• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

I threw my 175g Z FLX Zone today. It felt better when it was a little bit moist. I threw it hard FH in a hyzer angle and it didn't flip up at all. RHBH it went straight about 40% of the flight, then it started to drift left and dumped hard in the end. Nice disc.

This sounds promising! I will definitely be picking one up for the winter months.

Now that the different Ledgestone plastics and Z flex have been out a little while, how are these compared to the normal Esp runs, especially when it comes to stability, dome, flexability, and durability?

I have a Ledgestone Ti Zone and it is much softer than the ESP Zone I keep in my bag. I don't like the feel of the Ti Zone at all. It's not GStar soft but way to soft for me to ever want to use in play. The puddle top ESP Zones are perfect.

So I'm curious as to opinions on this.

Any ideas why the factory store hybrid Zones aren't selling out? I've been bagging one for well over a year now, and they're phenomenal. 4 backups in the bins. I kicked my LE out of the bag for one...so why aren't these selling like hotcakes, especially if they're not production run?

i have tossed a Cryztal FLX and a Z Flx .. both act like seasoned ESP Zones for me .. fwiw i toss Concave ESP's .. but i love the flx runs i have one in the bag atm and its been working great but out of the box its not absurd beefy like my esp (they are both still plenty beefy though).. oh and both of my flx are nice and concave as well .. both blue

Last edited:

Any ideas why the factory store hybrid Zones aren't selling out? I've been bagging one for well over a year now, and they're phenomenal. 4 backups in the bins. I kicked my LE out of the bag for one...so why aren't these selling like hotcakes, especially if they're not production run?

wow how did i miss these? :eek: .. didnt realize there was such a thing :eek:

What discs are you referring to? Only four Zones came up when doing a search on the store.
http://discraftfactorystore.com/search?type=product&q=zone

The Big Z Zones are identical to hybrids. I bought a bunch right away, when they opened the store, and thought they'd be gone in a matter of days. The LE Z is still in my bag, but at least I know I have close replacements if it ever starts losing that fade.

The Big Z Zones are identical to hybrids. I bought a bunch right away, when they opened the store, and thought they'd be gone in a matter of days. The LE Z is still in my bag, but at least I know I have close replacements if it ever starts losing that fade.

Have you thrown the Z Flx and if so, how does it compare to LE Z or the Big Z? I like the Z/Champ style plastic, but don't really want to spend that much on a disc unless I know it will have the overstability that the cheaper(and able to hand search for shape and color) ESPs have, so i am hoping the Z Flx can be as overstable, but at the right price. But based on a previous post, not super hopeful.

Yeah, I have thrown ESP, Z LE (my favorite), Big Z / Hybrid, Z FLX, and Pro-D Zones. For my throws, I'm typically using Zones as an approach disc where I need a hard fade into a gap. I know they're much more useful than that, but most times when I think "a Zone could work here", I've got an easier to throw disc that I know will work.

Z Flx and Z / Big Z fly similarly, IMO. I just don't like the feel of the FLX plastic, especially on a forehand throw. The harder and more slick plastic is preferable. The new Big Z feel really close to the Z discs, with maybe just a touch more texture feel to the disc, if that makes sense.

My only Zone experience is with a Ledgestone Ti from an LE misprint pack. Not a "puddle top," but pretty stinkin flat, and flies like i expected a Zone would. love it. From what I'm reading here, I can't wait to get my hands on some other varieties.

I have a Ledgestone Ti Zone and it is much softer than the ESP Zone I keep in my bag. I don't like the feel of the Ti Zone at all. It's not GStar soft but way to soft for me to ever want to use in play. The puddle top ESP Zones are perfect.

Is it one of the bar stamped Ti Zones that is so flexible? Besides not liking the feel, how does it fly compared to the ESP?

I picked up a pink Ledgestone Ti Zone right when they first came out. It was board flat when I got it, and it's been stored in a bag since then.

I pulled it out the other day to finally give it a try. It's totally puddle-topped now, so strange.

Didn't really fly like I was expecting, I was thinking it would be faster and more overstable. It's mostly straight with a hard, dumpy finish. Basically hits and sticks. I was hoping I could put this in the bag and drop my Armor Scale and Champ Gator, I assumed it would be somewhere in between. It's way closer to the scale. Don't think it will stay in the bag.

Is it one of the bar stamped Ti Zones that is so flexible? Besides not liking the feel, how does it fly compared to the ESP?

I haven't thrown it. It stays in my CTP box and will end up with someone willing to give it a try. :D

I can't justify buying anything but ESP zones. Is there any reason?

I do own one flx ti for the cold but it's not my fave.

Threw a couple of short hyzer flicks around some trees with my well worn ESP yesterday, no backhands. It's still extremely overstable, very comfy, and grippy.

Threw a couple of short hyzer flicks around some trees with my well worn ESP yesterday, no backhands. It's still extremely overstable, very comfy, and grippy.

I've been hitting trees with mine for a couple of years now and there isn't any noticeable loss in stability.

My faves are the Glo Z zones from the Great Lakes Open. Great grip, puddle-topped, extremely durable, and always overstable. I've got a Ledgestone TI one that I haven't really thrown (currently using as my breakup tray ... cough), but it feels identical with perhaps slightly less grip. Beautiful disc though; looks more like Z than Ti (to me).

i have tossed a Cryztal FLX and a Z Flx .. both act like seasoned ESP Zones for me .. fwiw i toss Concave ESP's .. but i love the flx runs i have one in the bag atm and its been working great but out of the box its not absurd beefy like my esp (they are both still plenty beefy though).. oh and both of my flx are nice and concave as well .. both blue

so, is the general consensus that concaved zones add to the beefiness and esp is the most overstable plastic ? I just bought a Z FLX, but have no experience to reference how overstable it is within the Zone spectrum.

Latest posts