• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One-Upped on a Good Deed!

jhgonzo

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I was out on my home course the day after running my Ace Race intending to finally play my own Ace Race rounds (running that event by myself doesn't usually give me time to play during the event) and noticed a young couple with 3 small kids finishing up a round -- I have been seeing this family on the course a lot lately and figured they were either beginners or new to the area, so I figured I'd finally welcome them.

In my car I had a bunch of leftover Wizards and Warlocks from the Ace Revenge, so I grabbed two of these and a bunch of minis and walked over to their vehicle. I explained that I had run the Ace Race and encouraged them to come out to play next year, proffering the discs to the dad and a handful of minis to the youngest boy, who was thrilled! We exchanged names and shook hands, and we agreed to shoot together the next time our paths crossed (turns out they routinely travel almost an hour to play LTC as a family!)...I walked back to my bag and got ready to kick off my round, happy that I'd gotten rid of some surplus plastic and made a kid smile.

Then I noticed the dad walking back towards me, carrying a bright yellow disc...it was obvious even from a distance that he had fished something out of his bag and intended to repay my kindness with some kind of seemingly Champion/Z line plastic. He handed it to me and explained that he had helped set up (and had played in) one of the 1st Ace Races and had "a few" of these lying around at home and asked if it was something I'd be interested in; "Are you a collector?" he asked. "Wow, thanks!" I excitedly replied. I'm no believer in the spiritual breed of karma, but this is a perfect example of how being generous, kind, and approachable certainly has benefits over being a selfish prick!

Remembering that I had a single leftover player pack, I offered to give him one of the 2013 prototypes for his collection; he followed me to my van, where I rummaged through boxes of crap from the event but couldn't find the disc! So there I went and got his hopes up for another free disc after taking a collector disc off his hands, and couldn't deliver! I apologized for leading him on and told him I'd make sure to save one for the next time we met up. Very cool guy!

528268_10151725308982734_198204160_n.jpg

Cool story!

Oh, and if you have any of those SSS Wizards left, I'd love to take some off your hands. Hit a practice ace with mine last night!

that is a great story. Its cool that people are willing to offer up friendship like that.

Great story! :clap: :hfive: :thmbup:

Breeze I do believe. Cool story
2003 was the inaugural year for Discraft's AR, and Tpro nailed it: Breeze.
Here's the list off their site for the curious.

2003: Breeze
2004: Glide
2005: Slipstream
2006: Meteor
2007: Impact
2008: Nebula
2009: Focus
2010: Hornet
2011: Zeppelin
2012: Zombee
2013: ?????

Latest posts