• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] P2 psycho: who else loves it?

I switched up to the P2 for putting and driving duties. I still use the NOVA for upshots (when I want totally straight/anny/bids where I go high and float and stick upon landing).

I tried out the S-P2, for driving and upshots, and didn't like it because of grip issues (it felt soft and slick) so I tried a DX P2 and fell in love instantly.

For putting, I have a very linear/flat spin putt and was using the nova/dart/aviar P&A (which have little to no fade) and was curious on how a more OS putter would work. I hypothesized that a more OS putter would benefit a spin putt.

So i initially tried out KC Pro aviars and wizards. the extra over stability, especially outside the circle, really helped out (but I hated the bead) so naturally I tried the P2 and now I finally have my permanent putter.

I use the mini stamps which dedicated DX P2's for putting and the regular stamps for upshots.

18012511520_e5cc9f33d3_z.jpg

I cant wait for my upshot/driving DX P2's to start really breaking in. I've played a lot of rounds/field practice with them and they still are very overstable. I love the idea of cycling DX P2's to eventually handle all my driving/upshot duties.

what discs from other manufacturers (excluding gateway) are most similar to the P2? (beadless, overstable, dx style plastic)

The P2 is just a great throwing putter! It can take so much power without thinking about turning, and even when you beat one in to develop some turn it still won't turn and burn. I have a d line and a McBeast s line that I'm throwing off the tee, and I can't imagine replacing them with anything else. Great discs.

I just got a pair of the marbled McBeast s-line. Most overstable aviar I have ever had. I love them, and won't be switching back to the KC pro, but I need to wear the flashing off some I think. These things do not turn!

I just got a pair of the marbled McBeast s-line. Most overstable aviar I have ever had. I love them, and won't be switching back to the KC pro, but I need to wear the flashing off some I think. These things do not turn!

Yeah the flashing on it is a bit extreme on the S-Line and is not comfortable when throwing. It needs to wear off in a hurry because it is fun to throw. I have been using D-Line for putting the last month or two and it is going well.

Yeah the flashing on it is a bit extreme on the S-Line and is not comfortable when throwing. It needs to wear off in a hurry because it is fun to throw. I have been using D-Line for putting the last month or two and it is going well.

Fine grit sandpaper, or slide the disc in circles on a very smooth sidewalk or skatepark style concrete.

I found the best way to remove flashing without damaging the disc is to rub it on a rough carpet (like the kind you would find in an office) or just use your microfiber towel. Fold the towel over a few times and apply a good amount of pressure on the flashing - only takes a few minutes to buff the flashing out.

I found the best way to remove flashing without damaging the disc is to rub it on a rough carpet (like the kind you would find in an office)

I have discs sent to work for just this reason, and def not so the wife asks how much I spent on plastic...:D

haha, you learn something new everyday! ^^^

Now where do I hide them?

I also love the p2! Right now I'm putting a xt aviar and x-line p2, they compliment each other nicely and feel very similar

I finally wore my marbled s line in some, and I have definitely moved on from the big bead. This disc is great all around. Holds any straight or overstable line on a drive, and much more forgiving on form than a mcpro when throwing full power. I have regularly overthrown a lot of upshots, mega glide and still stable. In the woods I can hit a stand still flick on any line and get and easy 150' as long as it stays low. I have let go wrong and thrown it high occasionally, in which case it hyzers out like a gator or something, but it won't skip and flare. That is probably the shot I use it for the most. I also use it for putting sometimes if it is windy.

