingrays but there are holes where I use it nearly every time (Hole 17 at East Roswell from the Blue tees, for instance), and there've been lots of times I've thrown it to make a 60-degree right turn or rolled it to get out of trouble.

The other discs that I have that no one else seems to use anymore (probably can't handle the scorn and contempt) are a couple of DX Jaguars. I've actually stopped carrying them most rounds myself, because I found I was tending to depend on the glide of those Jags to get me distance on a few holes instead of trying to develop more snap on a smaller disc. But there are times, especially on downhill holes where you can glide forever, that I wish I still had 'em in my bag.

well here ya go, i have a flat top glo Roc also......... and a Innova Bar Stamp flat top too!!!!

One of the old-school regulars at JPark putts with the Wham-O 86 softie............ now THERE'S a disc no one has.......

The 86 softie is what I putt with reluctantly, just to lazy and poor to replace it.

i know that people out there throw it but personally i dont know anyone who uses the dga rogue as much as i do.

I picked one up earlier this spring and I've been throwing it a lot. Love it.

Latitude Core...haven't encountered anyone with any of their stuff really.

Cheater. They're not even sold in stores over here ;)

I carry a Z Predator and havn't seen many around here yet. There are a few pros that carry dx Condors.

I've got three in my bag. I love them.

For my region the strangest disc in my bag would be the Voodoo. I've only ever seen one person with one. Not that it is all that uncommon though. Outside of that I don't throw too many odd ones. I suppose I have a Q-Sentenial before I switched to the Buzzz, but that's about it.

Aerobie Epic
Ching Legacy
DX Stingray

Okay so others throw the epic and stingray (on this site) but how about the legacy!

btw I really just got into the stingray, it seems a very predictable disc for hyzer flips, anhyzers, and rollers

For Albino who said the Epic, you aren't the only one. It is very situational for me but I love it for T-hawks and Thumbers, super predictable.
this is what gets me, just about anybody that does not like the Epic say it's unpredictable and a useless disc that does nothing they want... whereas people like us say it's about the most predictable flight path when thumbered...

Last edited:
Jan used to like to pump as much plastic into his molds as possible. A lot of Dynamic discs were overweight. When I started playing it was easier to find an overweight Super Puppy than a legal one. Disc golf was much smaller then, and everybody just sort of went "sure, that Puppy is OK, wink, wink, nudge, nudge." At least at the lower levels. Somebody would probably have called you on it if you were on the lead Open card of a bigger event.

Discraft Xpress Elite X, DX Cobra, Have a Discraft Deuce on the wall.

I've also never seen anyone throw any Discwing but me...I've got a QK and a QK II...the QK II has been just awesome for me lately!

DX Stingray

I use my DX Stingray just about very round I play. I like to throw it FHRH.

Never seen anybody use a DX Wolf but me.

My DX Wolf I throw more than any other disc until I get my new Comet. It is my mid-range disc and sometimes I putt with it.

Discraft Xpress Elite X, DX Cobra, Have a Discraft Deuce on the wall.

My DX Cobra is quickly becoming my main driver. I have been consisent with throwing it lately. Also, I think some of my longest drives have been with my Cobra.

Although, I don't see many other people throwing DX Stingray, DX Wolf, or DX Cobra discs around.

Other discs I throw that I don't see other people throw:
ESP Comet
DX Hydra
Power JUJU
DX Polecat

That's actually why I got the Goblin, I wanted to only play with one disc. That lasted long.... I now have 7 and 1 on the way ;):D.

Do you throw the DX or Star Goblin? I was just thinking about picking one up and was wondering what plastic weights you like for different shots.

I've also never seen anyone throw any Discwing but me...I've got a QK and a QK II...the QK II has been just awesome for me lately!

I have been meaning to ask you how that QK II has been flying for you? I know you had just got it when we met up.

I have been meaning to ask you how that QK II has been flying for you? I know you had just got it when we met up.

You know, I really like it. It seems to be a bit more understable than I had originally thought, so when I keep that in mind and throw it right, it is my farthest disc by probably 30 feet...although I'm still not as consistent with it as I am with my Reaper and TeeRex...so it's not my everyhole driver...but it's nice. We should meet up in the next week or so and I'll let you try it out if you'd like. I'm still meaning to make it to you guys doubles event!

I missed last week, but if you are interested we planning a trip to Ghost Town on Saturday morning. Let me know if you wanna go.

I missed last week, but if you are interested we planning a trip to Ghost Town on Saturday morning. Let me know if you wanna go.

I would love to except my GF is getting hearing aids put in Saturday morning so I've got to take her to the doctor. Have you ever played Ghost Town? It's sweet! This weekend is actually a little busy, but I'm planning on playing with a friend on Monday evening somewhere and then at least 2 or 3 more times next week.

Discraft Xpress Elite X
I've got one of those, but I don't carry it much. It turns over so quickly on a hard throw that I can only really count on it if I throw it softly... but then why not just use a mid-range?

By the way, if you haven't tried one, the Z Xpress is a completely different animal.

I would love to except my GF is getting hearing aids put in Saturday morning so I've got to take her to the doctor. Have you ever played Ghost Town? It's sweet! This weekend is actually a little busy, but I'm planning on playing with a friend on Monday evening somewhere and then at least 2 or 3 more times next week.

Come out to Doubles on Tuesday. 6:00pm in Brighton

Do you throw the DX or Star Goblin? I was just thinking about picking one up and was wondering what plastic weights you like for different shots.

The DX Goblin is fantastic. I tend to use it if I need to layup a shot and the Goblin is perfect for it. It stops dead when I want it to.

Latest posts