• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NY/MI trip

LeftyToss

Bogey Member
So my parents have a lake house in Upstate NY. I've been playing this sport for 2 months now and just love it. I recently stumbled upon Flip City in Michigan and immediately decided I have to play it. The drive from the lake house to Flip City is about 10 hours. I figured since I'd rather not just drive there play and drive back I'd try to plot a route and play at least 2-3 other courses. I decided on Black Diamond (Near Buffalo) to be one of them. If you go on Google maps and take the route from Rochester, NY to Flip City that's what I'll be taking. Does anyone know of any courses on or near (20 miles off) the route. Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Kensington Tobaggon and Hudson Hills Metroplex seem to be the most highly regarded although there are multiple options around Detroit and Toronto. That area seems to be a real hotbed I am curious what an out of towner thinks of that region. Keep us posted.

Hudson Mills and Hudson Mills are two spectacular courses in the same park which is not far from hiways 23 and 94 near Ann Arbor, MI. The original course was my all time favorite for many years.

I personally love River Bends which I believe is about an hour from Kensington Tobaggon. Its a nice wooded 26 hole with a couple multiple tee boxes. Layout can be confusing a sometimes so maybe try to find a group to play with or follow the group in front of you.

River Bends is great. I live about 10 minutes from there and it is always fun to play. Although, it can be extremely wet after rain. If you check out River Bends you have to check out Stoney Creek Metro Park. It's about 10 minutes from River Bends and another great course. But they're about to start charging to get in which is lame. :(

A must play is the the Ludington course about 30 miles north of Flip City, it is a MUST!! they are excellent espically the beast, You should be driving through Kalamazoo area and there are a lot of courses around this area that are superb, if short on time Play Oshtemo and Robert Morris.

If your taking the thruway upstate from jersey I would highly recommend stops at Joralemon Park south of Albany and Oxbow Falls east of Syracuse. If your coming up through PA and up 81 to Syracuse a stop at TC3 in Dryden, NY would be worth your time.

A must play is the the Ludington course about 30 miles north of Flip City, it is a MUST!!

2nd that!! For real, forget anything else! If your playing flip city play the three 24 hole courses at "mason county park"! You will not be disapointed at all!!

A must play is the the Ludington course about 30 miles north of Flip City, it is a MUST!! they are excellent espically the beast, You should be driving through Kalamazoo area and there are a lot of courses around this area that are superb, if short on time Play Oshtemo and Robert Morris.

Second that opinion with a very firm MUST!

I lived in Upstate NY for five years (Saratoga) and know the route you will take. I grew up in Ludington, Mi. So ALL the Ludington courses are a must if you drove all the way to play Flip. Mason County Park (Beast, Beauty, Goliath) and the tough one, Leviathan in Ludington four miles away.

I'm going to play the Tobaggon run tomorrow, I wish it was open more often. Kensingston's regular course is ok (the new one is opening soon so that's good) and only 8 minutes or so away while Hudson Mills is about 15 mins away so that's what I do. Ann Arbor has a decent amount of places to play too. Haven't tried Flip City yet, wish I had known about that when my wife was going to Western. Anyway, I would recommend the Tobaggon Run (when it's open) at Kengsington Metropark and The Monster at Hudson Mills. My cousin keeps trying to get me to go to Willowbrook Disc Golf Course in Byron, MI because it's the first perm disc golf course on a regular golf course in Michigan (and I think he just likes the idea of using carts while disc golfing).

Latest posts