I have also been using mid ranges a lot less since I got this. I carry my worn in mcpros, a rhyno, and the s p2 for my putters. Between those and the cycle of rocs in my bag, I have cut out the need for understable mids. I keep one beat roc for turnovers, a newer of the same weight for general use, and a heavier champ or star roc3 for overstable. I also carry a gator, but that is probably coming out since I have gotten more comfy with the rhyno and p2. I can't do much more with the gator unless the wind is crazy.

the P2 on a hyzer line, hell you can even spike hyzer them (try it its fun and effective), is so money for upshots.

the other super effective use for the P2 is when you have a semi-anny line/step out from obstacle backhand you can tilt it an release it on a little anny and it'll fight back in a tight s-curve right toward the basket. before I'd do this just to land near the pin, but if I'm 50-100ft I'll actually make a half bid right at the chains (because it only really lands at most 25ft away) to which I've hit a couple to save par/bang birdies.

The thing is that P2 is the one DM mold that comes in ALL the plastics: D, P, S, C, G and X, even Glow. Everybody should be able to find one they like. My favourites are X, S and G, the color glow C is also very nice. P can be a little slippery for me. Nithibg wrong with D either but I am not for beating in these.

I'm currently putting with Wizards, however, my stack of Wizards is starting to get very worn and my local disc shop have run out of Wizards. I'm considering getting another putter instead of waiting for them to restock. The P2 is one of the putters I'm considering. I realize that the Wizard and the P2 have completely different profiles and that's fine. When I read this thread I see lots of people praising the P2 for it's HSS off tees, but how does it fly inside the circle? I'm a spin putter and I like to put my wizards at a very slight anhyzer. They flex out flat before hitting the chains, but they don't flex in a big overstable way, very gentle at this point. How does the P2 do on spin putts? Does anybody putt it anhyzer, and if so, how does it fly? Can somebody compare the in-air putting characteristics of the P2 with the Wizard? Also, how is Discmania's current blend of D-Line? Is it line Innova's waxxy DX from yesteryear or is it more gummy like the blend used in the Thunderbird?

I'm currently putting with Wizards, however, my stack of Wizards is starting to get very worn and my local disc shop have run out of Wizards. I'm considering getting another putter instead of waiting for them to restock. The P2 is one of the putters I'm considering. I realize that the Wizard and the P2 have completely different profiles and that's fine. When I read this thread I see lots of people praising the P2 for it's HSS off tees, but how does it fly inside the circle? I'm a spin putter and I like to put my wizards at a very slight anhyzer. They flex out flat before hitting the chains, but they don't flex in a big overstable way, very gentle at this point. How does the P2 do on spin putts? Does anybody putt it anhyzer, and if so, how does it fly? Can somebody compare the in-air putting characteristics of the P2 with the Wizard? Also, how is Discmania's current blend of D-Line? Is it line Innova's waxxy DX from yesteryear or is it more gummy like the blend used in the Thunderbird?

I played for Gateway from 2003-2008 and am very familiar with the Wizard. I too am a spin putter and the P2 is my putter of choice. The recent run of D-Line P2's is in a fantastic version of D-Line. I am really hoping this is the defacto blend they use from now on. It's not too flimsy and not too firm with just the right amount of grip imo.

Inside the circle, you might notice just a touch more fade when it's brand new new, but after about a week or two of putting practice, that fade disappears and then will stay in that same spot for a really loooooooooooooooong time. I've got P2's that are 3 years old, look worn out, but still putt the same as a P2 I picked up a month back.

Driving with them off the tee is where it's really at though when they get beat up. They seem to pick up glide as they break in. Even though it feels kind of bulky in the hand, you'd think it wouldn't fly that far off the tee. But on the contrary, they seem to fly for days off the tee(As far as putters are concerned). I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up and give it a try.

Where are you getting these new ones? Discmania site?

you can get them from the discmania site, like special shield stamp/mini shield stamp ones. but the easy way to find if they are a new version is if they have the new simplified stamp:

d_p2.jpg

I've got a few KC P2s (marked KP2) that I am using for putts. Wondering if they are durable enough for driving too. Anyone thrown these long enough to tell?

Also, is there any difference in plastic stiffness or feel between the "KP2" run and the production run of P-Lines? I assume the production runs are not marked KP2...I have none to compare.

They're the same. I have both. One marked kcp2 and one pp2. Same same.

Latest posts